Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-19-2017, 03:27 PM

Default Doe behavior during rut?

Trying to punch my last tag of the season (supp. whitetail).

Was out all day yesterday and of course, not a single doe was spotted - except a fleeting white bum with a buck in hot pursuit.

As I was sitting there contemplating going home and being warm, I started wondering about doe behavior during the rut. Never even considered it before or even know if it changes.

Does anyone have any observations or tips from over the years they’d want to share? Hunting a doe to top the freezer up isn’t as sexy as a trophy buck, but it sure would be nice to fill that tag on the last weekend.

J
Old 11-19-2017, 04:01 PM
Banned

Go to wmu that allows you to use your second tag drive crown land till you see anterless whitetail and shoot it. Not hard to find them this time of year
Old 11-19-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktricker View Post
Go to wmu that allows you to use your second tag drive crown land till you see anterless whitetail and shoot it. Not hard to find them this time of year
I’ve got access to some lease land and see them all the time (when I’m not looking for them haha) - when I didn’t see any yesterday, it got me thinking about whether it was just one of those days or specific behavior during f the rut.

I guess my question was more out of curiosity - I’ve never really thought about doe behavior during the rut - if that’s even a thing. Just wondering if anyone else has picked up on anything specific, that’s all.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Banned

They will be running from bucks and eating like normal usually using same trials as all year