Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

View Poll Results: Should large trophy fish be easy or difficult to catch?
I'd like to have trophy fish more readily available. 45 30.00%
Trophy fish should be difficult to catch, only for those who work for them. 105 70.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
BigToad, I COMPLETELY agree. Its not about trophy this and that. To make reference to it while being serious is a joke. Stop making so much damned sence. The way it appears in this province today is that these ideas are fiction. Damn the fish, damn all the other resources and damn the furure. Its someone elses problem.
hoss sure has it figured out
Old 03-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius View Post
hoss sure has it figured out
LOLOL, I like to think of it all as pure B.S. too. LOLOL. No way these things are reality. All resources were put here solely for destruction by human kind. Conservation be damned, who has time to think of that in the middle of a greed/rage driven dash for the desirable resources.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 03-02-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
LOLOL, I like to think of it all as pure B.S. too. LOLOL. No way these things are reality. All resources were put here solely for destruction by human kind. Conservation be damned, who has time to think of that in the middle of a greed/rage driven dash for the desirable resources.
Packhuntr....I think as Albertans we are ALL ENTITLED to catch a trophy fish at least every second time out....don't you agree

LC
Old 03-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
youre all full of " do as i say , not as I do ' always bitchin and moaning , about this and that .
Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Gone Hunting

If you say so Mr. Darius LOL. I will ask again, except you in particular this time. What do you think our reguated game and fish species will look like in 15 years? What do you think the regualtions will look like in 15 years? I dont come from the city, so have been able to witness things on EVERY LEVEL plummet in my 35 years here. If you know so much, pull out your fishing regs from 15 years ago and have a read through, then come on back here and tell everyone what the driving forces were around all the changes represented from then till now. Dont be scared to go back further if ya like. Then proceed to tell everyone if and why you think those changes were "enough", since you and your buddies are alone in the thinking that those changes did and still are getting the job done.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 03-02-2012, 12:29 PM

What Albertas fisheries and game needs is more funding(more bios / techs and more enforcement). From that we should receive better management/conditions for our resources. Regulations will change with the resources.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:25 PM

Default Trophy Fish

Bigtoad, I did not say all lakes have trophy fish, but a lot of them do, some times you can catch them and some times you can't, there is never a guarantee when you go fishing, just a chance. Hopefully no one will disagree with being Proactive instead of being Reactive, because then it's usually to late. And yes we need more funding for our fisheries in Alberta, to bring these lakes that you have said back to being decent fisheries. In my 48 years of fishing I have seen some lakes come and some go, some do to commercial fishing, some to over fishing, even a healthy fishery can only take so much of either. As for trophy fish being easily caught time has proven for me anyway, that it isn't. My trophies are a 28lb pike and a 25lb lake trout, no wall hangers, hopefully anglers and reg changes will make more trophies available but still will not be easy to catch.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:36 AM

Default Trophy fish

Want to have trophy fish more readily available? Drive about six hours east and you'll have your pick of the many awesome lakes Saskatchewan has to offer. Tobin, Last Mountain, Deifenbaker,etc; many world class fisheries in this fine province. They seem able to manage things better than Alberta. Less fishing pressure too, I suppose.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:29 PM

Wasn't this a poll? I think the results speak for themselves