Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-12-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlildoggy View Post
This is just another shout out to Bob and the Big River Team. For those who haven't attended before or are on the fence about tournament fishing, let me tell you that Big River is a hell of a show. I attended the first and second and regretfully missed the third tourny put on there. I wish that all tourneys were like this one. Few areas are equipped with the resources ( camping & accomidations) and/or even an adequate lake like this area is. I have never felt so relaxed and so welcomed as I did at Big River. I am going to try like heck to get up there again this year and hopefully make a holiday of it with my family as I have done before. Bob and the team "do it like it should be done" and the whole community is behind them.

Best of luck again Bob, I hope to make it this year, save my number winning #39.
HAHA, Thanks for the complimant.How are you doing? The family all well?We missed you last year, Sure hope you come this year.Its an early fish this year so it will be like starting all over, but will even out the playing feild for new guys who havnt fished here before.Lake is gona be high with all the snow, when that happens the walleye have a strong spawn-das is gooood
Fisherys did a survey here this year, said walleye is the domonant species here and said there are some huge ones.I need to find those-haha
See ya soon and have a great day
Bob
Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 PM

I'll be watching to see how many boats enter this year hopefully you guys get a ton more with new date
Old 02-12-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishingiwasfishing View Post
I'll be watching to see how many boats enter this year hopefully you guys get a ton more with new date
How are u doing my freind? Havnt seen u since Last Mountian tourny. We are hoping for more too, its a lot of work to put on a great tournament. Have a great night and hope to see ya out here.Dont forget your dog
Bob
Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM

Default swt tourney

both elbow and the regina beach are posted
Old 02-12-2013, 07:34 PM

both r posted already may 25 and following weekend
Old 02-13-2013, 05:32 PM

Someone told me to share this
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013 Big River Walleye Classic Entry Form.pdf (415.3 KB, 52 views)
Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 AM

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...count=1&ref=nf
Old 03-09-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnyder View Post
We are excited about changing our date to June 1 & 2 2013. This will be the first tournament of the year for the WESTERN CANADIAN WALLEYE TRAIL. It should be spring fishing at its finest, with a complete change of tactics for most. We are also changing the daily posetion limit back to 5 fish pr boat.
Chech out our website for rules, updates and ENTRY FORMS
Should fill fast so get your entrys in asap.
Still looking for more sponcers also

Thks and good fishing
Bob
OK Guys, get your entrys in.Ifn we dont have at least 60 entrys by May 1st, we may just cancel and forget about it.This is the weekend everyone asked for ,its a ton of work putting on a great tourny but we need your support.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:34 PM

Where do we get the entry forms for June 1 tournament from? If some one has link could they share it?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Banned

Kindly back up four posts for that data. Thank you. See you there.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrofish01 View Post
Where do we get the entry forms for June 1 tournament from? If some one has link could they share it?
Entry form is up a few posts or u can go to our website ,our face book page, or the WCWT website or PM me and ill e-mail u one.THANKS
Old 03-23-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
OK Guys, get your entrys in.Ifn we dont have at least 60 entrys by May 1st, we may just cancel and forget about it.This is the weekend everyone asked for ,its a ton of work putting on a great tourny but we need your support.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Entry form is up a few posts or u can go to our website ,our face book page, or the WCWT website or PM me and ill e-mail u one.THANKS
Just a heads up Bob, the link on the WCWT website isn't working for the entry form. Wish I would've been able to make this one this year, just didn't work out for me...
Old 03-24-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Trav View Post
Just a heads up Bob, the link on the WCWT website isn't working for the entry form. Wish I would've been able to make this one this year, just didn't work out for me...
Ill check it out.Thanks, too bad u coulnt make it.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 PM

Yeah I was really looking forward to it, but I guess it wasn't meant to be this year...
Old 03-29-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 10:33 PM

The tourney has sparked my interest!
But having never fished a tourney, i have a couple of questions.

First off, how many anglers per boat? 2?
Second what are the prizes?
3rd, are there any nearby cabins to rent that are decent for a family of 4?
Tv, wifi, indoor bathrooms/showers.

I would be bringing my wife and kids lol
They go where i go!

Thanks
Hoping i can put something together to make it to my first tourney!
Dan
Old 03-30-2013, 01:01 AM

How many boats so far?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Boone View Post
The tourney has sparked my interest!
But having never fished a tourney, i have a couple of questions.

First off, how many anglers per boat? 2?
Second what are the prizes?
3rd, are there any nearby cabins to rent that are decent for a family of 4?
Tv, wifi, indoor bathrooms/showers.

I would be bringing my wife and kids lol
They go where i go!

Thanks
Hoping i can put something together to make it to my first tourney!
Dan
Hi There Mr Boone. If you go to our website ,the rules explain most of what u need to know.Yes only 2 people in a boat, prizes (depending on entrys) start at $25,000 for 1st and i beleve we pay all the way to 10th $600, plus big prizes for bigerst fish, most weight, prizes for youngest angler or best mixed team, ect.Deleronde resort has cabins but i think there booked, pickeral point has some (think they are a little rough tho) , and Classic veiw here in town have nice ones on Cowan lake(15 min from tourny
See ya here
Bob
Old 03-30-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosaire1 View Post
How many boats so far?
not enough
Old 04-02-2013, 10:15 PM

Anyone on the fence about this tourney should try it. It is very well run, very nice community with friendly people. Only bad experience ive had is last year with the "new" owners of the Timberland Motel. Very VERY rude and unprofessional. Was mad enough to walk away from tourney after check in but then came to my senses. My advice is to avoid this motel at all costs!!

on a side note:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...nner-1303.html
Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Banned

Default All this and a free map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosaire1 View Post
Anyone on the fence about this tourney should try it. It is very well run, very nice community with friendly people. Only bad experience ive had is last year with the "new" owners of the Timberland Motel. Very VERY rude and unprofessional. Was mad enough to walk away from tourney after check in but then came to my senses. My advice is to avoid this motel at all costs!!

on a side note:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...nner-1303.html
Are you not the fellow that showed up at midnight then demanded to use your own cot in a room you wished to share with paying guests? Then spent the next couple of nights in the landlord's private fifth wheel in the trees out back?? After showing up in a 70G truck and 65G boat (both new)??? Doesn't sound like rude behaviour to me, at least on the landlord's part.

My advice is to make a reservation and drop a couple of hundred on a room. Like the rest of us.

Free
Old 04-03-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
Are you not the fellow that showed up at midnight then demanded to use your own cot in a room you wished to share with paying guests? Then spent the next couple of nights in the landlord's private fifth wheel in the trees out back?? After showing up in a 70G truck and 65G boat (both new)??? Doesn't sound like rude behaviour to me, at least on the landlord's part.

My advice is to make a reservation and drop a couple of hundred on a room. Like the rest of us.

Free
Wow Rosaire, like you said, very friendly. Give this one a pass. Cheers
Old 04-03-2013, 10:40 AM

Just tried calling u bob,
I have a fishing partner lined up.
But he may not be able to make it, if i pay my registration and he cancels.
Can i fish the tourney alone or do i need the second person?
Thanks
Dan
Old 04-03-2013, 12:32 PM

Hi freedom55,

Yup that was me. Although I think you've got some facts mixed up. I had booked the room while the previous owners were in. They only had a one bed available and so I asked if we can get a cot (my partner snores a lot and I didn't want to sleep beside him ). I paid the full room charge and the additional $15 for a cot. After booking and paying up front I was told that new ownership was taking over the hotel and that I should call closer to the day and confirm which I did. A few days before the tourney I called again and made sure the new owners were aware that we would not be arriving until 11:30pm as I had to leave after work and its a 6hr drive. I arrived at 12 and was told that no cot was available and I would not get a refund for that because I paid the previous owners. Fine,right? So I asked if I could find a cot for the next day would I be able to put it in the room "no goddamned way" was the response. I accepted that and paid the next day in full. After 2 hrs of my buddy snoring in my ear I moved to my (rental) truck, reclined the seat and slept in there. That's my story. The tournament on the other hand was run great and everyone else there was really friendly(including freedom55). It's a great little town and a good tournament.

I would like to thank you freedom 55 for the advice last year of which spots to try, it was very helpful info and the tourney was great. Do u think having it in the beginning of June will be better? I hope so. Good luck!!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Banned

Default oops, again.

Rosaire: you must have been angrier than I thought at the time and your words confused me. I believed that you were asking for, and got, what you wanted. I too had to find alternate arrangements for Saturday as my room was booked for a reunion. Lucky for me I have friends in town. Sorry I jumped on you over this unfortunate incident.

Thanx for the compliments, and I am confident that the owners are well prepared to help out the anglers this year. Barry and Clarisse were well connected to the needs of not just the fishermen, but to quadders, sledders and hunters in season and will be a very difficult act to follow. I wish every success to the new folks, and that their monopoly ends soon. lol

As for the date change, it is my belief that the playing field been leveled for all participants. By not having to go through the narrows, where all the big fish reside in summer, smaller slower boats can stay in the shallower end and be successful. The spawn will be over (just) and the big males will be cruising the weed beds. May be wishful thinking; my boat is the smallest so far. But I know that lake well and plan to win. Just got to figure out how to pre-fish with Bob without giving him all my secret waypoints.hahaha

Free
Old 04-03-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Boone View Post
Just tried calling u bob,
I have a fishing partner lined up.
But he may not be able to make it, if i pay my registration and he cancels.
Can i fish the tourney alone or do i need the second person?
Thanks
Dan
Sorry, the rules state that there ae 2 persons to a boat.Im sure there are lots of guys who would love to fish a tournament, kids are a great choice too. Even girls are allowed -hahahahahahah (ouch, i will pay for that, just jokeing ladys )
Old 04-06-2013, 06:07 AM

The tourny commitie has decided to go ahead with the BIG RIVER WALLEYE CLASSIC no matter how many entrys.The town loves seeing the tourny fishermen there, and has fun putting on one of the best tournaments around.So spread the word, "the more entrys - the more prize money"Got some good sponcership with more to come.Locals say the fishing is awsum this time of year, cant wait!!! See ya there and then on to the rest of the Western Canadian Walleye Trail - YAHOO!!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
The tourny commitie has decided to go ahead with the BIG RIVER WALLEYE CLASSIC no matter how many entrys.The town loves seeing the tourny fishermen there, and has fun putting on one of the best tournaments around.So spread the word, "the more entrys - the more prize money"Got some good sponcership with more to come.Locals say the fishing is awsum this time of year, cant wait!!! See ya there and then on to the rest of the Western Canadian Walleye Trail - YAHOO!!
:snapoutofi t:
Old 04-23-2013, 07:17 PM

new campground to be opened up fer u guys.Called Stoney Bay on Deleronde- Ph # - 306-469-2424.We have a picture of it on our facebook. Looks nice.Still room at motel too.See ya in a month or so(ifn this snow ever goes away )