Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
roads were good in my opinion....bare going down..some snow covered spots on way back......locked her in and did 110 pretty much whole way back
What was access like? Much drifting on the ice?
Old 01-29-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
What was access like? Much drifting on the ice?
i texted you NHO
Old 01-29-2011, 08:36 PM

if you are refering to the access on sylvan lake rr22 is accessable and is good with a 4x4even though i saw a few cars in and out from that spot but there is a dip or a small ledge where the road and ice meets.getting in is fine but getting out with a 2wd might be tricky, rr21 is accessable too but the snow is deep and didn't see anyone fishing there. rr20 is accessable too but 4x4 is a good idea even though there is a trail that leads out to where all of the shacks are, close to the point. lots of snow there.i hope i got the info correct on the 3 access points i went to.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
i texted you NHO
Thanks CD. Cel was still in my coat from shovelling. I couldn't hear it from all the snow still on my coat! LOL! Thanks for the text, I appreciate it.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
i texted you NHO
the rest of us have to guess? thanks for your help

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-29-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
He warned me not to go to Travers with a minivan since I had thought that it might be an option. At 1:00A.M. it looked like we might not get the snowfall that was forecast.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the rest of us wouldn't mind knowing either...
Old 01-30-2011, 01:25 PM

Thumbs up Snow Car

This is the car to use on the lakes after heavy snow fall .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf snow_vehilce.pdf (39.1 KB, 111 views)
Old 01-30-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
This is the car to use on the lakes after heavy snow fall .
that'l work
Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 PM

the site slowwed to a crawl at times for me and if i tryed posting it kicked me out or just wouldnt post. i typed a long reply and tryed to post it just resulted in a spinning hourglass....so i hit post on a short message and went to bed.

thats a pretty low blow guys im always been really open about info....but whatever you feel.

Last edited by chubbdarter; 01-30-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:29 PM
hunter49

Quote:
thats a pretty low blow guys im always been really open about info....but whatever you feel.
They sure seemed to be good buddies when you were posting all your travers info!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter49 View Post
They sure seemed to be good buddies when you were posting all your travers info!
Good Observation.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
the site slowwed to a crawl at times for me and if i tryed posting it kicked me out or just wouldnt post. i typed a long reply and tryed to post it just resulted in a spinning hourglass....so i hit post on a short message and went to bed.

Don't be like that. Someone asked you (publicly) what the physical conditions were like at Travers (access, drifts, snow) - and you opted to tell the world... that you're going to tell them via private message.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:50 PM

Default Snow in the USA

Here is a few of photos of a snow storm in south dakota on Jan 5, 11.
All I can say is wow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow_beer_jan5_11.jpg (39.8 KB, 66 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf snowmobile_on_roof_jan5_11.pdf (38.9 KB, 59 views)
File Type: pdf snow_house_jan5_11.pdf (34.5 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Paul C; 01-30-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoplex View Post
Don't be like that. Someone asked you (publicly) what the physical conditions were like at Travers (access, drifts, snow) - and you opted to tell the world... that you're going to tell them via private message.

whatever....i explained myself.....i also told you the sun would sun today and you didnt believe me....so why does my access report mean anything to you anyway.
p.s. i didnt pm anyone the site wouldnt let me do it...i texted NHO because it worked and he had made prior arrangments for me to do so but he didnt reply to the text

for anyone who wants to know

took number 2 down to high river cut across to blackie...roads were covered but in good conditions...locked in and did 100.....from milo intersection to vulcan road was dry....vulcan to lake -dry.......LBPP hill was dry....park road was covered in 6 inches of snow....boat ramp had a skiff of snow.
went east....a few crusty old drifts.
started to snow about 10:30 and never stopped
was about 6-8 inches of fresh
the melt snow from the warm weather has caused some flood water on the ice..especially around the edges.noticed some deep wet tracks by the pillings.
chewwed our way up the hill homeward bound locked in and pushing hard.
roads home covered in snow but in great condition.....kudos to the Volker Boys they do a awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!! locked in and 100

ice is still very thick!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by chubbdarter; 01-30-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
Here is a few of photos of a snow storm in south dakota on Jan 5, 11.
All I can say is wow.
don't feel bad about shoveling the 3 inches of snow on my driveway now.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
whatever....i explained myself.....i also told you the sun would sun today and you didnt believe me....so why does my access report mean anything to you anyway.
Wow, simply wow.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:18 PM

i like how some people get all angry when info is not shared with them, if you want to really know how traverse is then go there? i am curious to know if anybody complaining about the private message went to traverse yesterday or today? chubb gave you all the info you would need to get fish on that res and all you can do is complain?
Old 01-30-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Wow, simply wow.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
i like how some people get all angry when info is not shared with them, if you want to really know how traverse is then go there? i am curious to know if anybody complaining about the private message went to traverse yesterday or today? chubb gave you all the info you would need to get fish on that res and all you can do is complain?
where do you see a complaint? I live a lot closer to Travers than most of you, if I wanted to fish there Id just go look, but some people dont have that option. whose butt you going to kiss tomorrow?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-30-2011, 11:18 PM

Out at Travers today (Sunday) and the the road down to the park is covered in snow as well as the road in the park. You'll need a 4x4 to get on and off the ice. Alot of snow on the ice and alot of snow on the boat launch.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
hahaha......you dont have to guess then if you live so close. if you live next to travers then why drive all the way to pine coulee all the time? is there something pine has that trav does not?
Old 01-31-2011, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
calling for sunny for sunday now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
hahaha......you dont have to guess then if you live so close. if you live next to travers then why drive all the way to pine coulee all the time? is there something pine has that trav does not?
lol....ya. millions of starving walleye. travers is hard to fish. and no wayne doesn't live by travers he lives by newell. if you wern't so focused on the details of picking apart his argument so you can lash out at him, you would understand what he meant. He said he was CLOSER than most people on the board. For example, he is closer than somone who lives in airdrie, calgary, okotoks, red deer....

This is getting ridiculous though. Tosh, i completely disagree with you when you said:
Quote:
that is a little bit of backwards thinking. I think most on here would agree that they would care less if someone shared fishing secrets but the whole point of this forum is to connect and talk about conditions and what not. For example, i sold my heater to a guy on friday. i asked him if he had plans for the weekend, he said he was about to go get his kids and take them to newell. i told him to be careful with the storm and he said what storm. He didnt even know. I shared a bunch of information with him about fishing different lakes but i would say the peice of information he was most grateful for was that there was a storm blowing in. he had no idea. he thought we were still getting 2cm of snow. could you imagine if he took his kids all the way down there and something bad happened or they got stuck down there! In the situation with travers, personally i would be ****ed if i drove the 2 hours down there to find out that i couldnt get down to the lake cause of drifts. I wouldnt be mad at anyone particular but i would be ****ed i just wasted half the day driving, wasting gas.

That said. I disagree with the way wayne and photplex kind of immediately jumped down his throat. chub did explain that he had tried to post it on here but the site has been dogs balls the past few days and it wouldnt let him post. Clearly he had been talking to new hunter by means outside the board about meeting up for travers or something. because he had issues with the site and it wouldnt let him post his report, i would assume he did something like restart his browser and then when it pulled up the site, rather than retyping the entire post he just dealt with the most pressing matter, contacting the person he was to meet up with the following morning. Had any single other board member been talking with him through text or email had plans to go out with him, he would have texted you the information.

so everybody just chill out and focus on the real issue here....... what the hell is wrong with the forum the past couple days

Ps. Chubb.. i'd hate to see that number after this thread.........

Last edited by Braun; 01-31-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
lol....ya. millions of starving walleye. travers is hard to fish. and no wayne doesn't live by travers he lives by newell. if you wern't so focused on the details of picking apart his argument so you can lash out at him, you would understand what he meant. He said he was CLOSER than most people on the board. For example, he is closer than somone who lives in airdrie, calgary, okotoks, red deer....

This is getting ridiculous though. Tosh, i completely disagree with you when you said:

that is a little bit of backwards thinking. I think most on here would agree that they would care less if someone shared fishing secrets but the whole point of this forum is to connect and talk about conditions and what not. For example, i sold my heater to a guy on friday. i asked him if he had plans for the weekend, he said he was about to go get his kids and take them to newell. i told him to be careful with the storm and he said what storm. He didnt even know. I shared a bunch of information with him about fishing different lakes but i would say the peice of information he was most grateful for was that there was a storm blowing in. he had no idea. he thought we were still getting 2cm of snow. could you imagine if he took his kids all the way down there and something bad happened or they got stuck down there! In the situation with travers, personally i would be ****ed if i drove the 2 hours down there to find out that i couldnt get down to the lake cause of drifts. I wouldnt be mad at anyone particular but i would be ****ed i just wasted half the day driving, wasting gas.

That said. I disagree with the way wayne and photplex kind of immediately jumped down his throat. chub did explain that he had tried to post it on here but the site has been dogs balls the past few days and it wouldnt let him post. Clearly he had been talking to new hunter by means outside the board about meeting up for travers or something. because he had issues with the site and it wouldnt let him post his report, i would assume he did something like restart his browser and then when it pulled up the site, rather than retyping the entire post he just dealt with the most pressing matter, contacting the person he was to meet up with the following morning. Had any single other board member been talking with him through text or email had plans to go out with him, he would have texted you the information.

so everybody just chill out and focus on the real issue here....... what the hell is wrong with the forum the past couple days

Ps. Chubb.. i'd hate to see that number after this thread.........
i will respect your opinion and will discontinue my tips thread...very good point.
always good to hear a different point of view
thanks CD

Last edited by chubbdarter; 01-31-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
i will respect your opinion and discontinue my tips thread...very good point.
always good to hear a different point of view
thanks CD
LOL I meant that in comparison to having reports on safety and road conditions. if i was heading out to fish lake X and asked for any tips and all i got back was that it was unsafe to go there, best tip i could ever get in my eyes. Chubb i commend you for sharing your wealth of knowledge. and if you can show me any single person on this forum who has compiled over 800 post in less than 2 months being a member i would be shocked. In my opinion, sharing information is completely upto the person. I wont condemn anyone not willing to share, they just better not expect anyone else to help them. If you share, thats awesome.
I try to share what i can, but most of the time there are people who know more than me just through experience.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Banned

Default Just ponderin

You know what the forums need,, a guage of what the poster is like;

i.e., Wayne Christie: funny, mildly sarcastic and facetious (<sp?)
Braun: moving towards true fisherman, opinionated, honest
Chubdarter: tongue in cheek, true Alberta fisherman, has fun
Photoplex: type A behavior to the power of 8
GustavMahler: an under rated classical composer, likes fishing

sometimes the inflection/context of how someone is writing something is lost and taken literally as a nasty jab when in fact it was just a jibe.

this thread is highly entertaining
Old 02-01-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
100% correct. Give that man a donut.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
100% correct. Give that man a donut.
WHAT????!!!! THEM THAR SOUNDS LIKES FIGHTIN WORDS,, In what conotation do you want to give me a donut?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
You know what the forums need,, a guage of what the poster is like;

i.e., Wayne Christie: funny, mildly sarcastic and facetious (<sp?)
Braun: moving towards true fisherman, opinionated, honest
Chubdarter: tongue in cheek, true Alberta fisherman, has funsexy and beautiful too
GustavMahler: an under rated classical composer, likes fishing

sometimes the inflection/context of how someone is writing something is lost and taken literally as a nasty jab when in fact it was just a jibe.

this thread is highly entertaining
hhhahhahha fixed it for you
Old 02-01-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
WHAT????!!!! THEM THAR SOUNDS LIKES FIGHTIN WORDS,, In what conotation do you want to give me a donut?
Well, you know... like, a donut? With icing. And maybe some sprinkles.
Closed Thread