Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Gone Hunting

Weird...I thought the thread was about a Canadian citizen who has chosen to not learn the language of his country, and got caught poaching, then his university educated child (who has not helped him assimilate into society) comes onto a hunting and fishing forum and asks how he can get his dad out of trouble...or reduce the fines.......I say "suck it up princess" and take your lumps...tired of the "don't speak English routine....
Old 07-27-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGAngler View Post
Good luck in court, I think best situation would be to explain the situation without excuses, give them your financial situation, be honest, and hope for the best. That's basically how I've gotten a few driving tickets lowered.
*gasp* How dare you reduce your ticket after violating our traffic laws, which keep people safe. You endanger lives with your reckless driving and then have the audacity to worm your way out of paying the full fine. Shame on you. Let's all jump on this guy together and give him a beat down. Who's with me!??
Old 07-27-2011, 01:40 PM

intermission
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06WM8...eature=related
Everyone sing
Old 07-27-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Weird...I thought the thread was about a Canadian citizen who has chosen to not learn the language of his country, and got caught poaching, then his university educated child (who has not helped him assimilate into society) comes onto a hunting and fishing forum and asks how he can get his dad out of trouble...or reduce the fines.......I say "suck it up princess" and take your lumps...tired of the "don't speak English routine....
It's about a Canadian citizen, who made a mistake and is looking for additional information. Instead, he received countless attacks on how he should learn English. I'm tired too... of your routine.

And yes, he came to an Alberta fishing forum.... wait a minute... wait for it... it's a fishing violation! What better place than a fishing forum to ask such a question? It's too bad that Gray's introduction into Alberta Outdoorsmen is with guys like you. I'm embarassed!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Gone Hunting

As you should be........
Old 07-27-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
I'm embarassed!
You should be embarassed at how many of your posts are arguments and insults, compared to how many are actually talking about the outdoors, hunting, fishing etc.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketrout View Post
you should be embarassed at how many of your posts are arguments and insults, compared to how many are actually talking about the outdoors, hunting, fishing etc.

x100!!

Orv.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:59 PM

I know this might p#$$ some people off, but I have to agree with Boot, at least in part. I am really glad he and his friend got caught, and they deserve whatever penalty the court deems fit. But to get on Grey's case for asking for advice, I think it a bit unfair. We've all made mistakes in life, some with knowledge, some without. What we do after we've been 'corrected' is almost more important (IMO). I totally have no sympathy for poachers and believe they should all be prosecuted and I will report any illegal behaviour I witness and applaud everybody who does the same thing. But when someone asked for help.... I don't think they should be 'attacked'. How many of us have asked friends how to get out of parking ticket or have speeding ticket reduced or eliminated? Different context, but same principle.....

Well that's just my 2cents...
Old 07-27-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketrout View Post
You should be embarassed at how many of your posts are arguments and insults, compared to how many are actually talking about the outdoors, hunting, fishing etc.
I'm embarassed of that too. Now, can I follow your lead and start the beat down on BGAngler? No sympathy for that lawbreaker! Throw the book at him. Take away his car (too much? tone it down?)!!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
I'm embarassed of that too.
We finally agree on something
Old 07-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Administrator

A lot of pointless arguing and insults going on here... Thread Closed.
Closed Thread