Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2022, 07:14 AM

Default *Good news update post 79!!* Enjoy it while you got it! So long, farewell...

Since I joined AO 10 years ago I have come to think of this community as extended family. I have met many good people and have learned so much. I have always appreciated being a member and have offered support where I could but have received so much more.

At 54 I have had many challenges and have always battled through and have been able to be on the winning side. I take pride in that! This time I won't win but want to make the best of my situation. I am now at Uof A hospital and the body pains I have been suffering with since October have finally been diagnosed as terminal stage 4 cancer. It is nothing I could have ever been prepared for. Since the start of my pain I have been to many Doctors and I have been told I had bruised ribs, a hernia, need hip replacement, and a gamut of other possible scenarios. On Thursday I had a CT and the diagnosis was complete.
Although I am scared and really not accepting or can understand the situation I find myself in my thoughts are with my son, my wife, and my family.& friends. Like I said I consider AO an extended family so I want to share.
My hope with this thread is that I want everyone to learn though my post and the following comments just how special and valuable our time here is so make the most of it and to take the time to appreciate this gift. Tell your family you love them and hug your children. Be there for them and they will be there for you!
I am getting lots of support from my family, my friends have all come forward with overwhelming love. My final journey has begun...
Thanks AO. Godspeed....

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend

Last edited by tirebob; 05-26-2022 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:32 AM

Prayers for you and you family through this difficult journey. You are to young a person to have to go through this. And yes the AO family will be there with support and kind words. Godspeed kind sir.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:33 AM

No words can express the thoughts or feelings. You and your family will be in our prayers.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:37 AM

don't know if you are a spiritual person or not, maybe a member here could bring you some kind of talisman like an inert cartridge, fishing lure, deer antler, or something for you to reminisce with if the road gets really rough. let us know.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:39 AM

Sorry to hear that, I will do all I can... Pray.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-21-2022, 07:44 AM

Words can't express what I feel right now. If you or our family need anything let us know.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:45 AM

been battling 2 kinds of cancer for over 15 years

currently battling a terminal but in remission lung disease and never smoked,
some of us understand the worry and pain my friend just a little bit

try every day to remember good times and how you overcame difficult times

make the calls to friends and others yiu like and thanks the, for the times you had

anything we can do

I bought a sports car that we could do a burnout in front of the hospital or take you for a ride if you wish

anything else you can think of you would like us to do,
just ask many are more talented than I will ever be

let us know you are our friend

respectfully jeff
Old 05-21-2022, 07:45 AM

.............not sure what to say....

I, along with many others I believe, will pray for you, your family, and supporting friends...

Be strong my fellow AO friend...
Old 05-21-2022, 07:49 AM

Absolutely terrible news to hear, I have lost many friends recently, from cancer, depression leading to suicide, and other illnesses, life is too short, and at times like this, it just doesn't seem fair.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:58 AM

I don't have the words as that just put a lump in my throat.
I wish you the best of luck.
When God calls, ya gotta go.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:19 AM

So sorry to hear this. I don’t know you Teledogs but it choked me up to read what you wrote. It hits home for me as my mother went through this a couple years ago. She fought until the bitter end. Don’t give up man live your life to the fullest. You are in my thoughts and like others have said please just ask if you or your family are in need of anything. I’m in the Edmonton area, don’t be scared to reach out. Take care and God Bless.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:30 AM

Very sorry to hear this. You are a brave man! Your words are strong. I’ll heed your advice and you are in my thoughts and prayers now, so is your wife and son.

BW
Old 05-21-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
Since I joined AO 10 years ago I have come to think of this community as extended family. I have met many good people and have learned so much. I have always appreciated being a member and have offered support where I could but have received so much more.

At 54 I have had many challenges and have always battled through and have been able to be on the winning side. I take pride in that! This time I won't win but want to make the best of my situation. I am now at Uof A hospital and the body pains I have been suffering with since October have finally been diagnosed as terminal stage 4 cancer. It is nothing I could have ever been prepared for. Since the start of my pain I have been to many Doctors and I have been told I had bruised ribs, a hernia, need hip replacement, and a gamut of other possible scenarios. On Thursday I had a CT and the diagnosis was complete.
Although I am scared and really not accepting or can understand the situation I find myself in my thoughts are with my son, my wife, and my family.& friends. Like I said I consider AO an extended family so I want to share.
My hope with this thread is that I want everyone to learn though my post and the following comments just how special and valuable our time here is so make the most of it and to take the time to appreciate this gift. Tell your family you love them and hug your children. Be there for them and they will be there for you!
I am getting lots of support from my family, my friends have all come forward with overwhelming love. My final journey has begun...
Thanks AO. Godspeed....
Pains me to hear this teledogs, really don't have words- my thoughts are only for the best for you and your family in this.

Creeky....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 05-21-2022, 08:37 AM

Thanks for your advice . My prayers are with you and your family.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:43 AM

Teledogs, you have mail!
Cat
Old 05-21-2022, 08:45 AM
AO Sponsor

Man... You gone and hit me in the feels first thing this morning sir. If you are in need of anything that we can help with, I am sure the AO family will have your back! Good luck to all...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 05-21-2022, 08:54 AM

I am very sorry for your diagnosis. Praying.

What hospital you in?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2022, 08:57 AM

I don't know what to say and I usually refrain from commenting on these threads, but I always say, it's not over till the fat lady sings, you have to keep fighting, make the most of what time you have left.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-21-2022, 08:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

So sorry to hear this, can’t imagine it but you have your loved ones and true support of all of us here.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-21-2022, 09:13 AM

Very sorry to hear that I retired early for that very reason. I wish you and your family our thoughts in this trying time and hope somehow you can make it through. Weird things do sometimes happen.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:28 AM

So sorry to hear about your cancer i hope you take care of yourself your family will be a great help, the medical community does great things, lets hope they can help you, Nimrod
Old 05-21-2022, 09:32 AM

That is terrible news...positive thoughts for you and your family. You are one strong person, keep at it.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:47 AM

Sorry to hear that the cancer is a stubborn one, quick story here, I was given less than two years to live with my stage 4 cancer, that was 10-11 years ago…I’m still here, and ready to help with whatever you need…chin up and don’t give up easy, I did that a coupla times, but my care givers kept me alive even as I tried to check out…do not give up easy, fight for every inch of life you can get.
Again, as many others have said..I’m here for ya as well..
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-21-2022, 09:48 AM

Speechless. My thoughts and prayers with you and your family.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:52 AM

Very sorry to hear. Although I don't know you personally, you are part of the AO family and we have lost too many! As previously said, I don't have the words. The best to you and your family!
Old 05-21-2022, 09:58 AM

Praying for you and your family.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:06 AM

So sorry to hear,

,i hope by some miracle that you can get through this, you are such a young man still.Im turning 70 in july ive been lucky, lots of cancer has taken many of my family in the past. Rest assured that the AO family will help all we can,try your best to stay positive.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:10 AM

This definitely sucks.

Can’t come up with any other words at this time.

There are no absolutes
Old 05-21-2022, 10:18 AM

So sorry to hear of your latest diagnosis. Stay strong!
Old 05-21-2022, 10:19 AM

Sad News Teledogs. Dealing with Cancer is never pleasant. Stage 4 Metastic cancer is Brutal. The hard part is initially shock ,anger. How and why did I get cancer? Then you deal with the cancer. Trust in your family, friends, and Oncologist Team. Stage 4 is not a good stage. However there is still hope. Enjoy the days you are alive with the ones you love. Thank You for being and Outdoorsman. God Bless. 🙏