Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-25-2022, 02:13 PM

Default Reeves1, are you looking for a recreational property?

I thought this humble listing might appeal to AO's Ford-guy extraordinaire. I have to say, I'm surprised its listed that low, all things considered:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...8587945_zpid/?
Old 06-25-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I thought this humble listing might appeal to AO's Ford-guy extraordinaire. I have to say, I'm surprised its listed that low, all things considered:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...8587945_zpid/?

I have been to Detroit a few times on business, if they paid me a million dollars and threw in that house and the car out front for free, I still would never live there. Most agree with me, there are less people living in Detroit now than there were in 1910. Hundreds of square miles of abandoned homes and industrial sites have been bulldozed and turned back into farm fields. What is left is not inhabitable without armoured vehicles and private security.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have been to Detroit a few times on business, if they paid me a million dollars and threw in that house and the car out front for free, I still would never live there. Most agree with me, there are less people living in Detroit now than there were in 1910. Hundreds of square miles of abandoned homes and industrial sites have been bulldozed and turned back into farm fields. What is left is not inhabitable without armoured vehicles and private security.

I figured the local economy & social conditions would have a lot to do with its price, though the drone shots from up high indicate the immediate neighborhood seems OK.

In a more prosperous city, I bet that place would go for at least triple or quadruple what they're asking given its provenance. Kind of cool to think of the other captains of industry that would have been through there as guests.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:41 PM

Cool house, just move it somewhere out of Detroit….
Old 06-26-2022, 08:43 AM

I have an awesome place now. No one can build near me. Laneway is about 1/2 mile long. Very private.
I have 3 Peacocks free ranging the front yard.

Rock in the last picture is igious (sp?) . Found on a job site near Bonneyville. Over 1500 lbs ! Set in the back of my F-350 & I also had a full tidy tank. Springs got a work out that day

Last edited by Reeves1; 06-26-2022 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:58 AM
Banned

I had a business idea: I wanted to buy real estate and rent it to tourists, with big profit
But the coronovirus ruined everything.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:37 AM
Banned

why the cage around the rock? was looking for something living in there, but couldn't see it, so thought i'd ask if the rock keeps escaping?
Old 06-27-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
I have an awesome place now. No one can build near me. Laneway is about 1/2 mile long. Very private.
I have 3 Peacocks free ranging the front yard.

Rock in the last picture is igious (sp?) . Found on a job site near Bonneyville. Over 1500 lbs ! Set in the back of my F-350 & I also had a full tidy tank. Springs got a work out that day
Very hard to believe there was an igneous rock in that area. But I do believe you. Very interesting. Post a close up pic please.

Could of been from a kimberlite pipe maybe… but only more likely from NE Alberta? Waterton has some igneous rocks.

Very interesting.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-30-2022, 08:51 AM

Default Rock

That rock looks very much like a leverite.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post
why the cage around the rock? was looking for something living in there, but couldn't see it, so thought i'd ask if the rock keeps escaping?
If that rock put it's mind to it - no little chicken wire fence would stand in it's way in a rolling escape !!!!!
Old 06-30-2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
That rock looks very much like a leverite.
Leverite where it is!