Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2023, 07:57 PM

Default Interesting today

I went to Red Deer to have an MRI done today, there was a Ukrainian family there for some x ray work. Their kids were all doing the phone thing, but instead of texting their buds or playing video games, They were learning English and practicing among themselves. Those are the kinds of immigrants we need.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 12-22-2023, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
I went to Red Deer to have an MRI done today, there was a Ukrainian family there for some x ray work. Their kids were all doing the phone thing, but instead of texting their buds or playing video games, They were learning English and practicing among themselves. Those are the kinds of immigrants we need.
Yep, and they won’t be strapping the explosives to their kids either! And all the taxes they pay when buying vodka, just think about that!
Old 12-22-2023, 10:01 PM

Pretty dang feel good story there. Hope many more follow the good example those parents are setting!!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 12-23-2023, 09:34 AM

look on those Children and smile.

They will apply themselves in school and will be your next generation of Doctors, Engineers, Dentists, Accountants, etc.

They will be the ones who value freedom and prosperity and will stand up for it.

They will be the ones who will fight against corruption in Government.

Why?

Because they saw their homes destroyed by a Tyrant and were forced to run for their lives.

Since long before 2014 they lived in a corrupt Country ruled by corrupt Government that almost cost them their lives because their military was one of the biggest areas of Government corruption.

They are the ones who lost their future in Ukraine, and saw so many of their relatives killed in defence of their Country.

They will be grateful for what Canada has to offer, and will not try to force their religion on us, and not try to force Canada to change to their form of "Shira Law".

In essence, they will be the Canadians we can be proud of.

Drewski
Old 12-23-2023, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post

They will apply themselves in school and will be your next generation of Doctors, Engineers, Dentists, Accountants, etc.

They will be the ones who value freedom and prosperity and will stand up for it.

Why?

Because they saw their homes destroyed by a Tyrant and were forced to run for their lives.

Since long before 2014 they lived in a corrupt Country ruled by corrupt Government that almost cost them their lives because their military was one of the biggest areas of Government corruption.

They are the ones who lost their future in Ukraine, and saw so many of their relatives killed in defence of their Country.

They will be grateful for what Canada has to offer, and will not try to force their religion on us, and not try to force Canada to change to their form of "Shira Law".

Drewski
1000% correct ^^^
Old 12-23-2023, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Why?

Drewski
Indeed!
People think my prejudice is based on Color or religion, it’s not, it’s based on attitudes.
Old 12-23-2023, 12:23 PM

Thumbs up Ditto!!

You hit the nail on it's head (IMO)
Old 02-06-2024, 09:02 PM

Thought I'd bump a good one!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-06-2024, 09:07 PM

Quote:

Why?

Drewski
Well said. These people are very much like most of our ancestors, just grateful to be given a fresh start at life.
Old 02-07-2024, 09:00 AM

Quote:

Why?

Drewski
Excellent ! People that are grateful and have huge potential to contribute to society......not demanding , trying to change everything and whining.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:00 PM

I hired one of these gentlemen who was trying to bring his family over 3 months ago and it was one of the best hiring decisions I have ever made. He outworks everyone else on the crew and actually shows gratitude for his job. We need more people like this in the work force. 1000 %
Old 02-07-2024, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwhite View Post
I hired one of these gentlemen who was trying to bring his family over 3 months ago and it was one of the best hiring decisions I have ever made. He outworks everyone else on the crew and actually shows gratitude for his job. We need more people like this in the work force. 1000 %
True, lots of hard working guys came here. On the other hand, I just watched a video of another guy who is boarding the plane to fly back, he said that during his 4 months stay in this wonderful country he worked so hard and so much like he never worked in his entire life! He said he was here not to work hard but to enjoy the life…..
People are so different!
Old 02-07-2024, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwhite View Post
A surplus of desperate labourers is always good for the bottom line, isn't it?
Old 02-07-2024, 02:16 PM

Quote:

Why?

Drewski
All of the fighting is occurring in the eastern, pro-Russian regions of Ukraine. The civilians that are dying are pro-Russian if they don't already consider themselves Russian.

All of the Ukrainians who have come to Canada were not made homeless by the war -- they simply don't believe in Ukraine enough to die for it. Sensible enough.
Old 02-07-2024, 07:34 PM

MRIs .....

Year ago I fell from in front on the tool box , backwards onto my upper back , did a backwards summer sault over the end of the track & landed on my back end , smacking my head on the tracks. New corks.

Years later had an MRI done for another reason. Tech told me I had (in the past) fractured my T-1 vert in 4 places , damaged T-2 through T-4 (or was it T-5) , broke two ribs , cracked the right humoris (sp ?) and a concussion (sp?)

Didn't miss a day of work. Although I couldn't dump the bucket (excavator) for 3-4 days , as the cracked Humoris would open & hurt too much.

Guy I worked for wouldn't submit the accident forms. WCB said they would side with the Employer.....

To this day , many years later , I still hurt......