Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
The scary part is that you believe your views actually benefit lawful gun owners. All your attitude does is create an “us vs them” mentality. If organizations like the NRA or NFA put effort into promoting gun safety and making it more difficult for criminals to obtain firearms, we as firearms owners would have a lot less to worry about. But as owners we will always have extremist in our midst that make the situation worst and cry that the sky is falling and all our guns will be taken away. Just not very often is the extremist not a firearms owner, but to each his own.

Have a good day and thanks for your concern
Thank for the laugh but owners are doing a wonderful job of segregating themselves. .

Trudeau was elected almost 2 years ago and hasn't really touched on the election promises his party made about firearms.

I suspect there's going to be alot of complaining and moaning in the next few months.

Enjoy! It'll be interesting when reclassification is back in the hands of your friendly neighborhood RCMP.

https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/guns/

https://globalnews.ca/news/3785263/g...oken-promises/
Old 10-09-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
I am a proponent of getting rid of licensing, but mandatory training prior to the first purchase.

As stated, licensing is purely a regulatory thing, If the focus would switch to safety we would be a lot further ahead.
So if something ( a law or regulation) doesn't prevent absolutely 100%of the problems it's designed to prevent it's useless and should be thrown out?

Makes zero sense to me.

Yet - You would make firearm safety training "a mandatory regulation" but you do realise that is PRECISELY what a PAL does don't you? It tracks individual and confirms they have passed the firearms safety course and registers your name making you, subsequently, eligible to purchase and own a firearm. Nothing more - nothing less.

What other "nefarious"purpose does the PAL serve? Is there a "conspiracy" of some sort we are victims of?

And ........ how does a PAL "hobble" the law abiding if you are following the laws?

And ..... you think there shouldn't be a law against owning or possessing a firearms without the appropriate licenses or permissions? Is this your position?

It makes absolutely no sense to me. This is a serious question ....???? I'm genuinely curious.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:02 PM

Default How would you effectively train people to safely handle firearms?

How would you effectively train people to safely handle firearms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Simple answer? You can't.
^^^^^^^ If you actually believe that, it is the best reason I have ever seen for the total ban on firearms.

You don't speak for me!
Old 10-09-2017, 05:09 PM

Default how easy would it be?

Quote:

You know how simple it would be for Trudeau to remove firearms from the hands of Canadians? Expire all PAL's, that simple - and you're automatically a criminal.
With your attitude that training will not help, I would think it would be a lot easier for any government to do just that.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Banned

Default A Provincial 'Bleed-to-Death' Confiscation Strategy

Which political party initiated a tax to be levied on shooting ranges on Crown Land ?
Old 10-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
With your attitude that training will not help, I would think it would be a lot easier for any government to do just that.
Why would my attitude matter? i'm not in government, I'm not after your firearms - and I don't vote. I'm like the enemy to you and that's typical. If you don't own a firearm, then you have no skin in the game and are basically the enemy.

And my attitude is the problem?

The majority of Canada has no problem with firearms ownership. Unfortunately, you're getting beaten by the minority.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
So if something ( a law or regulation) doesn't prevent absolutely 100%of the problems it's designed to prevent it's useless and should be thrown out?

Makes zero sense to me.

Yet - You would make firearm safety training "a mandatory regulation" but you do realise that is PRECISELY what a PAL does don't you? It tracks individual and confirms they have passed the firearms safety course and registers your name making you, subsequently, eligible to purchase and own a firearm. Nothing more - nothing less.

What other "nefarious"purpose does the PAL serve? Is there a "conspiracy" of some sort we are victims of?

And ........ how does a PAL "hobble" the law abiding if you are following the laws?

And ..... you think there shouldn't be a law against owning or possessing a firearms without the appropriate licenses or permissions? Is this your position?

It makes absolutely no sense to me. This is a serious question ....???? I'm genuinely curious.
A PAL course hardly teaches safety, not in my experience anyway. What I am getting at is that there should be hands on training, live ammo, etc.

And the PAL system prevents very little crime, not even close to 100%. So yes, when a law generally does not prevent the crime, it effectively renders the law useless. See the drug laws, for example.

So yes, I believe that there should not be restrictions on firearms ownership provided one is not engaged in criminal behavior. The restriction in that case would not come into effect until the criminal was charged.

Obviously we shouldn't count on a change for the better in Canada anytime soon, but it doesn't mean we can't dream....
Old 10-10-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
A PAL course hardly teaches safety, not in my experience anyway. What I am getting at is that there should be hands on training, live ammo, etc.

And the PAL system prevents very little crime, not even close to 100%. So yes, when a law generally does not prevent the crime, it effectively renders the law useless. See the drug laws, for example.

So yes, I believe that there should not be restrictions on firearms ownership provided one is not engaged in criminal behavior. The restriction in that case would not come into effect until the criminal was charged.

Obviously we shouldn't count on a change for the better in Canada anytime soon, but it doesn't mean we can't dream....

How would you suggest enforcing these restrictions once a criminal is charged? The only way I can see it working is for every retailer and private seller performing a criminal background check on every single transaction involving a firearm, which sounds expensive and likely wouldn’t occur every time a firearm is sold anyway.

A PAL already does essentially what you want. If someone commits a crime that warrants no possession of firearms their PAL is revoked, simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
From the NFA’s facebook page.

I thought Brian Jean was more gun-friendly.

He will not get my vote.

So you are saying that if some guy is converting semi's to full automatic in his basement and has 50 of them stockpiled, there should be no criminal charges? That's non-violent and non-victim, right? I'm sorry, I'm with Jean on that one.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Banned

How did we ever survive before 1995? Lets change the rules and go back to the FAC - the FAC didn't criminalize you like the PAL does. Government and police can't control the criminal element of society, and they know this - but they can control you. A law abiding citizen.

If you want to own firearms in Canada, you're basically treated like a criminal - just because you want to buy and own a few guns. That fair? People have been made to be afraid of firearms - not the person behind the trigger. When I was young, it was nothing for us to move around dressed in blaze orange and sporting rifles to go hunting. If we bagged a moose, the head was tied to the hood of the truck - people were happy for you, freezer full of meat. Try that now. How and why did a semi-auto rifle become an assault rifle?

Not IF, but WHEN Trudeau changes the laws and puts firearms reclassification back in the hands of the RCMP - CZ858 and many others will likely be reclassified to prohibited and you won't have a safety net this time around. You are going to be a criminal simply because you legally bought one of these firearms.

The ones that are supportive of the PAL system, let me ask you this...? If you didn't have a PAL, would you be out shooting up society? I trust that you wouldn't.

Every general discussion surrounding firearms and laws on AO, you can clearly see the division.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
So you are saying that if some guy is converting semi's to full automatic in his basement and has 50 of them stockpiled, there should be no criminal charges? That's non-violent and non-victim, right? I'm sorry, I'm with Jean on that one.
Ever go through a check stop Oki? Only to realize, oh crap, my license is expired. Or your registration is expired, or forgot to grab that new updated insurance card? Now you have the deer in the headlight look facing a cop?

The law is stated clearly. If your PAL expires, then you are in criminal possession of a firearm subject to the same consequences. And Trudeau will make sure that this is the case.

Don't you think changes should be made?
Old 10-10-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Ever go through a check stop Oki? Only to realize, oh crap, my license is expired. Or your registration is expired, or forgot to grab that new updated insurance card? Now you have the deer in the headlight look facing a cop?

The law is stated clearly. If your PAL expires, then you are in criminal possession of a firearm subject to the same consequences. And Trudeau will make sure that this is the case.

Sure, on that one I agree there should be no criminal charge. But the original post and question allegedly put to Jean was whether he thought that non-victim, non-violent offenses should be decriminalized. I just gave you one example that fits that description that I DEFININITELY think should not be decriminalized. Unfortunately they didn't ask Jean if he thought that people who's PAL expired should be charged under the criminal code.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Sure, on that one I agree there should be no criminal charge. But the original post and question allegedly put to Jean was whether he thought that non-victim, non-violent offenses should be decriminalized. I just gave you one example that fits that description that I DEFININITELY think should not be decriminalized. Unfortunately they didn't ask Jean if he thought that people who's PAL expired should be charged under the criminal code.
So we do agree. Unfortunately, you are a criminal in waiting if you have a PAL. The laws need to change, criminals are the ones that need to be punished but unfortunately, we are all treated like we are guilty.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
How did we ever survive before 1995? Lets change the rules and go back to the FAC - the FAC didn't criminalize you like the PAL does. Government and police can't control the criminal element of society, and they know this - but they can control you. A law abiding citizen.

If you want to own firearms in Canada, you're basically treated like a criminal - just because you want to buy and own a few guns. That fair? People have been made to be afraid of firearms - not the person behind the trigger. When I was young, it was nothing for us to move around dressed in blaze orange and sporting rifles to go hunting. If we bagged a moose, the head was tied to the hood of the truck - people were happy for you, freezer full of meat. Try that now. How and why did a semi-auto rifle become an assault rifle?

Not IF, but WHEN Trudeau changes the laws and puts firearms reclassification back in the hands of the RCMP - CZ858 and many others will likely be reclassified to prohibited and you won't have a safety net this time around. You are going to be a criminal simply because you legally bought one of these firearms.

The ones that are supportive of the PAL system, let me ask you this...? If you didn't have a PAL, would you be out shooting up society? I trust that you wouldn't.

Every general discussion surrounding firearms and laws on AO, you can clearly see the division.
People have a real misunderstanding of the "Lab". Originally in 1995 the Firearms Lab fell under the umbrella of the RCMP. Shortly after this time the "Lab" was moved under the umbrella of the Department of Justice. In 2006 the "Lab" was moved back under the umbrella of the RCMP and has remained under the RCMP since. During this 30 years the staff has remained the same and just change job classifications from Public Servant's (DOJ)to Civilian Member's (RCMP). The "Lab" has always been responsible for the classification of firearms. What we saw under the PC was that the Public Safety Minister would suppress certain Lab decisions and not allow them to be enforced by police. When the Liberal government got in, Trudeau statement in reference to putting the decision making back in the hands of the RCMP, was indicating that his public safety minister would not interfere with Lab opinions and decisions.

Also there has been an amnesty for expired PAL's in place for almost 10 years and was just extended for another year by the Liberal government. This Amnesty allows persons with expired PAL's to come into compliance without fear of prosecution.

The only fear that most reasonable owners have right now is that the extremist views of few firearms owner (and maybe a few non-owners) makes us look like a bunch idiots that have no regard for public safety or rules laws. As I said before thanks for your concerns, but please stop as your commentary and views do nothing to help the cause of law abiding gun owners.

Here a little history lesson for you, take note of 1976. At the same time they were outlawing fully automatic firearms, a firearm licensing system was put in place for possession and acquisition. Maybe you childhood memories were from a different country!

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/p...st/con-eng.htm
Old 10-10-2017, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
People have a real misunderstanding of the "Lab". Originally in 1995 the Firearms Lab fell under the umbrella of the RCMP. Shortly after this time the "Lab" was moved under the umbrella of the Department of Justice. In 2006 the "Lab" was moved back under the umbrella of the RCMP and has remained under the RCMP since. During this 30 years the staff has remained the same and just change job classifications from Public Servant's (DOJ)to Civilian Member's (RCMP). The "Lab" has always been responsible for the classification of firearms. What we saw under the PC was that the Public Safety Minister would suppress certain Lab decisions and not allow them to be enforced by police. When the Liberal government got in, Trudeau statement in reference to putting the decision making back in the hands of the RCMP, was indicating that his public safety minister would not interfere with Lab opinions and decisions.

Also there has been an amnesty for expired PAL's in place for almost 10 years and was just extended for another year by the Liberal government. This Amnesty allows persons with expired PAL's to come into compliance without fear of prosecution.

The only fear that most reasonable owners have right now is that the extremist views of few firearms owner (and maybe a few non-owners) makes us look like a bunch idiots that have no regard for public safety or rules laws. As I said before thanks for your concerns, but please stop as your commentary and views do nothing to help the cause of law abiding gun owners.

Here a little history lesson for you, take note of 1976. At the same time they were outlawing fully automatic firearms, a firearm licensing system was put in place for possession and acquisition. Maybe you childhood memories were from a different country!

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/p...st/con-eng.htm
And what has changed in the last 30+ years?

Propaganda machine - media, government, police, bleeding heart liberals - all wanting people to fear firearms. What used to be a semi-auto hunting rifle is now considered an assault weapon - just because it looks black and scary. The RCMP are not your friends when it comes to firearms.

When the FAC came into play back in the 70's, you only needed it to purchase firearms - not to own them. It was a pretty quick process, one page application police did a quick background check and you were good to go. Now they rip your life apart - and even after you get say an RPAL, they are pretty much doing consistent checks on you to make sure you're still a "valid individual". Under the FAC, if all you wanted to buy was 3 rifles and no more - feel free to tear up the old FAC - you didn't need it to OWN the firearms.

So yeah, give me a history lesson will you?

This is our society today...

G]
Old 10-10-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:

OK .......... hold on here a second ........... almost every law have reasonable provisions for summary offences under the same statutes.

YES- You CAN be charged, under a criminal offence, and spend up to 4 years in prison BUT - it's likely, in the scenario you suggested as above (where your PAL dates have lapsed) you will likely be charged with a summary offence and pay a $50 Fine.

The criminal gets the 4 years - as he should.

But you, who forgot to renew your PAL, gets a $50 dollar reminder.

Just like you can get a $50 speeding ticket as a summary offence OR you can get a court appearance and face criminal charges/suspensions for speeding if the offense is serious/dangerous enough.

I'm pretty sure we are not going to turn into a police state overnight and target the law abiding gun owners - because Trudeau is out to get you? are you suggesting that?
Old 10-10-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:

So, you would want a mechanism where a person can prove he/she is not restricted (as a criminal) from owning a firearm?

Kinda like what a PAL does right?

LOL
Old 10-10-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
And what has changed in the last 30+ years?

Propaganda machine - media, government, police, bleeding heart liberals - all wanting people to fear firearms. What used to be a semi-auto hunting rifle is now considered an assault weapon - just because it looks black and scary. The RCMP are not your friends when it comes to firearms.

When the FAC came into play back in the 70's, you only needed it to purchase firearms - not to own them. It was a pretty quick process, one page application police did a quick background check and you were good to go. Now they rip your life apart - and even after you get say an RPAL, they are pretty much doing consistent checks on you to make sure you're still a "valid individual". Under the FAC, if all you wanted to buy was 3 rifles and no more - feel free to tear up the old FAC - you didn't need it to OWN the firearms.

So yeah, give me a history lesson will you?

This is our society today...

G]
I feel sorry that you view living in Canada as an orphan begging for more food. As a Canadian and firearms owner I am generally happy with the society and system we have in place. If given the opportunity would I change a few things to both? Sure, but I can't see myself in government anytime soon.
When I applied for my PAL, I certainly didn't feel as though my life was ripped apart. And of course the CFC will be aware when your PAL expires, kinda like Costco knowing when your membership is due.
If you are involved in criminal activity, domestic dispute, or Mental Health incident then the CFO is notified by the responding agency and they will determine whether a license review is warranted. Sound like a reasonable and accountable system to me. I guess the CFC and CFO's could bury their heads in the sand and turn a blind eye to these types of things, but the public demands better.
You sound very angry at the system but do not own firearms, were once a firearms owner and had them taken away unjustly? Did you refuse to update your FAC to a PAL to boycott the change? What gives?
Old 10-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
I feel sorry that you view living in Canada as an orphan begging for more food. As a Canadian and firearms owner I am generally happy with the society and system we have in place. If given the opportunity would I change a few things to both? Sure, but I can't see myself in government anytime soon.
When I applied for my PAL, I certainly didn't feel as though my life was ripped apart. And of course the CFC will be aware when your PAL expires, kinda like Costco knowing when your membership is due.
If you are involved in criminal activity, domestic dispute, or Mental Health incident then the CFO is notified by the responding agency and they will determine whether a license review is warranted. Sound like a reasonable and accountable system to me. I guess the CFC and CFO's could bury their heads in the sand and turn a blind eye to these types of things, but the public demands better.
You sound very angry at the system but do not own firearms, were once a firearms owner and had them taken away unjustly? Did you refuse to update your FAC to a PAL to boycott the change? What gives?
personally, I'm getting fed up with everything - so consider it a boycott. I love shooting but it seems nobody else cares, happy to go along. Don't rock the boat cause it might get worse. The only actual "rights" you have left in this country is the right to believe in a god and the right to speak french. Oh, and you have the right to complain about government, that's something everyone is good at. That is all, everything else has been stripped in the name of fear and public safety - everything is permission based. Think the Charter of rights and freedom allows protection? It doesn't, you don't have inalienable rights in Canada. If anyone breaches your charter rights, there is no tribunal or commission to help you - your only real option is court. Where there is no remedy, there is no right.

I don't bother with concerts or other public venues anymore due to the idea of "implied consent". Everyone wants to search you in the name of public safety, and it's amazing how many people believe they have authority over me. I don't go to bars anymore that scan drivers licenses but yet, people lap it up. If everyone that is concerned about privacy would simply boycott - then much of this will stop. But no, people are scared sheep. Boycott won't work with firearms, if you boycott then gov't and police would likely be very happy to take your firearms wouldn't they.

You can thank your political God Stephen Harper for most of this - but nobody wants to read the news or get into the background of it. You can thank Harper for having Trudeau at the helm of this country now cause he was arrogant enough to believe that he would get another majority when most of the country was sick of him.

I'm 46 years old, and this isn't the Canada I remember. I really want to puke in my mouth whenever I hear anyone say that our forefathers fought for the freedom we have today. We are not free as a nation anymore. 30 million adults in Canada controlled by what, 500 politicians? If my great grandfather (fought and injured in the battle of the Somme) crawled out of the grave tomorrow, he'd likely go on a shooting spree for giving up what we have.

I didn't grow up in a scared society, but I've watched helplessly as it evolved. And it's only going to get worse. It breaks my heart to see what happened to a once proud Canada - true North strong and free indeed.

But, if you want to protest any of this, feel free to apply for a permit.

Last edited by silverdoctor; 10-10-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
personally, I'm getting fed up with everything - so consider it a boycott. I love shooting but it seems nobody else cares, happy to go along. Don't rock the boat cause it might get worse. The only actual "rights" you have left in this country is the right to believe in a god and the right to speak french. Oh, and you have the right to complain about government, that's something everyone is good at. That is all, everything else has been stripped in the name of fear and public safety - everything is permission based. Think the Charter of rights and freedom allows protection? It doesn't, you don't have inalienable rights in Canada. If anyone breaches your charter rights, there is no tribunal or commission to help you - your only real option is court. Where there is no remedy, there is no right.

I don't bother with concerts or other public venues anymore due to the idea of "implied consent". Everyone wants to search you in the name of public safety, and it's amazing how many people believe they have authority over me. I don't go to bars anymore that scan drivers licenses but yet, people lap it up. If everyone that is concerned about privacy would simply boycott - then much of this will stop. But no, people are scared sheep. Boycott won't work with firearms, if you boycott then gov't and police would likely be very happy to take your firearms wouldn't they.

You can thank your political God Stephen Harper for most of this - but nobody wants to read the news or get into the background of it. You can thank Harper for having Trudeau at the helm of this country now cause he was arrogant enough to believe that he would get another majority when most of the country was sick of him.

I'm 46 years old, and this isn't the Canada I remember. I really want to puke in my mouth whenever I hear anyone say that our forefathers fought for the freedom we have today. We are not free as a nation anymore. 30 million adults in Canada controlled by what, 500 politicians? If my great grandfather (fought and injured in the battle of the Somme) crawled out of the grave tomorrow, he'd likely go on a shooting spree for giving up what we have.

I didn't grow up in a scared society, but I've watched helplessly as it evolved. And it's only going to get worse. It breaks my heart to see what happened to a once proud Canada - true North strong and free indeed.

Wow! It sure must suck to be you? But fret no more. There is light at the end of the tunnel Thanks to Trudeau, pot will soon be legal and you can stay at home and smoke away your troubles
Old 10-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Wow! It sure must suck to be you? But fret no more. There is light at the end of the tunnel Thanks to Trudeau, pot will soon be legal and you can stay at home and smoke away your troubles
And thanks to Harper, you're soon going to face more restrictions on firearms. Enjoy it cause you won't do anything about it but complain.

And yes, I will be glad when weed is legalized, going to allow for research into medical treatments and cures. Israel is currently leading the way on weed research, verifying that it treats a wide variety of illness and disease with no serious side effects - but I wouldn't expect ignorant people to know that.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
And thanks to Harper, you're soon going to face more restrictions on firearms. Enjoy it cause you won't do anything about it but complain.

And yes, I will be glad when weed is legalized, going to allow for research into medical treatments and cures. Israel is currently leading the way on weed research, verifying that it treats a wide variety of illness and disease - but I wouldn't expect ignorant people to know that.
Harper is retired last I looked.
Cat
Old 10-10-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:

Silverdoctor it is not as gloomy as you think nor is this country as bad as you think.
That said I hope you have a great day.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Harper is retired last I looked.
Cat
I'm thankful for small miracles. His legacy is going to affect this country for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Silverdoctor it is not as gloomy as you think nor is this country as bad as you think.
That said I hope you have a great day.
Methinks people need to do some reading and research.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:10 PM

Silver,

I was shocked to read what you wrote there bud. I am truly sorry you feel that way, and take some comfort in knowing many of us will not agree with you, and think you are wrong.

It's really not that bad here in Canada. And like what Brendan's Dad said, I also agree with the PAL system, and the laws as they are today. Are they perfect? .... no ..... but they are pretty good.

I do hear what you are saying about endless regulations and restrictions - but that much different than manipulation and control. There may be a need for caution and careful deliberation but there is NO need for Fear or paranoia.

I don't care if the "government" knows what firearms I own, where I might have a beer, or even who I'm talking to ..... it just isn't that interesting ..... lol. As a law abiding citizen, I could care less, they can watch me get up, go to work, spy on me to see what's for lunch, tap my calls and listen to me complain about uninteresting stuff.

I realise that I'm making light of it, but truly I hope it will restore your faith in all of US who ELECT our officials and have a CHOICE of who we support.

Hang in there.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=silverdoctor;3640923]And thanks to Harper, you're soon going to face more restrictions on firearms. Enjoy it cause you won't do anything about it but complain.
QUOTE]

No! It is the younger generation like yourself that seems to be doing most complaining.

But seriously

Try some of that medicinal stuff! It may help take away some of your pain.
Your back pain or that burr up your butt or whatever ails you.

Whatever you think Canada has become, the good, bad or ugly? There is no place I would rather live than Alberta Canada.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
So, you would want a mechanism where a person can prove he/she is not restricted (as a criminal) from owning a firearm?

Kinda like what a PAL does right?

LOL
How about an instant background check? Like the US?
Old 10-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:

Good speech.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Silver,

I realise that I'm making light of it, but truly I hope it will restore your faith in all of US who ELECT our officials and have a CHOICE of who we support.

Hang in there.
I'm not going to comment on the rest. I haven't voted since I was 18, and have no political association, PC, NDP or Liberal. Every one of them is out for themselves, not you. Been ripped a new arse from many cause I don't get out and vote - "you don't have the right to complain!". What a laugh.

But when the only choice you have in this country is to pick one arsehole or the other to vote for - and then thump your chest over it. Sorry, but that's pretty sad.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=covey ridge;3640979]
Quote:
QUOTE]

No! It is the younger generation like yourself that seems to be doing most complaining.

But seriously

Try some of that medicinal stuff! It may help take away some of your pain.
Your back pain or that burr up your butt or whatever ails you.

Whatever you think Canada has become, the good, bad or ugly? There is no place I would rather live than Alberta Canada.
The older generation - I assume you from what you posted - have no idea about technology and no concern over it. Barely able to turn on a PC, let alone know the dangers of what you use. I'd urge you to research it, but you won't. I guess when I reach the age of decrepitude, i"ll feel the same way about the younger generation.

And by the way, for those of you who PM'd me, instead of agreeing with me in the shadows of PM, step forward and discuss. Don't be afraid.