Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-21-2012, 10:27 AM

Default jiffy 30 carb adjustment??

Thought I would try finding the answer to this problem on the fishing forum as I received no replies on General. This new jiffy starts well but will not idle. Where are the carb adjustment screws on this model and\or how does one adjust it? Thanks. BEL
Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 AM

Pulled this off the web, should get you started.

Carb adjustments for Jiffy model 30 engine.

pop the red caps off.

Close both jets GENTLY

Open the Low speed 1/4 turn

Open High speed jet 1 1/4 turn

Start engine.

Adjust low speed until idling smoothly.

Open her up wide open.

Adjust High speed until engine transitions smoothly from idle to high speed without bogging.

Shut engine off. Let it cool.

Once engine is cold. Fire it up and let it idle for 30 secs. Open it up wide open again. Adjust if necassary.

The trick with the Jiffy's is to tune them during cold (ice fishing) weather.

Low speed screw,the one on the left.

High speed on the right.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:12 AM

thanks for replying Piker. I surfed yesterday trying to find something but could not find anything close enough. What is the website? i don't see any red caps so I need to see more info. I already took the cover off the carb where the choke is located and see very little "parts" which can be adjusted. The screws and nuts I found are related to securing parts to the main part of the auger. Thanks again. BEL
Old 01-21-2012, 12:11 PM

I would recommend to any Jiffy (Tecumseh motor models) owner to buy a Tecumseh tune up manual from your local dealer or repair shop, mine has paid for itself easily! I also bought a repair manual which has also paid huge dividends since my older Model 30 was one of those "Friday afternoon specials" lol. I had to rebuild mine twice but now she runs like a finely tuned race car. Strangely I didn't mind since I'm a bit of a motor head but if I wasn't I would have thrown it in the dumpster haha.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikester View Post
I would recommend to any Jiffy (Tecumseh motor models) owner to buy a Tecumseh tune up manual from your local dealer or repair shop, mine has paid for itself easily! I also bought a repair manual which has also paid huge dividends since my older Model 30 was one of those "Friday afternoon specials" lol. I had to rebuild mine twice but now she runs like a finely tuned race car. Strangely I didn't mind since I'm a bit of a motor head but if I wasn't I would have thrown it in the dumpster haha.
sage advice, other than the dumpser part.lol knowledge is half the battle.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:44 PM

My Jiffy auger always make me dream, wouldn't it be nice if this was a honda.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL View Post
thanks for replying Piker. I surfed yesterday trying to find something but could not find anything close enough. What is the website? i don't see any red caps so I need to see more info. I already took the cover off the carb where the choke is located and see very little "parts" which can be adjusted. The screws and nuts I found are related to securing parts to the main part of the auger. Thanks again. BEL
It was just pulled off a ice fishing sight there was no further instructions. I think the red caps they are refering to are just little plugs in the screw holes. There should be two sloted screws on the carb., upper and lower. I haven't had mine for about 15 yrs but a carb is a carb.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 PM

There, there's a manual.
http://www.jiffyonice.com/EComStore/...riesManual.pdf