Your Optometrist in Edmonton

Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2012, 06:44 AM
ekimprox ekimprox is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 90
Default Thomas Mulcair simply hates the west and the US

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews...17-085603.html

If he ever becomes PM, we're screwed.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-17-2012, 07:05 AM
catnthehat's Avatar
catnthehat catnthehat is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ft. McMurray
Posts: 22,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimprox View Post
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews...17-085603.html

If he ever becomes PM, we're screwed.
Well, Thomas Mulcair hates the west?
No big surprise there, I don't have anything against the east, but i sure don't like his self righteous arse!
Cat
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Yéil's Avatar
Yéil Yéil is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wainwright
Posts: 808
Default

Coming from a place in Canada where we're forgotten about like a tow-headed step child, makes me laugh when politicians from the east get on their rocking horse trying to whip up old east/west rivals. They never cease to amaze me how they can ignore the north/south rivalry.

Mulcair is a snot-nosed, granola munching, eastern urbanite that has no clue where the rest of Canada actually is. His Canada ends at the junction of hwys 401 and 40 and hwys 185 and 2. If he's after alienation of the rest of Canada, he's doing a fine job so far.
__________________
Cern may have the Higgs Boson, but I prefer my find of the Hugs Bison
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2012, 07:10 AM
duffy4 duffy4 is offline
Gone Hunting
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rocky Mountain House
Posts: 5,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimprox View Post
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews...17-085603.html

If he ever becomes PM, we're screwed.

That was not my idea of "reporting the news". It was one writers opinionated opinion.

If you share the opinion you will like the article. If you like to find out what is going on in the world (the NEWS) then you must take the bit with a bit of salt.
__________________
Robin,

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30


...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Okotokian's Avatar
Okotokian Okotokian is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Uh, guess? :)
Posts: 18,163
Default

Love his argument... "The Oilsands are driving up the Canadian dollar and hurting manufacturing and destroying jobs".

Translation: "Money and jobs are being made in the west, which is driving up our dollar. We must destroy those jobs so we can create lower paying jobs back east, where our supporters are." Simple as that.

I'm dismayed by such messages yet encouraged that they will actually erode his electability.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2012, 07:29 AM
Rocky7's Avatar
Rocky7 Rocky7 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 5,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I'm dismayed by such messages yet encouraged that they will actually erode his electability.
Not in QC and ON, it won't. Not in Maritimes, either, I don't think.

He knows what he's doing. Dion's "Green Shift" was about shifting green from AB to the East. It was real popular down there.

Personally, I think we need a divorce.
__________________
"If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'" - J.W.
God made man. Sam Colt made them equal.
Make Alberta a better place. Have your liberal spayed or neutered.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2012, 08:35 AM
BlackHeart's Avatar
BlackHeart BlackHeart is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,130
Default

And in that divorce, we are taking what we brought in and the gravy train to the east is finished.

If they think they are loosing jobs now, wait till the West separates and slaps a "Stupid Eastner" payroll taxes on foreign workers from Ontario....that's if we even allow them to work in Alberta.

And I am sure we can send our business (pipe, metal, etc) to the USA....I am sure they would appreciate it versus resent us due to jealousy.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Yéil's Avatar
Yéil Yéil is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wainwright
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
And in that divorce, we are taking what we brought in and the gravy train to the east is finished.

If they think they are loosing jobs now, wait till the West separates and slaps a "Stupid Eastner" payroll taxes on foreign workers from Ontario....that's if we even allow them to work in Alberta.

And I am sure we can send our business (pipe, metal, etc) to the USA....I am sure they would appreciate it versus resent us due to jealousy.
Perhaps what we need to do is create a permit to work in this province as Quebec has.

http://www.adat.ca/adat/index-en.php...cle=1997-01-06

Agreement between Quebec and Ontario.
The Commission de la construction du Quebec (CCQ) has an agreement with the province of Ontario for members who want to work in the Quebec construction industry. They need two proofs of Ontario residency, at least 750 hours of work in construction in Ontario (to be exempt of the Quebec safety course) and pay a fee of $110 to obtain a Quebec construction permit without a regular pool opening.

Perhaps that's why Mulcair is huffing and puffing.. Quebec is losing out on 110bucks for every construction worker that heads out here.
__________________
Cern may have the Higgs Boson, but I prefer my find of the Hugs Bison
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Bigwoodsman Bigwoodsman is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yéil View Post
Coming from a place in Canada where we're forgotten about like a tow-headed step child, makes me laugh when politicians from the east get on their rocking horse trying to whip up old east/west rivals. They never cease to amaze me how they can ignore the north/south rivalry.

Mulcair is a snot-nosed, granola munching, eastern urbanite that has no clue where the rest of Canada actually is. His Canada ends at the junction of hwys 401 and 40 and hwys 185 and 2. If he's after alienation of the rest of Canada, he's doing a fine job so far.
You are absolutely correct, this guy will make the NDP a one term opposition party in Canada. Unfortunaltely, he will be the cause for the return of liberals. If the Harper government stays the course they will remain a majority government for many years. Opposition like Thomas Mulcair, will ensure that.
I'm not a fan of the NDP but this party died with the passing of Jack Layton. Thomas Mulcair will never be the leader that Jack was.

BW
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Rocky7's Avatar
Rocky7 Rocky7 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 5,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
And in that divorce, we are taking what we brought in and the gravy train to the east is finished.
Absolutely.

Any grief whatsoever and we start talking about the $18/bbl floor price that was promised to AB by the feds when we agreed to go along with the NEP. It was never paid. That bill's north of $100B now, with prime interest.
__________________
"If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'" - J.W.
God made man. Sam Colt made them equal.
Make Alberta a better place. Have your liberal spayed or neutered.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-17-2012, 06:59 PM
hal53's Avatar
hal53 hal53 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lougheed,Ab.
Posts: 9,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Absolutely.

Any grief whatsoever and we start talking about the $18/bbl floor price that was promised to AB by the feds when we agreed to go along with the NEP. It was never paid. That bill's north of $100B now, with prime interest.
They never paid that???...really, the Libs!!!???... hard to believe as they ponied up for Adscam immediately...er
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Gust Gust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,428
Default

Rex murphy just did a good bit on the deluded oposition guy. I wonder if la belle province would have voted the twit party in had he aired his laundry earlier. I think he thinks he is the leader of canada in some paralell universe.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-17-2012, 08:27 PM
moose maniac moose maniac is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Not in QC and ON, it won't. Not in Maritimes, either, I don't think.

He knows what he's doing. Dion's "Green Shift" was about shifting green from AB to the East. It was real popular down there.

Personally, I think we need a divorce.
I am with you there rocky sooner than later
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Rocky7's Avatar
Rocky7 Rocky7 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 5,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
Rex murphy just did a good bit on the deluded oposition guy. I wonder if la belle province would have voted the twit party in had he aired his laundry earlier.
Are you kidding?

This is the Province that just knuckled under to a bunch of thugs wearing masks who rioted, vandalized property and recently broke into university classes to terrorize students who thought they'd actually paid a tuition to do some learning.

This is the Province that AB subsidizes so that it can offer subsidized university tuition that is about 1/2 what our own Albertan students pay here to attend universities in Alberta.

This is the Province that offers their subsidized tuition rates to students from France but not students from Alberta.

It is the land of loudmouth takers with an attitude. None of them would last a week in AB before they were tuned in.

Quote:
I think he thinks he is the leader of canada in some paralell universe.
Right. It's called Quebec. And we pay their bills - how upside down is that?
__________________
"If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'" - J.W.
God made man. Sam Colt made them equal.
Make Alberta a better place. Have your liberal spayed or neutered.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:35 PM
justsomeguy justsomeguy is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Okotoks
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Not in QC and ON, it won't. Not in Maritimes, either, I don't think.

He knows what he's doing. Dion's "Green Shift" was about shifting green from AB to the East. It was real popular down there.

Personally, I think we need a divorce.
Bingo....I always joke if I wanted to be PM I'd run a campaign that it's AB's fault for the problems and we need to nationalized the oil sands.

I would not get a seat West of Winnipeg but who cares, I'd sweep the East and be PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Gust Gust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Are you kidding?

This is the Province that just knuckled under to a bunch of thugs wearing masks who rioted, vandalized property and recently broke into university classes to terrorize students who thought they'd actually paid a tuition to do some learning.

This is the Province that AB subsidizes so that it can offer subsidized university tuition that is about 1/2 what our own Albertan students pay here to attend universities in Alberta.

This is the Province that offers their subsidized tuition rates to students from France but not students from Alberta.

It is the land of loudmouth takers with an attitude. None of them would last a week in AB before they were tuned in.



Right. It's called Quebec. And we pay their bills - how upside down is that?
Think about it... If you were a quebeccer, would you want a loose cannon ruining your gravy train?? And we albertans are more than aware transfer payments and such.

In regards to student protests, I thought your stand was standing up for ones rights amd not being dictated to. when you write of divorcing from quebec, do you mean alberta seperating? Just curious.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Big Daddy Badger Big Daddy Badger is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 12,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Love his argument... "The Oilsands are driving up the Canadian dollar and hurting manufacturing and destroying jobs".

Translation: "Money and jobs are being made in the west, which is driving up our dollar. We must destroy those jobs so we can create lower paying jobs back east, where our supporters are." Simple as that.

I'm dismayed by such messages yet encouraged that they will actually erode his electability.
Never bothered them when the shoe was on the other foot.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.