Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Banned

Default .............

Here is the current outfitter-guide policy that has been provided by ERSD.

The policy as above provides yearly reviews and reductions in outfitter quotas when needed. It is my opinion that it is needed now and so I went through the process, did the calculations as i interpreted them and put together another letter.

I have attached the policy and my newest letter. Please feel free to use any part of my letter if you choose and forward it to whomever.

Thanks to all that have provided me with the information and the graphs.

New one with correction. Thanks

Last edited by Deer Hunter; 02-13-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:03 PM

Default alocations

The work that has gone into this if impectable. i don't understand how it can't be viewed as the most important post on here? we all whine and bitch about the outfitters, when we don't get a draw, but all most people do is whine. you have done a great job on this. have aany of our hunting leaders responed to you? fish and game assoc. what have they done in the past few years? ABA? Wow they stopped the crossbows, because their leader hunts with a recurve? most of these presidents have friends who are outfitters, and don't want no part of this. I could really use your expertise in getting the black bear baiting season opened in northern 526 again, as non of the above would help.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:21 PM

Awesome work deer hunter,now I feel like a lazy bum cause all I do is whine like others on this subject it's great to know we residents have you on our side thank you very much
Old 02-09-2013, 10:26 PM

Thank You Deer Hunter for all the work you have put into this. I wrote Jim Allen this week to voice my concern about the allocations, specifically the percentages being alloted to outfitters (10%). He replied within a day and said he would put it into the discussion. I think the more letters we can get written the more consideration we'll get, to that end I will be contacting every person on your list with a follow up email and a copy of your letter.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 AM

Very very good I would like to attach a copy of this to my next letter to srd if you would allow.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 AM

Impressive work! Thanks.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat cat View Post
have aany of our hunting leaders responed to you? fish and game assoc. what have they done in the past few years? ABA? ........ most of these presidents have friends who are outfitters, and don't want no part of this. I could really use your expertise in getting the black bear baiting season opened in northern 526 again, as non of the above would help.
I have sent three letters directly to multiple people on the AFGA and have yet to get a response. I have heard that they have just received the outfitter allocation numbers from the 2008-2012 term last week and are digesting the details... Timely!

The ABA is quick to respond back to me which is nice to see. Hopefully at least we are creating awareness.

Unfortunately the outfitters appear to have better representation and organization on this topic than resident joe hunter. The Ouftitter Policy is black and white and needs to be followed. I am cautiously optimistic that SRD will follow their own rules. But i am hesitant as to who is really doing the math and standing up for resident rights. Clearly, based on the disproportionate amount of outfitter allocations, no one has been on top of this in the past few years.

Again, send my letter out to whom ever as resident awareness seems to be all that it is accomplishing.

Thanks again for all of your letters.