Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheels81 View Post
You want functional?

Card wallets for safety certs are nice
Nomex hard hat liners in the fall
Intrinsically safe Streamlights
Styrofoam cooler full of Gatorade on a hot summer day for the service rig guys that you leave on site for them with your company name stenciled on the side/top
30'x3" vehicle tow straps with a company logo stenciled on it
The list go's on...

For corporate schwag I have done some really nice golf bags with a very small logo on a pocket flap so it's not obvious there for it actually will be used and not make the new owner feel embarrassed to be seen with it in public

A free lunch for office staff (Chinese/pizza/Italian), boxes of steaks, bottles/cases of wine...

The company I'm currently with even sponsors my mud bogger so we can get 1 on 1 with local operators and service staff who are into mud races...

Have to ask you racing this summer?? and where? sorry for the interupt of the thread
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 PM

I run anywhere in a 200km radius of Valleyview
Had a late start into the game last year as I had to build a truck from scratch in 4 days...
Took 2nd place in donnley 250 class and 2nd at the sturgeon lake fund raiser in the fall... Don't ask about horse lake... I had a dead hole for day 1 100&250 so that killed my chances at a top 5 finish... This year tho I have a few tricks up my sleeve...

Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM

Love your mugs, stole em from my father in law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Quality Baseball Caps - Flex Fit. Have your company name embroidered on the back of the hat, logo on the front.

Tally Books, without dates or calenders - they won't expire.

Quality golf shirts - Talk to a distributor like Imagewear - Marks Work Warehouse. They carry Nike, Ogio, Adidas, etc. Pick out some quality DriFit Nike shirts, embroider the company name on the arm, not left chest.

Lanyards

Everyone has oodles of graft of the:

Pens
Sunglasses clips
Golf ball divot repair tools
Coffee mugs

Spending your budget on items which will just be given away is a waste.

Giving promotional items to guys who get plenty of promotional items is tricky, you must give them something they are excited to receive. Stick with quality instead of quantity - it's easy to correlate your own companies services as synonymous with quality if you are giving items away which are quality items themselves.

Where as, with a smartly spent graft budget - people open their eyes when they see the company name, because most graft is cheap and basically disposable. This year we bought Ralph Lauren Crystal highball glasses and had our company logo etched into the bottom. Everyone who received them is pleased. Plus our logo isn't plastered across the side like bus stop graffiti.

You want the target recipient to keep and use the item, because every time they do - your company name is there to remind them that quality is a part of your business.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 PM

Actually had a customer pass me a pen in December I was really happy to receive: stylus end on the tip for touch screens, led flashlight on the other, and a nice replaceable gel pen on the inside.

I haven't been able to prove it, but I'm pretty sure my wife's stolen it.

If you give a pen, at least make it a good one.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 PM

My fav graft received has got to be good quality pull over hoodies, just remove the string to make the safety dude happy. I wear them ALL winter long.

I have tons of hats, pens, paperpads, flashlights. But think the ultimate gift would be the "Mini California Duster" ...they are a god send for dusty oilfield trucks, and can clean up a truck interior within a minute or two. Dont buy the cheap imitation one's as they dont work as good. I let a few oilfield op's use mine that have never seen one before and they were all impressed by how good they work...i think they all have their own now.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:32 PM

I try not to give out anything that needs to be sized. People tell you that they are a XL and they are a medium or vice versa. You have to carry a ton of stuff out that way.

I do very high quality things that cost alot more, but get alot more milage out of them.

I have been asked for fishing trips and alot of other high ticket items. I am not sure exactly how much money people think that we make make as a service company, but I assure you that having you sign a 25K ticket does not entitle you to a weekend in the Queen Charlottes. The worst part is that it makes me look like a cheap skate because of it.

I love to work for the guys who ask for nothing more than being on time, an honest ticket and a good days work.

Those are the people I will bend over backwards to please.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 PM

Nice poker set, wooden box with brass company logo on the front. Got one 5 years ago and still going strong. It's the gift that keeps giving if you have the right guys to play with...lol
Old 02-21-2013, 09:41 PM

nice fly reel with logo on it would be ok
Old 02-21-2013, 09:42 PM

Going to sound silly but plain old Tummies! If you're doing a job that's nasty or a pita for the crew show some gratitude and bring them a coffee break.....it's amazing what a guy making $200k a year will do to help for a buck cup of coffee, afew minutes chat and a heartfelt thanks.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 PM

FR hoodie with tear away hood
a good hat that isn't ugly and is a flex fit, nothing adjustable
a card holder
sleeves of drinking cups
interesting stickers for lids
jerky

for other stuff hockey tickets and lunch is nice. something cheap shows you aren't trying and something too big shows you likely suck and gotta buy the stamp with the AFE on it.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 PM

Our company gives out gloves. Green kings for the guys on the rig and leathers to pushes and consultants. They seem to go over well. We used to do hats but not as good of a bang for your buck.

My dad was a Hustling oilfield salesman back in the day. I have heard stories from guys he did business with that dad would walk into their shack, introduce himself, toss a gram of coke on the desk and tell the guy what hotel and room his hooker was in. "The good old days" ... I guess. Glad it's not like that anymore for the most part, I wouldn't last 5 minutes
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
My fav graft received has got to be good quality pull over hoodies, just remove the string to make the safety dude happy. I wear them ALL winter long.

I have tons of hats, pens, paperpads, flashlights. But think the ultimate gift would be the "Mini California Duster" ...they are a god send for dusty oilfield trucks, and can clean up a truck interior within a minute or two. Dont buy the cheap imitation one's as they dont work as good. I let a few oilfield op's use mine that have never seen one before and they were all impressed by how good they work...i think they all have their own now.
x2 on the california duster .... should be manditory in all vehicle's !!!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:11 AM

Booze
The biggar the jar the better
Nobody wants to say it but they all want it
Old 02-22-2013, 06:20 AM

I'm on my first shift up north with this company and we just got Swiss Gear duffel bags. They have wheels and a collapsible handle so they work as luggage quite nicely. Price tag said $60 which was surprisingly cheap but still more expensive than anything else I've got. We were pretty impressed
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 AM

Here are items I have got the most mileage out of...

Insulated cooler / lunch bags looks like small golf bag
Mechanic style gloves
Caps
Carpenter / Hoodie style jackets
Track pants

Items that I felt were flops...

Pens, everyone has one style they like, hard to fit all here
Jackets, I have a dozen new ones I never wear and will NOT accept anymore
Coffee mugs, again, I got my favorite one on my desk, other collect dust
Flash drives, poker sets, BBQ sets, flash lights, these items sit at home.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:33 AM

For sure no hats..

A 50 dollar gift cert. To say bass pro shop would be nice...
Old 02-22-2013, 09:56 AM

If it's a good client you'd be better off customizing something small that relates to their interests. My wife has a vendor that knows she likes horses and gets her horse themed trinkets that are 10x better then just little nothing trinkets no one remembers.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 AM

This year we have solar re-chargers that will power up handheld devices up to an iPad (iPad is pretty slow though). They are by far the best promo item we have had.

Cheers.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:47 PM

Smile

I started in the patch in 1988, my have times changed. Some of the companies that understand customer relations still bring out nice jackets, go for lunch, actually have a relationship with the customer other than just graff. On the other end of the stick are the companies that do nothing, just cash the cheque, never come around just expect the work to keep coming.
Quality is the key, no one wants cheap items that you will never use, save your money and buy some donuts
Old 02-22-2013, 03:04 PM

We do up really nice bath towels with the company logo on them, seem to be a lot of guys that love them.

Others that we have had good luck with...

Good coffee mugs
Hoodies/polar fleece jackets
Good sleeping bags
Spice sets
Custom BBQ sauces
Steak/sausage/jerky
Old 02-22-2013, 03:46 PM

Default Graff

We did a gift set of a butcher style and cheese knife from Cutco. The large knife had our company name and logo engraved on it. We bought enough that I got a couple of hnting knives as a "thank you" and they only cost me the tax!

Geo
Old 02-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Banned

Funny this thread is going on right now.

I just booked 9 guys from a Oil Field rental company. It will be the Sales manager and 8 clients.

In talks with him, this has been ongoing since they started. The return for the rental company is out of this world.

He is going to give our place a try due to the privacy of having the Lodge to themselfs and not shareing with 40 other people.

Jamie
Old 02-22-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfriver View Post
Booze
The biggar the jar the better
Nobody wants to say it but they all want it
Buddy told me in the old days, way for a salesman make a hit with the Driller was bring a case of shotgun shells. Sister worked for a high end head hunting outfit. They had some real nice picnic utensil sets, complete with wine glasses, that fit in a backpack.

Grizz
Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Banned

Thanks for the help
Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 PM

It's simple. Using fishing trips as loyalty or incentive programs will help you establish stronger and deeper relationships with your key clients and employees.

Why Fishing Works so well for this type of gift.

Imagine just walking up to the dock as the sun is rising over the vast barren land. Awaiting your arrival are the guides and their ready and excited to show you an incredible day on the water.

Departing, you accelerate, and within seconds, you are heading off to the best lake trout fishing grounds in the world. The guide takes you to THE spot and strategically position the boat for the first pass. You see a big one roll on the surface.... you know they're there!

Then it happens, the gentle tap, tap, pull on the rod, you set the hook! In amazement, you feel an incredible amount of weight, and then the line starts cutting to the surface...the guide points and yells..."it's coming up, it's coming out!" Right then, the most incredible display of brute force and raw power as an 3 ft, 30 lb lake trout EXPLODES from the water less than 15ft off the boat. A classic battle ensues. After a thrilling 45 minutes, you land your trophy of a lifetime. Success! The cameras start clicking and its smiles and high fives all around! You tell yourself, this is AMAZING.... The trip of a lifetime. You know that you will never forget it!

What would happen if you shared this experience with a client or employee?

Fishing provides more "face time" with individuals and begs a captive audience. Your time spent on the water allows time to connect with and learn more about each other. This is where the deep bonds are built that create the reasons for just doing the extra mile.

Current market trends validate that people are in search of meaningful experiences over physical possessions. Aylmer Lake Lodge,NWT has recognized this increasing trend and we have made it our objective to create an adventure experience unparalleled by any other.

We understand that spending time with your guests is of utmost importance. To that end, we take care of all the trip details while you are with us your role is taking care of your face time with your people.

Loyalty programs and Incentive Programs Increase Your Bottom Line.

An incentive program is a strategic strategy used to promote or encourage specific actions that can attract and retain your employees and clients if used effectively.

Once your company has mastered the art of understanding the drivers for your employees and clients it is simple to recognize the importance of creating a relationship-oriented culture with an incentive or loyalty program that offers great value.
Give your clients or employees a Barren-Land Adventure Experience They Will Never Forget, you gain a Return on Your Investment, and you increase your network of people committed to you, a triple win.

A Barren-Land fishing adventure with Aylmer Lake Lodge, NWT has an indescribable value to your key clients and employees that can significantly outweigh the cost. You create memories and speak to your people at an emotional level of incredible fishing, on vast water that has seen no fishing pressure in a pristine untouched location that few get to experience Cash and merchandise are great, but they do not provide a significant impact, and appreciation of these incentives quickly fade and are forgotten.

Employees don't want to brag about the big cheque they got and your clients probably won't talk about that round of golf you played last Wednesday for long. However, they are eager to display trophy fishing awards and photos for others to see. They will find themselves easily prompted (or not prompted at all!) to recall highlights of an unforgettable fishing experience. Who can resist the tale of "the one that got away", or in your case, the one you landed?

Aylmer Lake Lodge leads the way in providing a venue for businesses to provide an incentive for your key client and employee loyalty and incentive programs.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 PM

I look after the promo for my organization, and we do a bunch of different things.

Biggest surprise of the year by far, old school money clips. I would never have thought, but guys seem to love them.
Had great feedback from petzal headlamps, digital camo hats are great right now, I do a cut crystal decanter set with 4 glasses, high quality knives and multitools. Advise . . . . But half as many and spend twice as much on each. One piece of junk does far more harm than 10 good experiences.
For high end items, fly in fishing. Selfish on my part, yes. But what else can you take a person to do where he is trapped in a boat with you for 8 hours? Captive audience, and money well spent.
Oh, and another great one, high end first aid kits. I know all companies mandate to their own specs, but they go over very well just the same.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Gone Hunting

I personally don't want your coffee mugs, hats, key fobs, pens, fishing trips, hockey tickets , jackets or anything. All, I ask, if I say 0730, be there at 0720, do a professional job, don't pad the ticket ( i will do that myself if I choose), and go home safe.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM

Len Thompson will make custom spoons with company logo. They were a hit where I work.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheels81 View Post
A free lunch for office staff (Chinese/pizza/Italian), boxes of steaks, bottles/cases of wine...
Great advice! If you are on the chemical side of the business keep the lab staff in mind. We would bust our azzes off for the sales guys to get the accounts and we would get SFA.

It was always nice to be remembered (and appreciated) for our contribution. My favorite was a case of wine delivered to be split among us lab girls.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 PM

Angry graft

All the good stuff goes to Calgary because thats where alot of the work is dictated from