Target Shooting Questions
I built my target stand a few months ago and bought a black hole target.
I hope to hunt deer when I become proficient enough - a few questions:
1. At what height would you want the center of the target to be at?
2. I have been practising at 20, 30 and 40 yards - I have heard you shouldn't try shooting outside that...is that correct?
3. At about 30 yards my 6 arrow groups average 5" to 10" in diameter, typically with 4 or 5 of the six in the 5" to 6" range with one or two bad ones putting me at the 8" to 10" range - what should I be setting as my goal to feel comfortable hitting the field to hunt?
4. To avoid arrow damage - should I be shooting 3 arrow groups?
5. I am practicing with my field tips - do any of you have any concerns practicing with your broadheads (i have NAP Spitfires) I have heard they fly extremely close to my field tips - not sure if I should trust that or not?
6. I have a double bull matrix blind, does anyone practice from their blind? Should I be concerned about putting a lot of holes in my mesh/screen?
I am shooting a Diamond Black Ice, set up at 58# - About 20 years ago I had an old browning Cammaster - this new Bow seems to shoot like a dream, quiet and very smooth...technology sure has come a long way!
Thanks for any input - I never thought I would enjoy target shooting so much.