Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-14-2006, 04:43 PM
big ski

Default New to the Forum and the area.

Hey guys, I'm soon going to be moving to Alberta, from Ontario. Probably to Calgary. I'm an avid fisherman, and was just wondering what that fishing was like in your neck of the woods?? if anyone has some spare time, and wouldn't mind filling me on some things I'd really appreciate it.. I can be contacted at big_ski01@yahoo.ca

Thanks a lot guys,

Tight Lines.

Ski.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Boilerhawg

Your best bet is to get an Alberta map (and if possible, grab a copy of Barry Mitchell's guide)and keep following this and other AB fishing boards. Familiarize yourself with the waters in the area you'll be moving to and pay attention to posts about those waters. Copy n paste tips, directions etc. to refer back to. By the time you get here, you'll have an idea where to start.

hope this helps
Old 12-15-2006, 03:34 AM
Moults

Default AB

If you're used to fishin in Ontario, I'd say you're in for a bit of a challenge! Don't get me wrong, the fishin out here can be rewarding, but there's just WAY fewer places to do it compared to Ontario, and a little homework helps.

Definately pick up Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide and check out the www.gowalleye.com for southern AB reservoir info. The fishin' alberta message board's a good spot too.

If you're a fly fisherman, you've definately come to right place!

See you out there!

Moults
Old 12-15-2006, 06:33 AM
bigbore

Default Re: AB

hey welcome to the forum, and alberta, your gona notice its alot drier here and alot less misquitos!!! Sorry to disapoint, but we got no bass, except Island Lake near Hanmore, but even thats iffy. No catfish or Musky either. If i could move to Lake Of The Woods, I would
Old 12-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Mudder Man

Welcome Big Ski

If you want too catch loads of fish @ the end of Feb & first part of March and dont mind to drive a few hrs give me a shout.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Brady

First off, welcome to the board and the province. I can't really help you with the fishing thing, but I just want to add that there are a few good dudes down that way, that will go out of their way to help a stranger. Keeps on refreshing the feelings around here. Welcome aboard.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:13 PM
lethalconnection

First off welcome to the board im sure you will find lots of helpfull info along the way. As for the fishing out here its pretty good all round fishing but if you are a fly fisher well you are coming to the right place. If you want to know about any specific area's for certain fish check out the Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide or just ask here on the board and im sure someone will point you in the right direction.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:08 PM
huntercam

Old 03-25-2007, 06:32 PM
?

Default ?

was that thunder or spring lake?