Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-25-2007, 06:18 PM
fat rap1

Default William Switzer Park lakes near Hinton (Jarvis,Cache lakes)

I recently moved to Hinton and have fished a few lakes such as Jarvis, Cache, and Graveyard lakes. Unfourtunatly I never had much luck in any of the lakes (just a few small pike). Has anyone fished these lakes before?

thanks
Old 02-26-2007, 01:51 AM
sorry

Default sorry

same trouble as u. would like any info as well.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:28 PM
MB

Default william switzer park lakes near Hinton

Just curious where you guys are finding work in Hinton. When I used to live there the whitesw were always really shallow . Cache and graveyard lakes arr usually good for bigger pike.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:47 AM
RockyMountainMusic

Default Re: william switzer park lakes near Hinton

we usually do fairly well on nice pike at jarvis around the end of this month when they start coming in shallow and the whites are there then as well. As for cache and graveyard i just fished for the first time last summer in the boat and it was a slow day but we caught lots of small pike but they are in there just got to be there on the right day i guess.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:50 PM
fat rap1

Default Re: william switzer park lakes near Hinton

Thanks for your reply and boost of hope. I'm working for an electrical company in town but and in school right now for a couple of months. There seems to be lots of work around, for trades people.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:29 PM

Like you, I've only caught small pike out of Jarvis. However, while I was camping there the guy in the campsite beside me caught an 18 pound pike in Gregg Lake. That's the large lake north of Jarvis Lake in William A. Switzer Provincial Park.You're lucky to be living in Hinton! Lots of lakes nearby, and right by Jasper!