I'm definitly ready for open water as well. I usually do a fly trip to the Red Deer in Feb, but never made it this year. Already planned a few trips for this year,hoping the ice will be off soon enough for an Easter weekend trip to Newell, to South Buck in May, onto Moose and Pinehurst in June and the trip I'm really waiting for to Cold Lake in July for lakers. I believe I was on Star Lake on April 2nd last year but if the weather doesn't warm up soon that's probably going to be moved back a week or so, but the river at least should be open by then. Back to tying rigs, got some new bead and blades this year and can't wait to try them out.