Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Red Sky Shane

Default Over 75 Shacks in Joussard!

I'm sure few people know where Joussard is... it's on the west end of Lesser Slave Lake. We were out there today and there were over 75 shacks out there catching fat Walleye and Burbot. Hopefully the changing regs don't keep us from dragging them in, but it seems that's where the fish are, as there's a lot more there than even last year. It seems like a city on ice. Anyone else been there lately?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:56 PM
huntercam

I have been out there a few times this season fishing has been fair to good
Old 02-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Red Sky Shane

We caught some fat walleye out there again today. The shacks are in a line like a street through a villiage, probably more than 75.

We're developing a neighborhood along the lake with 1/4 acre lots for sale. I hope the fishing stays good and people need some real estate in their life. Anybody interested??? Not that I'm trying to advertise....sorry mod's.

It seems this board is in love with perch anyways, leave the walleye for me.:lol
Old 02-11-2007, 03:01 AM
RockyMountainMusic

redsky, reading this is like salt in the wound for me, i make a trip up there every year and always have awsome fishing. i was supposed to go again next weekend for the yearly trip but the guy i was going with just went for heart surgery so i think the trip is cancelled. Oh well maybe i well be able to get up there before the ice comes off yet.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Red Sky Shane

Sorry to hear about your friend Rockymusic. Surgery went okay?
We were out at the Narrows - north of Kinuso - today and had to fight the worst drifts. We had to spoon snow for an hour to get on the lake and after 3 hours of fishing, we had to spoon for another half hour to get off. Lots of wally's there too, but the access sucked.
Joussard has a highway of tracks out to the holes, hopefully the snow stops falling soon, or it'll be ski-doo only on this lake...
Hope you get a chance to come up anyways Rockymusic, friend or not.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:45 AM
RockyMountainMusic

ya i didn't get to make the trip but a couple of friends went anyway, i think they did ok on walleye and a couple nice pike a ling but not as good as years before but that's because i wasnt there.lol. They had a hard time getting on the lake because of the snow and the drifts but i think they just fished by the shacks at joussard. i fished the narrows a few years ago with a couple locals from High Prairie and that was the most walleye action i ever had it was awsome. Last year i cleaned up at joussard and hilliards. i just love the fishing up there and i'm determined to get up there yet, and a couple trips in the summer as well. And ya the surgery went good
Old 02-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Red Sky Shane

Sounds like some nice friends you've got there. At least they didn't rub your face in it how good the fishing really was...

My buddy Russ always calls me with painful updates of how good he's done without me. At least your friends lied for you.

The narrows is plagued with ice heaves, unpredictable ice, crazy currents and big snow drifts because of the 'narrow' shape of the lake. When we were there on family day the wind made us all feel naked (we weren't..) because it howls through there so bad. In the summer it storms vicious too, but the fishing is usually worth the risk/work of it all.

Joussard seems really productive lately, as the wally's apparently go there to spawn and such. We started our real estate stuff (redskyalbertalimited.ca) out there last spring, and it seems like it was a good time, as the fishing remains better than some other sportfishin' lakes in AB.

Hopefully you can make it up in the summer to bring your friends some luck...:\
Old 02-23-2007, 04:59 AM
RockyMountainMusic

Ya the narrows was the same way when i was there a few years ago but like you said well worth it. i will be up there is the summer for sure at least once. My friends ended up doing not too bad but not the greatest for the long drive but just to hook into a few of the nice ones in there is worth the trip for me.