Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-16-2010, 01:06 AM

DOH

If it's hidden, I can find it. It's the stuff in front of my face that I never see!
LOL!

Thanks guys

-Frank
Old 04-24-2010, 09:45 PM

just picked up some 100gr 243 from them at the kamloops gun show, look interesting, i would like to know the BC's for them.. not stated in the litterature nor the box.. too bad. look interesting.

all j-4 jackets, but rbt design, should be pretty flat shooting!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:03 AM

He was showing me a new 50 cal tipped bullet he just made the night before at the High Prairie gun show. Same RBT design. Looked pretty slick. I had my kids with me so didn't stay at his booth long.

WOODY
CSSA NFAMember
Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 PM

Just to update and revive a nearly dead thread...Dale's bullets are the absolute bee's knee's, they RULE. I will shoot NOTHING BUT Dale's bullets in 6mm and larger now. Somehow the accuracy of all my rifles has increased since they're getting fed a steady Chinchaga diet.

Dale's a great guy too - I've talked on the phone with him a couple times now - each time three hours or so disappeared. LOL

Amazing bullets guys AND GREAT PRICES! - give him an e-mail chinchagabullets@hotmail.com IS a functioning e-mail address...

Man...phenominal bullets. Holy crap....just try 'em you'll see.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring_assassin View Post
Man...phenominal bullets. Holy crap....just try 'em you'll see.
Sorry about digging up this OLD post. But I had to say something here. X2 in spades to the above quote.

Some time ago I bought some 6mm RBT ULD PP 100 gr bullets from Chinchaga at a gun show. I finally fired off a first test batch, and I am totally floored by how well it went.

I used a powder that has really done nothing for me in the past with this rifle, Varget. And right from one end of the powder increment range to the other, the results were very good, the single worst group was 1.75" at 100 yards. The best groups were 0.5", 0.6" and 1.0"... consecutive charges separated by .8 grains of Varget.

This rifle (Browning BLR) has been a VERY picky eater up till now, some bullets doing a disgraceful job with various powders and charge weights, (most notably Swift Sirocco IIs with 3 different powders so far, anybody want to buy some Siroccos?) others having a narrow band of tolerance for powder range, but getting as good as 1" or so. A real adventure, trying to get something to work well with this rifle. Until now.

Soooo... is this partly a product of the RBT design? I understand the concept of why that should help.... sort of keeping muzzle blast turbulence from getting ahead of the bullet and messing up its flight path. If so, why are more bullet manufacturers not making ANY RBT design bullets? Nosler... Swift... Barnes... Sierra... Hornady... do they make ANY RBT bullets?

This is the 10th different bullet type I've tried with this gun, and it is massively better than anything else I've tried, not just for single charge weight accuracy but also for tolerance across a wide charge weight range.

Interesting bullets, that is certain.

Frank
Old 04-04-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLance View Post

Sorry about digging up this OLD post. But I had to say something here. X2 in spades to the above quote.

Some time ago I bought some 6mm RBT ULD PP 100 gr bullets from Chinchaga at a gun show. I finally fired off a first test batch, and I am totally floored by how well it went.

I used a powder that has really done nothing for me in the past with this rifle, Varget. And right from one end of the powder increment range to the other, the results were very good, the single worst group was 1.75" at 100 yards. The best groups were 0.5", 0.6" and 1.0"... consecutive charges separated by .8 grains of Varget.

This rifle (Browning BLR) has been a VERY picky eater up till now, some bullets doing a disgraceful job with various powders and charge weights, (most notably Swift Sirocco IIs with 3 different powders so far, anybody want to buy some Siroccos?) others having a narrow band of tolerance for powder range, but getting as good as 1" or so. A real adventure, trying to get something to work well with this rifle. Until now.

Soooo... is this partly a product of the RBT design? I understand the concept of why that should help.... sort of keeping muzzle blast turbulence from getting ahead of the bullet and messing up its flight path. If so, why are more bullet manufacturers not making ANY RBT design bullets? Nosler... Swift... Barnes... Sierra... Hornady... do they make ANY RBT bullets?

This is the 10th different bullet type I've tried with this gun, and it is massively better than anything else I've tried, not just for single charge weight accuracy but also for tolerance across a wide charge weight range.

Frank
well frank maybe we can coax ol chinchaga man himself to help you understand what he does to make his product so good.he posts here from time to time! lol
Old 04-04-2013, 11:48 AM

Rebated bullets are not a new idea at all, they were being made in Europe many years ago.
it may be because your rifle simply likes that particular bullet, it doesn't mean that it will automaticly shoot any of the other bullets they sell as well as the ones you have.
However, if it were me , I'd stock up on that bullet that does shoot well!
Cat
Old 04-04-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLance View Post

Frank
Match dies!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:42 PM

you just hit post 308 dale! NICE!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:55 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleJ View Post
Match dies!
Hehehe OK!

Nice work, excellent bullets for sure.

I'll be taking Cat's advice and stocking up on these as soon as I get an order form. Ever notice that.. as SOON as you find something you like... it gets discontinued or "improved" (tic) or changes into something else... I'm a stocker-upper by paranoia these days LOL!

Have a great day!

Frank
Old 04-04-2013, 06:42 PM

They seem to have a booth at most gun shows.

Grizz
Old 04-04-2013, 07:18 PM

I heard he tests them at 500 meters and rejects anything that groups over .2 MOA. Friggin rumors!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
They seem to have a booth at most gun shows.

Grizz
"They" would be him in post 42?
Old 04-05-2013, 08:35 AM

Default Chinchauga

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
"They" would be him in post 42?
DaleJ makes great bullets ! His 7mm 168 RBT's and .270 140 gr FB Bonded Cores shoot extremely well in my guns and serve very well on Game.
If you can find him , get some.