Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-14-2017, 02:39 PM

Default Camp Wainwright

I am wondering if there has been many elk sightings during the past 3 rifle hunts at the base. I see where (at least)4 more bulls have been taken since the primitive season. I was there for that but couldn't stay for rifle due to work requirements. The snow condition was very crusty and noisy which made stalking elk very unproductive. (too bad as there was lots of sign ) Thinking about trying again the last 2 days but I assume the snow is the same----and temperatures have stayed warm. I know I have zero chance of filling my tag staying home but still thinking it over
Old 12-14-2017, 02:43 PM

Do the tags for Wainwright not have specific 3 days seasons attached to them? Or are the elk tags good for each season that the base is open?

Good luck out there. I've heard of some good bulls in the area, but don't have any knowledge about on the base this year.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingAlberta View Post
Do the tags for Wainwright not have specific 3 days seasons attached to them? Or are the elk tags good for each season that the base is open?

Good luck out there. I've heard of some good bulls in the area, but don't have any knowledge about on the base this year.
Elk season runs from start to finish. You have to use a PW during the PW season of course.

LC
Old 12-14-2017, 04:00 PM

Yes, as Lefty says the elk tag is good for all five 3 day seasons and is good for either sex . Thanks for the luck-- I know I will need lots of it-- even though it sounds easy

Last edited by Blink 181; 12-14-2017 at 04:05 PM.