Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-07-2009, 10:50 PM

Default Older MINT Brno ZKW 465 22 Hornet

Hey guys,

My brother is thinking of listing his older ZKW 465 22 Hornet for sale. It's mint condition, well maybe 95% at the very least. Very nice dark stalk, dual set triggers, 5 shot mag. What should he be asking for a price on the rifle. I can get pics if needed, but if you can answer without seeing that'd save me alot of time.

Thanks
Old 08-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Banned

I think those where made from about 1948 to 1973 with serial numbers ranging from 000111 through to about 37393 to get an idea of the year when it was built. They were also called a mini-Mauser and some came with dual set triggers. Does the rifle come with scope, spare mags, ammo or brass, gun case, etc and who made the scope mounts? Probably fairly unlikely that it comes with it's original shipping box.

As the 22 Hornet isn't really a great varmint round I don't think there is much interest in them so maybe $350 private deal price, a decent mounted scope could bump the price up though. Same rifle from a dealers shelf might be $500 - $600.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:15 AM

Default hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetski View Post
I think those where made from about 1948 to 1973 with serial numbers ranging from 000111 through to about 37393 to get an idea of the year when it was built. They were also called a mini-Mauser and some came with dual set triggers. Does the rifle come with scope, spare mags, ammo or brass, gun case, etc and who made the scope mounts? Probably fairly unlikely that it comes with it's original shipping box.

As the 22 Hornet isn't really a great varmint round I don't think there is much interest in them so maybe $350 private deal price, a decent mounted scope could bump the price up though. Same rifle from a dealers shelf might be $500 - $600.

Since 22 Hornet is a great varmint round, and BRNO a very well made rifle, you shouldn't have any trouble getting $600.00 for this 95% rifle. FS
Old 08-10-2009, 06:45 AM

I picked up a Fox with optics and 2 clips 90% at 350.00 saw the Identical gun sell at auction 2 weeks later for 575.00 + 10% so the advice here looks on track
Old 08-12-2009, 01:00 PM

Thanks for the Information guys, I appreciate all of the help.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:50 PM

I have the identical rifle and it is by far my favorite!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 12:13 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonmark View Post
Hey guys,

My brother is thinking of listing his older ZKW 465 22 Hornet for sale. It's mint condition, well maybe 95% at the very least. Very nice dark stalk, dual set triggers, 5 shot mag. What should he be asking for a price on the rifle. I can get pics if needed, but if you can answer without seeing that'd save me alot of time.

Thanks
I have always wanted a Hornet, so if you decide to sell this rifle would you give me the opportunity to buy it, will pay good honest price for the rifle.

Thanks,
Garry Email (garry555@telus.net)
Old 11-09-2009, 05:33 PM

Default Brno 22 hornet

I had one of these, it was a great little gun. Crows at 200 yards if i used the set trigger. i seem to recall haveing an interesting time finding mounts for it though, perhaps a Sako style?
You should be able to get at least $400 for just the gun
Old 11-10-2009, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy2 View Post
I had one of these, it was a great little gun. Crows at 200 yards if i used the set trigger. i seem to recall haveing an interesting time finding mounts for it though, perhaps a Sako style?
You should be able to get at least $400 for just the gun
The post is from August?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:21 AM

Default 22 hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce555 View Post
I have always wanted a Hornet, so if you decide to sell this rifle would you give me the opportunity to buy it, will pay good honest price for the rifle.

Thanks,
Garry Email (garry555@telus.net)

HI,

I was wonding if you are still interested in a 22 hornet. I can send pictures to you to show you the condition of the rifle. The rifle is a brno, zkw465. This rifle is in almost mint condition, (maybe 95% at the very least). There is scratch in the wood. It's a little ring around the upper sling mount from the sling rubbing the wood. My grand father gave me the rifle about 10 years back when I was 16, hence me putting on the wrong sling. The stalk is a very pretty dark wood with very elegant grains through out. It comes with mounts and rings (not sure what brand name, but coming from grandpa I'd guess leupold or another high class). Currently there is a Leupold 2x7-33mm varix-ii mounted on it. It'd like to sell the scope with the rifle only because that is how I was given it, but if not the rifle and rings can be sold alone. It also comes with a 5 shot mag and I can also throw 100 rounds or never fired brass or 100 rounds of loaded 45gr soft point.

Kindly,

Trapper Simcoe
Old 12-03-2009, 01:13 PM

Default Brno 465 Trapper Simcoe

I would be interested in your rifle 22 hornet. Email me nodon@qwest.net
Old 12-03-2009, 01:15 PM

I am interested in your Hornet, Don
Old 06-13-2010, 09:19 AM

Is the Hornet still for sale, or has it already been sold? My friend just got one from has family member for a trade. By the sound of your description the rifle is identical, except for the scope. However, I am another person interested.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:05 PM

If anyone has a spare clip for one let me know.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTesticalAssessin View Post
Is the Hornet still for sale, or has it already been sold? My friend just got one from has family member for a trade. By the sound of your description the rifle is identical, except for the scope. However, I am another person interested.
Just joined and checking things out. Came across this thread. I also have one.

As said in the first post, "an older ZKW 465 22 ZBROJOVKA BRDN Narodni Podnik Hornet for sale. It's mint condition, well maybe 95% at the very least. Very nice dark stalk, dual set triggers, 5 shot mag. I can get pics if needed, but if you can answer without seeing that'd save me alot of time."
It also has a scope. Have had it 25 years since my dad died. It was his. I remember firing it when we went out shooting groundhogs for the farmers when I was about 15. That's 50 years ago. Not sure how long he had it before that. The serial number is 08327.

It's great rifle. Only shot it a couple of times since. It's very powerful for a 22.

Locally about all the local gun shop was willing to give me was $250. I'm sure it was worth more than that. So if anyone is still interested you can email me.

regborrow@sympatico.ca

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regwinn View Post
Locally about all the local gun shop was willing to give me was $250. I'm sure it was worth more than that. regborrow@sympatico.ca
A gun shop will try to pay as little as possible for any gun, either he didn't know what it was (which is doubtfull) or he was trying to get a steal. I have one of these and they are great little rifles, especially with the double set trigger. Even though I don't shoot it much any more it's one of my favorites.

I've only seen one of these for sale on CGN for around $600 W/O scope (can't remember the exact price), VG shape, it sold in about an hour. These don't often come up for sale and usually fetch a good price (600-700) if they are in nice shape.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:05 PM

If the hornet is still for sale I'm interested.