Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-10-2009, 11:35 AM

Default Hello

hello to everyone
I am new to this forum and looks good.
I'm from Sudbury Ontario and I love hunting.
I do guide for a bear outfitters and this is my opportunity to swap hut other people.
I'd like to go hunting for a nice mule deer, and I know that Alberta right place
someone interested to help me I'll work something out
Thanks for Know
Old 12-10-2009, 11:38 AM
sheephunter

Soliciting and then swapping hunts in Alberta is illegal unless you do it with another outfitter using his allocated tag. Now, if you make a friend here, they could take you hunting under our hunter host program and I'm sure there'd be nothing wrong with you taking that friend hunting in Ontario but to provide a hunt for a hunt is against the law as a hunter host.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Soliciting and then swapping hunts in Alberta is illegal unless you do it with another outfitter using his allocated tag. Now, if you make a friend here, they could take you hunting under our hunter host program and I'm sure there'd be nothing wrong with you taking that friend hunting in Ontario but to provide a hunt for a hunt is against the law as a hunter host.
^what he said, but its all about how you do it, you could make a friend he could take you hunting, then the next year or something you could take him hunting. But dont call it a swap.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the info guys
ok so who wants to be my best friend
Old 12-10-2009, 10:39 PM

I was under the impression there was no bear hunting in Ontario?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Now, if you make a friend here, they could take you hunting under our hunter host program ...
I was lead to beleive in talks with F+W that this is intended for folks that where connected to me by blood or by marriage..not just 'friends helping friends'.
or is this a rather loose requirement.

oh and welcome to the board skull
jeesh skull only two posts and your already stirring the pot

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 12-11-2009, 12:37 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
I was lead to beleive in talks with F+W that this is intended for folks that where connected to me by blood or by marriage..not just 'friends helping friends'.

Not the way the regs read. I've taken a couple friends over the years without issue. If you want to host a second NR Alien, they must be a relative but otherwise no mention. The regs seem pretty clear on it.

A Hunter Host

Must be an adult resident, and be eligible to hold recreational hunting licences.
Must be the holder of a valid WIN and Hunter Host Licence (below).
may not provide services for gain or reward, or accept remuneration, directly or indirectly, for such services.
may host a maximum of two (2) hunters/year, either Non-residents (Canadian), Non-resident Aliens or a combination thereof. If hosting 2 Non-resident Aliens, at least 1 must be a relative. may host Non-resident Aliens only if the host has not hosted a Non-resident Alien in the previous two (2) fiscal years (April 1 to March 31).
must report to the Fish and Wildlife Division by December 31 in the year of harvest, all hunting activities by the Non-resident Aliens he or she hosted.
must accompany the hunter(s) named on his or her Hunter Host Licence while they are hunting big game under the authority of the Hunter Host Licence.
Hunter Host Licence
A resident who wishes to be a Hunter Host may purchase a Hunter Host Licence at any private licence issuer. You must have the WIN(s) of the non-resident(s) at the time of purchase. You must ensure that the hunters you host are named on your Hunter Host Licence. If you purchase your Hunter Host licence naming one hunter and you decide to add a second hunter to your licence at a later date, you can do so at no additional charge. Return to a private licence issuer with your licence and have it amended. Once you have purchased your Hunter Host Licence, the hunters may purchase their licences.

A Hunter Host who plans to take a non-resident alien hunting must do the following:

Go to a Fish and Wildlife Division office and initiate an application (including statutory declaration). Sign it and have your signature sworn. If your Non-resident Alien is not a relative, you must start this process by August 31 or February 26 as described above.
Have the Non-resident Alien sign the application and have his or her signature sworn. (If the Non-resident Alien does not have a WIN, have him or her fill out a WIN application at the same time.)
Take the completed application to a Fish and Wildlife Division office. The application will be reviewed for final approval and keyed into the automated licensing system.
When you are notified that your application is approved, go to any private licence issuer and purchase your Hunter Host Licence (see above) and the appropriate Wildlife Certificate and licences.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
I was under the impression there was no bear hunting in Ontario?
we do not have springs hunt
but we do have fall hunt
Old 12-11-2009, 06:31 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post

Thanks for the welcome Roger
I'm not here to stirring any pot, I like to hunt and meet new people,
and see this beautiful country of Canada
Old 12-11-2009, 07:34 AM

Don't think he was intentionally trying to stir something up, just not familiar with the rules here.