Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-29-2017, 05:05 PM

Ok I'll post in here. Have viewed this a few times but never made the jump. I work a 7/7 rotation so have lots of free time to fish. Due to some health reasons I have given up 95% of the hunting I did and am doing more fishing. I have a brand new 17' ModV boat with a 40 Merc and minn-kota ipilot bow mount. As I said I have a bit of a health issue, won't go into details here but it's foot problems so launch & recovery can be a bit of a chore for me if it's a crappy launch. My regular hunting/fishing partner is more geared to hunting and is very busy with work and being a new father so I fish alone 98% of the time. I also have all the gear we'd need for downrigging if that interests you too? I am not concerned with expenses as I am going anyways so if you'd like to chase some fish by boat, I'm not much into shore angling, and can help with launch & recovery I will happily provide a seat up front on the casting deck. The front seat has an extension to raise it, the bow mount motor is an ipilot with remote, gps, bluetooth, anchor mode and you would even have your own Humminbird 570 graph up front as the transducer is mounted to the bow mount motor and I'd have my own Lowrance Hook 4x chirp hardwired at the helm. If we can't catch them we'll at least see them?!! I am in the Lloydminster area and really want to explore Cold Lake more plus interested in many other destinations. BIG BOWS/WALLEYE on DIEF perhaps?!!
Old 08-03-2017, 12:15 PM

Anyone in the Edmonton area want to do some fishing this weekend? I'm down to go anywhere just looking for some company!
Old 08-07-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Fisher View Post
Hey all, I'm planning on doing some evening fishing tonight or perhaps tomorrow depending on the weather. if anyone wanted to meet up I would be totally down to share one of my most secret fishing holes!

I live on the southside but can travel anywhere in the city to meet up. I don't drive myself.

The general area I plan on fishing is kind of close to the University of Alberta (that would be the best meeting spot IMO) and there is a little bit of a climb involved. Nothing major just need to scramble down a bit of a steep hill.

I have caught multiple 20-24" walleye in this area as well as a tank of a pike last weekend that was probably pushing 35". I have pictures on my phone I'm willing to share, haven't quite figured out how to post them here but I can show you when we meet in case you need evidence!

I have mainly been bottom bouncing jigs along the rocks around this spot, so I haven't tried bait here yet. If you do come, we should definitely grab some worms as I have seen Goldeye feeding off the surface in the slack water near this spot.

I plan on staying until after dark. Was probably thinking about leaving the house around 6 to catch the evening bite before darkness hits.

Shoot me a PM or comment on this thread if you're interested!

I have to go back to work now but I will check this thread / my inbox later tonight as I pack up my gear.

Cheers!

PS: I'm re-posting this here as someone directed me towards this sticky thread. I am apparently blind because I totally missed it on my way to posting this before as a new thread. I apologize to the admins!

Let me know when you heading out, I have a boat and do some shore fishing as well. Will be heading out of town a bunch in August, but should free to go during the times I' in town. PM me and we can stay in touch.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timidhc View Post
I've only been fishing for a little over a year now but I can't get enough. I'm currently living in Red Deer but i'm more then willing to travel to hook into some fish. I spin and fly fish and just started making youtube videos of my days on the water. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR2IlNZzvwk
I'd love to learn how to properly fish lakes like Gull, Sylvan or Pine, etc. To read the Rivers and Creeks near me or travel to new places with the hope of catching some fish.
Do you only fish off the shore?
I have a boat, SUV and think it's safe, good and fun to go out with someone.
Been fishing for about 3 seasons now.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqr8 View Post
Let me know when you heading out, I have a boat and do some shore fishing as well. Will be heading out of town a bunch in August, but should free to go during the times I' in town. PM me and we can stay in touch.
PM sent!
Old 08-15-2017, 10:10 PM

Default Looking for fishing buddy

Have a boat,extra life jackets and vehicle to haul it. Looking for someone who has days off during the week and likes to fish. Was thinking about a trip to Winifred lake on Thursday if some one wanted to split costs of fuel. Total cost for boat and truck would be about $120.00,so $60 each. Even have spare rods but don't share tackle.Live in Fort McMurray.

Last edited by Rick68; 08-15-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:44 PM

Default Going to fish the salt in BC

Short notice, but anyone interested in joining a trip to the BC coast? Leaving Saturday from Calgary. Back home the following Sunday.

Take a week off of work, get in some salmon fishing. Have the gear, split the costs.

PM me...will be glad to get into details.

Pick.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:44 AM

Default looking for someone with boat

hello looking for someone with a boat who needs a few fishing partners.we are in Calgary.My son and i love to go fishing ! if someone has a boat and would like to take us out somewhere we would be more that happy to pay for the half the boat gas thanks !

Last edited by Rustyone; 08-31-2017 at 11:48 AM. Reason: add where im from
Old 08-31-2017, 04:24 PM

I have September 2-11th off in the Edmonton area. Would love to get out and do some fishing. If you have a boat I do not mind purchasing the gas for the day. PM me and let's talk!
Old 09-12-2017, 04:24 PM

Default Heading the the NSR tonight

If anyone needs a fishing buddy I'm heading down to the river tonight. Going to be near the area of fort Edmonton park if anyone is in that area shoot me a DM and I can show you my own fishing holes in the area! I know a few sports that are far away from the crowds.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:25 PM

Heading to Athabasca river tomorrow morning if anyone wants to hop in.

Only a few days left until close pm me for details
Old 11-08-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLeod View Post
anyone like hiking into mountain lakes or other hike in areas for trout ?
If be down for some hike in streams/lakes!
To bad I didn't see this earlier in the fishing season! Send me a msg when you plan on heading out post ice season. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk