Your Optometrist in Edmonton

Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-26-2010, 02:35 PM
switchsl switchsl is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: edmonton
Posts: 376
Default WCB sucks

I guess Im just venting, Im sure many have their experiences. Theres a particular doctor who works for Occupational health and saftey who diagnosed me with metal poisoning, but says none of the many quite serious symptoms I have are related. These symptoms are all listed in the MSDS sheets he requested, all from my work that all include the metals I was exposed to, aswell as on the canadian OCH&s web page, but yet in his infinite wisdom they are not from my work, and not making me sick. I have been looked over, poked, biopsied, x rayed and mri`d there is nothing at all wrong with me according to 3 seperate specialists, other than the arsenic maganese, aluminum, and selenium in my system. I have an inspection with 5 infractions from Occupational health investigators from the jobsite all relating to resperatory saftey, but still... the doctor (apparently an expert on welding also) says nope, not a chance. I have now started selling my things, Im out of money, and was told again I still cant work. WCB wont pay me, and I have no money to fight them. I stopped by the shop today to hand in my resignation, since Im unable to work anymore, and guess what... shops still running, and there are two first year apprentices there, none of which are wearing the appropriate respiratory equipment. Oddly the guy who was there that I told what was going on, was fired. Meanwhile, the owner continues about 3/4 of a million a year in buisness off two 20$ an hour wages, probably doing alot of the pressure related work I used to do, now done illegaly.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-26-2010, 02:43 PM
mudbug's Avatar
mudbug mudbug is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Posts: 4,581
Default

Have you tried a labour lawyer that deals with these sorts of things? Some of them work on commision so they don't get paid unless you get a settlement and most of them provide the initial consult for free. Just phone and ask them first what their policy is and ask them also which doctor they think you should get a second opinion from. Just google labor lawyers in your city and there will quite often be a lot of them listed with their websites. Good luck

Here's a link you might find helpful, whatever you do don't give up because that is what they count on

http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid...labour+lawyers

Last edited by mudbug; 05-26-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2010, 02:50 PM
switchsl switchsl is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: edmonton
Posts: 376
Default

Tried that, Im still capable of working... just not capable of working a real job and earning the money I am used to. So I can watch a security camera, sell you your french fries, etc. Because of this, there is no settlement to work from, and no lawyer will take the case that I talked to unless I pay, and I have a wife to look after so I have no money for a long drawn out legal battle. The case is in review again by wcb medical advisors, but I already know what the answer will be in a few months, when they get to answering me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:04 PM
mudbug's Avatar
mudbug mudbug is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Posts: 4,581
Default

Does WCB offer a retraining program for a similar income job? Maybe as a welding inspector? Just a thought.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:10 PM
switchsl switchsl is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: edmonton
Posts: 376
Default

No, because the occ doctor says the injury is non work related, wcb has the medical evidence they need to deny the claim. Im fighting best I can, with all the evidence I could gather... but they are alot better at this than me. Anybody with any comon sense would realise you dont get heavy metal poisoning easily, and as a welder of high alloy and many weird exotic alloys its got to be the job. Its not a simple case trust me. Im looking at going back to work welding as its all I know sick or not, as I will be running a debt by mid next month just to pay the bills. Know anybody looking for a skilled TIG welder? lol
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:11 PM
switchsl switchsl is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: edmonton
Posts: 376
Default

By the way I appreciate the suggestions, sorry if I am bitter. Being confined to my house for the last 2 years has started to get to me.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:30 PM
FishBrain FishBrain is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,976
Default

I would take pictures of the guys working under conditions without proper gear and/or training. call health and safety on the company and have them inspect it. keep records of all the MSDS sheets you have, and dont stop looking for a lawyer.
Call WCB and push them, it will look like you are serious. If they are somewhere other than work for the metal poisoning then have air tested in the places they figure you got it from and from your place of work.
Track down the guy who got fired, and get him to back you up!!!
__________________
A wise fellow once told me "Stop playing with it so much, or it might fall off!"

I still lose bait that way.


UPS will fondle your animals!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Twisted Canuck's Avatar
Twisted Canuck Twisted Canuck is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta
Posts: 3,951
Default

Sorry to hear of your plight. WCB is the spawn of Satan as far as I am concerned. They rape you for their premiums. and then do everything in their power to never have to help a working man/woman out when they need it.

Originally the whole program was supposed to be a 'not for profit' aid to the working person, but that quickly evolved into just another insurance company that is out for it's own (government administered!) profit.

They do indeed suck the big one. I can't tell you how many people I personally know who have paid for years, then been screwed over by the very system that was supposed to be there for them in case of injury/sickness. There is a 14th level in Dante's Hell for WCB adjusters and bureaucrats .....
__________________
'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

"Slinte mhr agad!"

Member of NFA
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
switchsl switchsl is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: edmonton
Posts: 376
Default

I already had OCC do an inspection. The original response from the guy was ``your employer seems like a nice guy, pretty compasionate and cares about your well being. I dont see any reason for an investigation here`` So i called his boss, quoted from the manual some infractions I needed dealt with right away for my records, and reminded him I was on speakerphone for the original call and the current one while my wife witnessed. They were back the next day.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:49 PM
switchsl switchsl is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: edmonton
Posts: 376
Default

yes twisted, its not my first go around with them. I used to be a comercial diver in bc, and was hurt in a wcb training course made manditory by them as a saftey thing. They bent me, refused to pay me, and the fault was a wcb doctor who missed a medical condition in a physical I paid 1000$$ of my own money to have. It cost me a year of my life, a stroke at 20 years old and everything I owned at the time. I can honestly say they are evil people.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:51 PM
FishBrain FishBrain is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchsl View Post
I already had OCC do an inspection. The original response from the guy was ``your employer seems like a nice guy, pretty compasionate and cares about your well being. I dont see any reason for an investigation here`` So i called his boss, quoted from the manual some infractions I needed dealt with right away for my records, and reminded him I was on speakerphone for the original call and the current one while my wife witnessed. They were back the next day.
I think the most important part is to keep on them, if not...well you will lose.
it will be a hard fight, but if you continue punching eventually they fall

a friend of mine fought for 5 years until he won, and his 5 year back cheque was AWESOME!!
__________________
A wise fellow once told me "Stop playing with it so much, or it might fall off!"

I still lose bait that way.


UPS will fondle your animals!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
IR_mike IR_mike is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Iron River
Posts: 3,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchsl View Post
yes twisted, its not my first go around with them. I used to be a comercial diver in bc, and was hurt in a wcb training course made manditory by them as a saftey thing. They bent me, refused to pay me, and the fault was a wcb doctor who missed a medical condition in a physical I paid 1000$$ of my own money to have. It cost me a year of my life, a stroke at 20 years old and everything I owned at the time. I can honestly say they are evil people.
In my one experience with them they seemed good at "losing" things like files, doctors reports, pay stubs etc, etc.

Make copies of everything you submit.

Their incompetence knows no limits.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-26-2010, 06:59 PM
ontario gunner ontario gunner is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 323
Default

About 15 years ago I fought them for 3 years. I was 65k in debt, had to pay a lawyer that specialized in wcb claims almost 10k.. I walked into the hearing and made the employer look like a fool in about 3 minutes. Ended up with 3 years back pay and 2 years of full ride schooling... WCB employess are trained to say no and cause you to quit your claim... Find a lawyer that specializes in wcb claims and fight them tooth and nail... they arent looking out for your best intrest no matter what they say,, they are looking out for the employers best intrest! oh&s doctor is also looking out for saving wcb money,, go see a specialist of your choice,, not one they send you to!

If you cant go back to the same pay rate,, wcb should come up with the difference in pay scale.. They did for me for almost 3 years.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-26-2010, 07:06 PM
crawfy's Avatar
crawfy crawfy is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lethbridge, A. B.
Posts: 1,149
Default

If you have a computer google canadian labor code or your Alberta labor code and also look up duty to accommodate there may be some angles there if you have not already
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-26-2010, 07:13 PM
rugatika's Avatar
rugatika rugatika is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The wrong side of 1850
Posts: 8,752
Default scam

I have heard more than a few horror stories from WCB. As far as I'm concerned it's nothing more than another tax "attempting" to masquerade as a benefit. Leave it to to the gov't to figure out a way to screw you a little harder. I have heard of a couple people making out alright. I'm sure it has everything to do with which bureaucrat you wind up with. Rest assured there are minions that get into the gov't bureaucracy because they are looking for a job and want to help people...and then there are people who were/are losers that like exerting power over people. Always remember when dealing with people like this that they hold your life in their hands and you have to kiss ass to avoid them making your life hell. This is the direct result of people turning their lives/responsibilities over to the gov't.

All of these bureaucracies should be plowed into the ground and allow people to buy their own work insurance etc etc with the money that would have otherwise been STOLEN by force by the gov't that is elected by losers.

Vote accordingly. We get the gov't we deserve.
__________________
"Enjoqy the decliqne" - Captain Capitalism

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." Martin Luther King, Jr.

See, when the government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of the Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs." Dave Barry
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-26-2010, 07:15 PM
hl649's Avatar
hl649 hl649 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Eckville, Alberta
Posts: 246
Default

I have had a few runins with both Alberta and BC WCB. They have all been very favorable on my side. In one case I was scheduled for an appeal when I didn't want it. They said I really should go to the appeal hearing. The result was that they paid for 2 years post secondary training to retrain me. My experience has been to do everything that they want. If they want you to see a particular doctor, go. If they want tests, have them. If you balk it looks like you may be trying to hide something.

WCB is still ran as a not-for-profit organisation. I pay into WCB every year and I get a cheque at the end of the year if there is a surplus at years end (i.e., premiums were higher than payouts). They never close their books at year end with a profit.
__________________
I don't hunt sheep because; well, I just don't hunt sheep.........I just waste time in the saddle.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 PM
hal53's Avatar
hal53 hal53 is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lougheed,Ab.
Posts: 9,407
Default

Never had a WCB claim in my life, but having run large operations over the years , I suspect they are a little "leery" of the constant claims, not saying that is the case here, but some people will milk the system, however, start up your own business.....you are told at the outset that you have to pay WCB, either monthly or quarterly...and oh...BTW...you can NEVER collect!!!...but if you don't pay on time, your bank accounts will be frozen!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-26-2010, 11:02 PM
bigdaddy37 bigdaddy37 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 383
Default

Try this for some assistance:

http://www.wcb.ab.ca/workers/appeals_advisor.asp
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 PM
switchsl switchsl is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: edmonton
Posts: 376
Default

Yeah they are good to some, looked after me in an acceptable fashion in the past, when I pushed them. Never refused a treatment, was on over 35 prescriptions in the last 2 years, they refuse some of my med records, as it took a long time to nail down the cause of this. No sympathy for the premiums, turns out the filters provided to me were wrong, cause they cost less. Right ones probably be cheaper than a time loss, but since they got away with it I guess not. Thanks for the link, claims in appeal now.
Im just ranting, I needed to vent... Its pathetic I know, but my friends dont come around much because I always said no to invites being to sick for so long, did the same to some great offers from members here. Poor missus I love her she takes care of me and doesnt deserve it. I like this forum, its a new concept to me participating rather than lurking... especially being a local forum. Alot of good people here, hope to meet some in person some day. It helps pass my time, and I have learned alot. I like the advice, and the info seeing Im not originally from this province. Thanks for listening, and the admins for not locking me out. Time for insomnia meds. Cheers people
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-27-2010, 06:07 AM
maxpower2506 maxpower2506 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 248
Default

WCB and Employers seem to have way to cozy a relationship, I think. A few years back I was involved in an , well incident, at work , won't bore people with details, Before i had even filed a claim ( heavily sedated in hospital) WCB had cheques sent by courier to my door, DAILY FOR FIVE DAYS, ??????
WTF???
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Whiskey Wish Whiskey Wish is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Just this side of no-where on the edge of common sense
Posts: 1,387
Default

If you stop and think about it for a moment it becomes really weird.
An institution that was created to assist injured workers that has more security than a bank and has angry people taking guns into the building!!??
Somewhere along the way someone has lost sight of the reason they exist, OR,
we have been living a lie the entire time.
Hospitals serve thousands of injured and sick people every day and I don't remember hearing about any people going in there with guns.
WCB is simply a way for employers to avoid lawsuits imho. Plain and simple.

Keep Your Powder Dry,
Dave.
__________________
Freedom without Democracy is still Freedom.
Democracy without Freedom is merely Tyranny in disguise!
DRSR.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Nerdapres' Nerdapres' is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 508
Default

The reason WCB is the the way they are is because of all the fraudulent claims and abuse they recieve. If you wanna blame someone for the way WCB is, blame the people who abuse the system because they're too lazy to work. I was in a MVA during work hours and received WCB. I did everything they told me to (4 day a week physiotherapy, weekly Dr. appointments) and I recieved all the money I was supposed to.

To the original poster, it seems you've fallen into a pit of depression feeling sorry for yourself. It's time to pick your ass up and start helping yourself. Have you tried holistic doctors? A lot of medical doctors can't see past their expensive schooling to see what the true problems are. I've read a lot about heavy metal poisoning and the like. Some doctors will deny problems such as this even exist. They'll go by the few tests they give and thats it. If those tests are negative, then "it's all in your head". I had stomach problems for years and saw many different dpoctors and specialists about it. After two years I finally went and saw a holistic doctor about it and a week later I felt better than I had in years. All because she diagnosed me with a yeast problem in my guts, and she told me to cut out sugar. I mentioned it to my family doctor and he kind of sluffed it off as malarky. I said to myself, "Whatever, it has helped me when two years of modern western medicine couldn't help me."

There are jobs out there for people with skills. They may not pay what you're used to but so what? You're crying that your wife doesn't deserve what she's got, so go and do something about it. Any money is better than no money.

Hate to say it but, it's time to harden the fcuk up and be a man, do what you can to support your family and yourself. Laying around crying on the internet and feeling sorry for yourself is getting you no where but onto a short road to divorce and misery.

Last edited by Nerdapres'; 05-27-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Walleyes Walleyes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: N/E Alberta.
Posts: 4,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdapres' View Post
The reason WCB is the the way they are is because of all the fraudulent claims and abuse they recieve. If you wanna blame someone for the way WCB is, blame the people who abuse the system because they're too lazy to work. I was in a MVA during work hours and received WCB. I did everything they told me to (4 day a week physiotherapy, weekly Dr. appointments) and I recieved all the money I was supposed to.

To the original poster, it seems you've fallen into a pit of depression feeling sorry for yourself. It's time to pick your ass up and start helping yourself. Have you tried holistic doctors? A lot of medical doctors can't see past their expensive schooling to see what the true problems are. I've read a lot about heavy metal poisoning and the like. Some doctors will deny problems such as this even exist. They'll go by the few tests they give and thats it. If those tests are negative, then "it's all in your head". I had stomach problems for years and saw many different dpoctors and specialists about it. After two years I finally went and saw a holistic doctor about it and a week later I felt better than I had in years. All because she diagnosed me with a yeast problem in my guts, and she told me to cut out sugar. I mentioned it to my family doctor and he kind of sluffed it off as malarky. I said to myself, "Whatever, it has helped me when two years of modern western medicine couldn't help me."

There are jobs out there for people with skills. They may not pay what you're used to but so what? You're crying that your wife doesn't deserve what she's got, so go and do something about it. Any money is better than no money.

Hate to say it but, it's time to harden the fcuk up and be a man, do what you can to support your family and yourself. Laying around crying on the internet and feeling sorry for yourself is getting you no where but onto a short road to divorce and misery.
YES,, thank you very much,, bout time it was said..

This is something else. You are a trained welder, you had MSDS books, you knew the risks involved in the job and from welding certain metals.. Why didn't YOU ware the appropriate breathing apparatus ??? to cool, didn't want to. Now after years of ignoring your body you want someone else to pay for your past ignorance.. See this is why the WCb has officers to make sure this type of BS doesn't get through.. According to OH&S regulation an employee is as much responsible for their own safety as the employer..

2 years of sitting on yer azz waiting for your hand out. You say you can work !!! Go out buy a welder rent a little shop and get at er.. Take a risk, do your job and feed your family...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-27-2010, 10:51 AM
switchsl switchsl is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: edmonton
Posts: 376
Default

Well, before you call me a snivling b*tch, read a little closer, I worked through all this, Im not lazy. I have been to more docs of all sorts than I can count, all on my own... fought for a year and a half to find one willing to give me the appropriate test, because they were all smarter than me, wasnt necessary, yup it was in my head. They will not accept the claim because all the medical records are previous to WCB, they refuse to treat me or test me because the one doc said no and thats all they need to deny me. I have helped myself all I can, if you read so much, you would know it can take years to recover, meds therapy or not. Harden up? Ever have a seizure and get back up and go to work. Ill do what it takes to support my family, at the moment I risk heart attack If I work, not much good dead am I.

Guess you were to busy gitn r dun calling me a p*ssy to read I wore the gear. I am trained, welding and metallurgy, I know what I was doing, more than most. The gear was incorrect. Maybe next time I should do the air quality tests, confirm mask efficiency to the test and all other saftey requirements for my employer to see if they lied to me. Ever do hardness tests and x ray on a BOP under a rig? When it blows your leg off, because somebody said they did, and didnt... be sure not to sit on your azz and wait for your handout. Take a risk, go back to work and forget about it.
In the mean time Your ignorance is quite apparent, as mine seems to be to you, its fitting you are proud to be called trash, not proud of your work.

I know I was snivling, admitted to that. Sometimes you just need to get something off your chest. Guess Ill shut up now.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-27-2010, 05:28 PM
hl649's Avatar
hl649 hl649 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Eckville, Alberta
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchsl View Post
No, because the occ doctor says the injury is non work related, wcb has the medical evidence they need to deny the claim
It may help your case here if you were to let us know what the evidence that WCB has to deny the claim. Someone may be able to come up with a reasonable way to convince WCB to rethink your claim.
__________________
I don't hunt sheep because; well, I just don't hunt sheep.........I just waste time in the saddle.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-27-2010, 07:27 PM
bearbait's Avatar
bearbait bearbait is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: whitecourt
Posts: 1,227
Default

wcb sucks azz!!!!i know first hand....do what they say and u may get screwed...dont and they will cut benifits....im in a law suit with them and will win thanks to them documenting everything and giving it to me....just had to sign a piece of paper at the mallard center and got my whole file...

that being said...they have always payed benifits to me....but be warned if u make over 60,000 a year you get the same as someone who makes 60,000....i was 140,000 a year and made 42,000 on wcb last year....max bennifits....cant get more....credit took a hit the first 3 months untill i consolidated my loans....

a guy could loose everything on wcb....becarefull out there becouse wcb sucks!!

i used to say the same thing...awww babys...get back to work....

karmas a bitc# and im livin it!!
__________________
a 7mm will drop anything LIVING THE DREAM!!! I get to goto work and play with guns and bows all day!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 PM
switchsl switchsl is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: edmonton
Posts: 376
Default

The reason they deny the claim is as follows... All my medical records are previous to the wcb case because this was long term exposure they collected and reviewed only what they wanted to, they have not and will not send me to their own doctors. The occupational health and saftey toxicologist who diagnosed me Is considered the foremost expert in the province he said my symptoms are not related to the diagnosis of heavy metal poisoning this is the main basis of refusal. I have been waiting since april 20 for a referal for a second opinion. He goes on to say there is no source of arsenic in welding. He claims aluminum was an isolated case of metal fume fever, and would have cleared in a matter of days and the symptoms of alum dont really match my symptoms, this is true. The manganese and selenium he contributes to a normal nutrient found in everybodys body. I have msds sheets listing all metals and symptoms matching mine to the word, I have research from boilermakers union and occ health stating welding even with ventilation over exposes workers to arsenic, I have a report from occ health inspector with 5 violations involving respirator and ventilation saftey and material identification from my workplace, I have test results spanning 4 months from first discovery all above allowable limits for the 4 metals stated, I have a page printed from the occ health page stating my symptoms and their progresion are a sign of poisoning for arsenic, manganese and selenium. I have seen 2 neurologist, a Gastroenterologist, 2 phsycologist, opthamologist, 4 general practitioners, multiple ER visits, homeopaths, physio and rehab clinic, had nerve tests, biopsys, multiple cat scans, ultra sound, x ray, mri's, blood and urin test. The only thing that has been found wrong is the levels of heavy metal in my system 4 times the occ health allowable safe limits, and unexplained irregular ulcers in my GI system (a symptom of arsenic). Any reasonable person would come to the conclusion the metal is making me sick, and it came from my work. My pets and wife are not sick, and I have changed homes in the middle of the progresion so there is no reasonable cause for exposure anywhere else. I dont smoke drink or do drugs and have been tested to prove it. I thought it would be an open and shut case, I would be treated, and get on with my life. If anybody can think of anything I missed as proof to my case please let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-28-2010, 02:46 AM
troller
Deactivated
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
that being said...they have always payed benifits to me....but be warned if u make over 60,000 a year you get the same as someone who makes 60,000....i was 140,000 a year and made 42,000 on wcb last year....max bennifits....cant get more....credit took a hit the first 3 months untill i consolidated my loans....
That's strange, it says right here that it is 90% of your net to a maximum of 77,000. Someone making 60,000 net will still get 54,000.

http://www.wcb.ab.ca/workers/wage_replacement.asp


and yes, I've been through it.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-28-2010, 08:07 AM
igorot's Avatar
igorot igorot is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: calgary
Posts: 540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdapres' View Post
The reason WCB is the the way they are is because of all the fraudulent claims and abuse they recieve. If you wanna blame someone for the way WCB is, blame the people who abuse the system because they're too lazy to work. I was in a MVA during work hours and received WCB. I did everything they told me to (4 day a week physiotherapy, weekly Dr. appointments) and I recieved all the money I was supposed to.

To the original poster, it seems you've fallen into a pit of depression feeling sorry for yourself. It's time to pick your ass up and start helping yourself. Have you tried holistic doctors? A lot of medical doctors can't see past their expensive schooling to see what the true problems are. I've read a lot about heavy metal poisoning and the like. Some doctors will deny problems such as this even exist. They'll go by the few tests they give and thats it. If those tests are negative, then "it's all in your head". I had stomach problems for years and saw many different dpoctors and specialists about it. After two years I finally went and saw a holistic doctor about it and a week later I felt better than I had in years. All because she diagnosed me with a yeast problem in my guts, and she told me to cut out sugar. I mentioned it to my family doctor and he kind of sluffed it off as malarky. I said to myself, "Whatever, it has helped me when two years of modern western medicine couldn't help me."

There are jobs out there for people with skills. They may not pay what you're used to but so what? You're crying that your wife doesn't deserve what she's got, so go and do something about it. Any money is better than no money.

Hate to say it but, it's time to harden the fcuk up and be a man, do what you can to support your family and yourself. Laying around crying on the internet and feeling sorry for yourself is getting you no where but onto a short road to divorce and misery.

Not trying to pick a fight here but sometimes we have to be more considerate to others. I have been in this situation but it turn out for the best. I just give up on the process and end up having a better job.


I am sure you would not say this words to the family of Sharon Harris. His husband is a hero who risk his life saving others, not thinking his own welfare and was caught with this same problem.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/st...refighter.html
__________________
It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, who is poor.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-28-2010, 09:11 AM
bearbait's Avatar
bearbait bearbait is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: whitecourt
Posts: 1,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troller View Post
That's strange, it says right here that it is 90% of your net to a maximum of 77,000. Someone making 60,000 net will still get 54,000.

http://www.wcb.ab.ca/workers/wage_replacement.asp


and yes, I've been through it.


max of 77,000 minus taxs..(which they dont take off and pay the gov they just deduct it from your benifits)..which leaves about 45,000 max payed.....i would know as im getting max benifits through them!!

just to give u an idea i made 19,000 in the month and a half i worked in 09 before i was hurt...on wcb i get 3600. a month...
__________________
a 7mm will drop anything LIVING THE DREAM!!! I get to goto work and play with guns and bows all day!!

Last edited by bearbait; 05-28-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.