Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2011, 06:36 PM

Default bear spray in a bodyjob not good

had a interesting afternoon had a custumer hit and rupture 6 750ml bottles of bear spray in my 8x8x16 box while unloading my truck. think i can honestly say the stuff works great dropped my fat azz to the deck real quick. got it in my mouth (tastes like sh*t) eyes, hair, clothing, try working all fternoon smelling like bear spray had more than a few customers coment on the on my peppery aroma.. on the bright side meet a real sexy looking female EMT
Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck posse View Post
had a interesting afternoon had a custumer hit and rupture 6 750ml bottles of bear spray in my 8x8x16 box while unloading my truck. think i can honestly say the stuff works great dropped my fat azz to the deck real quick. got it in my mouth (tastes like sh*t) eyes, hair, clothing, try working all fternoon smelling like bear spray had more than a few customers coment on the on my peppery aroma.. on the bright side meet a real sexy looking female EMT
With eyes pouring with tears I imagine they all look good
Old 02-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Gone Hunting

Try triggering one in a Helicopter. Things get real interesting with the pilot hanging out the door trying to fly the machine.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnydipper View Post
With eyes pouring with tears I imagine they all look good
precisely what I was thinking
Old 02-12-2011, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Try triggering one in a Helicopter. Things get real interesting with the pilot hanging out the door trying to fly the machine.
Isn't it illegal to carry in an aircraft?
Old 02-12-2011, 08:21 AM

Keg, remember that incident in Peace River, that is quite a few years back if we are thinking of the same one.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:28 AM

This thread is funny stuff. I think 1 can would have me on the ground. But you took 6...wow lol
Old 02-12-2011, 09:57 AM

well 3 showers later and my hair still smells like bear spray and i think ill end up tossing my jacket and pants, cant get the smell out of them. dont ever want to be around that stuff again wow. boss phoned this am told me that even after leaving the roll door up all night its still hard to breath in the box.

and as far as i can tell she was good looking but i dont think i was at my best with a snotty nose and tears...lol
Old 02-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Banned

When I worked for CN rail a few years ago me and another guy (who is far from being smart) were in the very small storage shed looking for a tool. All the sudden I hear a loud PSHHHHHHHHHH and I look and hes spraying the bear spray, well, the wind blew it into the shed and it dropped both of us and the boss came out wondering what all the profanity were about and found us rolling on the ground. His excuse for spraying it was "I wanted to see what color it was"

To this day I still hate that man
Old 02-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Keg, remember that incident in Peace River, that is quite a few years back if we are thinking of the same one.

It was a lot of years back. I was working forestry, regen surveys, so that would have been sometime in the 80s. 87 or 88 I think.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:04 PM

Brought to mind stories of Bear Spray being used as a pre-deterrent. People were spraying their sleeping bags before bed to ward off bears.

Bears love spicy taco's
Old 02-12-2011, 08:07 PM

A friend of mine went camping this summer, and the girl that she went camping with, didn't know what bear spray was, and sprayed it in the tent, as they were going to bed. Turns out some people have an anaphylactic reaction to one of the compounds used in the spray (if I'm not mistaken, it was one of the aerosol compounds). Fortunately, EMS was not too far away at the time, and my friend *only* ended up spending 5 days in the hospital in Canmore.

Need to be careful with that stuff!

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 02-12-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck posse View Post
It was probably redneck spray. And it worked. hehehe

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 02-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
It was a lot of years back. I was working forestry, regen surveys, so that would have been sometime in the 80s. 87 or 88 I think.
Man i bet Regen surveys have changed...We put our bearspray in pvc containers now...Love regen surveys though!!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post

Not only did it work......he bbq's with it ..... what gives it away... the red part??
Old 02-13-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
what this forum needs is a crochety old man spray