PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Heater Body Suite?

harv3589
08-18-2011, 08:47 AM
I was looking at one for my girlfriend, she freezes out there in the tree stand or just sitting. She is tiny and the cold really gets to her fast. Any other suggestions?

bigd
08-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Sounds like an opportunity to me...buy the biggest one you can get and crawl in with her to keep her warm :sHa_shakeshout:

huntinstuff
08-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I trust my life on my heater body suit.... and you should too

I heard that somewhere

Hunter Trav
08-18-2011, 01:26 PM
I own one, and if I could afford it (translation: if my wife would let me...lol) I would have one just for sitting on the couch watching TV. They really do work, and are very simple to use. They send you extra "booties" to put on your feet before you climb in, which would help a lot if your feet are prone to freezing up. I don't really use them as i stay warm enough with just the suit. Hope that helps. :)

Dakota369
08-18-2011, 02:46 PM
I was looking at one for my girlfriend, she freezes out there in the tree stand or just sitting. She is tiny and the cold really gets to her fast. Any other suggestions?

I don't know how much a heater suit is, but Milwaukee tools has a heated jacket that you can p/u for about $200.00, that comes with a battery that you can recharge. I have one and it is great as it is fairly light, has 3 different heat settings, and will fit nicely under my camo.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/tools/cordless-tools/m12-cordless-system/m12-cordless-lithium-ion-realtree-ap-heated-jacket-kit/2333

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/tools/cordless-tools/m12-cordless-system/m12-cordless-heated-jacket-kit/2331

1shotwade
08-18-2011, 02:55 PM
I am not sure about heater suits for men!!! Women they get a pass my wife freezes too! I would keep it pretty quiet at camp if i was wearing anything battery powered! my buddy shot the biggest buck of his life huddled under a tree with a fire going, he was trying to defrost his call and started blowing on it and 160 " whitetail walked out on the cutline 100 yards away! i would call BS on it but i was huddled on the other side of the fire drying out my gloves!

Warrior
08-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I just bought a battery powered vest from tech-niche-intl.... I got it mainly for my Alaska motorcycle trip next year.... But will use it this fall as well for hunting

Hunter Trav
08-19-2011, 09:06 AM
You can have your battery powered suits, I know my suit will always be working and I don't have to worry about recharging it...