PDA

View Full Version : Metal Detecting...Lost Ring **REWARD**

drake
09-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Does anyone in the Edmonton/wetaskwin/ponoka area have any experience with metal detecting? I lost my wedding ring in a field a couple of nights ago. The area is approximately 20 meters x 40 meters. I have rented a metal detector from a store in Edmonton. I expect it is harder than I think to properly “tune” the machine. I am going to head to the location tonight after work to have a look. If anyone wants to offer their expertise I would happily pay for the service, and provide a small reward if found. Ill be leaving Edmonton between 5pm and 6pm. It will take me approximately 1 hour to get to the location. Thanks.

-Drake

Slash8
09-14-2011, 11:11 AM
I've done a bit in years past, Best thing you could do is get another ring and lay it in the grass where you can see it at your house and then set the detector so it goes off when you pass over it, don't do it over concrete or asphalt as there may be rebar and other stuff underneath. I would also put the tab off of a beer can or something like that down for practise. I usually set mine so it goes off at any type of metal. I too lost my wedding ring in a hole this last spring but I found it with my metal detector. Set the "trash" setting on low so it picks up every thing and don't sweep the head too fast or it won't pick it up. I would recomend you practice in your yard first before you go into the field just so you know how it works. I originally bought mine for finding arrows that were shot into the grass by my kids. With the arrows I have retrieved over the last 10 years it has paid it's self off about 6 times now in arrows and definatly 100 times for my wedding ring. You can buy them at SOURCE or Circuit City or what ever the hell they call them selves now, used to be Radio Shack. They are relatively inexpensive. Good Luck!

Red Bullets
07-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Does anyone in the Edmonton/wetaskwin/ponoka area have any experience with metal detecting? I lost my wedding ring in a field a couple of nights ago. The area is approximately 20 meters x 40 meters. I have rented a metal detector from a store in Edmonton. I expect it is harder than I think to properly “tune” the machine. I am going to head to the location tonight after work to have a look. If anyone wants to offer their expertise I would happily pay for the service, and provide a small reward if found. Ill be leaving Edmonton between 5pm and 6pm. It will take me approximately 1 hour to get to the location. Thanks.

-Drake

Hey Drake,

If you should see this message now in 2013 , I am wondering if you had any luck finding your ring ? I have a detector and could go and look now in july 2013.

drake
07-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Dont worry about it buddy...i got a new one. Some crow probally swallowed it and crapped it out over top of a slough anyways. Very generous offer though. Have a great summer!

cccan
07-04-2013, 03:14 PM
new wife...or ring?:)