PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Wallet, Need my PAL back!

Eager_Beaver
08-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Ok long story short, my wallet was stolen, containing my win card and PAL.
I know how to get the PAL back, but i was sending in for my restricted right away also. The papers were also in my wallet so im kind of effed in the A right now. am i going to have to take the course again to get my restricted, or is there a way to get the restricted papers again, i talked to the firearms office but didnt offer a whole lot of help. also the police know nothing, big surprise. any help?

Gobi
08-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Well the only thing I could suggest is heading back to the organization that you took your restricted firearms course and ask them if there's anything that can be done. Especially if you recently took the course, maybe the course leader will be able to recognize you and maybe hook you up with a new set of forms.

If you didn't take a course then... uhh forget everything I just said. :lol: But that would be the path that I would take first.

Eager_Beaver
08-11-2008, 11:28 AM
i challenged the test from a private instructor from delburne, but i know he will remember me so that may be a good course of action, thanks a lot

Gobi
08-11-2008, 11:36 AM
No problem... And even if he can't give you what you need, I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction. That sucks man. Hopefully you find your forms. I'm currently waiting to send mine in cuz well... can't afford the $80 right now for the form fee. But I will definately be getting it in august.

kissacoyote
08-11-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't keep my PAL in my wallet. It's in it's own little leather folder, along with the registrations for my guns, and stays locked up in my rifle cabinet until I need it. If I do lose my wallet, there's enough to worry about, without having to worry about the PAL too.

Eager_Beaver
08-11-2008, 12:23 PM
i hear ya, tough lesson learned lol