PDA

View Full Version : Late Season Goose Hunting

Take Em!
09-22-2008, 04:56 PM
I have been bird hunting for over twenty years (since I was five) in the same area in Southern Alberta. Over those season I have been involved in some amazing waterfowl shoots. That being said we don't usually get geese in large quatities down there until the end of October and beggining of November. By this point they have been shot up pretty good on the way down and tend to be really flighty. The only really good goose shoots I have had are when the elements have been on my side.. mainly snow. Over the last few years I have been able to do some hunts up in Northern Alberta and was shocked to see how stupid the geese are early in the season. That being said I was wondering if anyone could give me some good advice on how to get them to suck in after they have been blasted up good all the way down to where I am...

mikeo2
09-22-2008, 06:23 PM
make sure your blinds dont stand out at all. Also try using a dozen or sometime even less decoys. By the time they get down to you they have seen lots of spreads with hundreds of decoys, sometimes the smaller decoy spread looks more natural to them. Also if its cold out keep the decoys closer together.