Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-24-2012, 06:54 PM

Default Manitoba Fishing licence?

Is it possible to purchase a Manitoba fishing licence online? Similar to Alberta.

I will be out there for the August long weekend in under two weeks.

The only info I could find for non residents to prepurchase a licence, was to mail in a form and wait 4 weeks.
Or purchase in person when I get there.
“My rifle … this is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my friend … I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle without me is useless … I will learn its strengths and weaknesses, its parts, its accessories, its sights, and its barrel. I will keep it clean and ready, we will become part of each other … before God, I swear this creed.” General William H. Rupertus
Old 07-24-2012, 07:02 PM

You have to buy them in person. We got ours at a gas station and every lodge in the area had them too. I don't think the system is computerized (ours were filled out by hand) so they can be sold by almost anyone.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:14 PM

To add confusion , you can buy a conservation or regular. Conservation was $29 last year. Regular was almost double.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:22 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll pick one up when I get there.

Only diference I could see with the conservation licence is a lower limit of fish you can keep.
For example. 4 Pike instead of six. But I'm sure it will depend on the water body.
“My rifle … this is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my friend … I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle without me is useless … I will learn its strengths and weaknesses, its parts, its accessories, its sights, and its barrel. I will keep it clean and ready, we will become part of each other … before God, I swear this creed.” General William H. Rupertus
Old 07-24-2012, 10:04 PM

Yes it depends on the area and the lake as far as the conservation and the regular license. I fished a lake not far from Brandon last summer and opted for the regular license as I could keep six walleye instead of four. I thought i was out here and why not get the most out of it as walleye are few and far between in Alberta. I had great fishing and lots of walleye ate fresh fish 4 days in a row and loved it.