Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Banned

Most people on facebook are bandana heads with droopin pants , gang members who would sooner kill a man then a deer , and lots of young cell phone addicted screamin girls who love American ldle and watch the Ellen Degenerate show along with realitie TV.

Best advice , scrap facebook and Tweet crap.

Last edited by Jimboy; 01-01-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
Most people on facebook are bandana heads with droopin pants , gang members who would sooner kill a man then a deer , and lots of young cell phone addicted screamin girls who love American ldle and watch the Ellen Degenerate show along with realitie TV.

Best advice , scrap facebook and Tweet crap.

X2
Old 01-01-2013, 05:15 PM

Someone who can access this dungbook page say something like "to all u antis if you're not a Buddhist or 100% vegan you are a hypocrite and should shut up now ". I use this on the antis I meet and they all walk away red faced its awesome I love it.Hagalaz sorry about my grammar and punctuation .LOL
Old 01-01-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagalaz View Post
I don't claim to be a university graduate in Literature, I know that I don't always spell everything correctly & that my punctuation/sentence structure isn't the best. And I have never tried to come across as a professional, unless I really know what I am talking about 100%.

I tried posting an experience, and all you can do is nit-pick. Typical.
See, that's the trouble with most of the people on AO. You take offense way to easily. First of all, I wasn't pointing out YOUR spelling inadequacies (as far as I could see, there's nothing wrong with it). So here, I'll explain the irony a little clearer so you can un-bunch your panties.
  • You proceeded to belittle a so-called literate because of his poor spelling and grammar to signify that because of that, his arguments had no merit...Yet here on AO, we have probably the worst spelling and grammar around (not yours specifically)
  • Then you belittled "antis" because "they come across as if they are all professionals/better than everyone else, but when someone doesn't agree with them they have no issue with lowering themselves by acting like complete fools." Again...have you SEEN how many threads are closed here on AO because of members acting like complete fools, throwing insults at each other just because they don't agree with each other? (again...wasn't pointing a finger at you per se)

I was merely making a light-hearted, comical comment about the similarities of the two groups. The very same arguments could be thrown at the members of AO. That's all.

Relax. Don't take things so personal. Would it help if I ended it with a smiley?

Now as far as what everyone is suggesting, to go onto that Facebook group and hurl insults...isn't that what we hate when anti's do when they come onto our 'group', the AO forum? Saying nothing at all is the classy way.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:33 PM

I was reading some of the comments on the page and holy smokes a grandpa father and his son were skinning out a doe the son had shot and they tore right into them for being crazy and brought up wrong and perverted. Some of the best memories I have are those kind of moments when you get your animal and steaks will hit the table that fall I guess I was brought up wrong. The attitude that the majority have on that page is not worth fighting with comments cause they are hate full and anyone who thinks that teaching a kid to hunt and fish is leading them to be on death row one day is plain crazy. Just my two cents. I love to hunt and fish and will teach my kids the same and hopefully they can pass it on too.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:03 PM

Default A great mother in law story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog hunter View Post
Someone who can access this dungbook page say something like "to all u antis if you're not a Buddhist or 100% vegan you are a hypocrite and should shut up now ". I use this on the antis I meet and they all walk away red faced its awesome I love it.Hagalaz sorry about my grammar and punctuation .LOL
My father in law was a furrier for many years and still knows a lot of guys in the biz. My mother in law still has some furs which she brought to one of the friends stores for some TLC before she stored them for the summer.

Well she walks up to he store and there is a bunch of anti fur protestors picketing the store. She walks up to them and on young lad stops her and says:"lady, animals died for those." (Apparently in a very condescending tone)

MIL looks him up and down and says "I'll stop wearing these when you stop
wearing those" as she pointed out his leather boots.

The protestors actually left and never came back.

As an aside a great friend of mine moved to London UK several years ago and was asked by a fellow to join in an anti-globalization protest. Chris politely pointed out his addidas shoes and fancy name brand jacket and said:"are you sure you aren't advertising for it instead?" And walked off!

Some people just don't think!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM

I agree that hurling insults will not help ,sometimes I vent,with good reason I grew up trapping as beaver went from 100$ -10$,ect.,I logged for 15 years,had family that were sealers,I still hunt,fish ,and trap these people have been a thorn in my side for a long time,you're right they just don't think
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=Icefisher2885;1776883]One should create a page called START trophy hunting NOW and then use every one of their pictures as evidence of how awesome the activity is lol.[/QUOT

i have one like that already...its called people against peta.....I sure would love to have lots more people join, and don't be afraid to post all the pics you guys can of your awsome hunts...the pic is me with a mule deer a friend of mine shot a couple years ago...please join
Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 AM

Default hunters for eating tasty animals

My buddy created a facebook page titled hunters for eating tasty animals if anyone wants to check it out.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 AM

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hunter...6160628?ref=hl