Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-10-2013, 06:01 PM

Default spring lake condition ??

Any one been there for ice fishing ?? looking to head out this weekend for some trout/perch .Any info on the ice /fish condition is appreciated
Thanks
Old 01-10-2013, 07:14 PM

I used to love this lake but haven't since the perch killed off if I'm not mistaken access is tough now you should let us know how ya made out
Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Banned

as a member of the edm. trout club i have a key to get to the lake and cookhouse, though woth all the snow this year haven't gone out yet. here the road is very good now to the lake and hope to go out soon. probably the best trout lake near edm. though i don't think there are any perch (at least iv'e never caught one or heard of anyone catching one in 2 years). please post how you make out.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 AM

Was out there on the 7th with a couple friends, there were tons of little perch (3"-5") and a hand full of biggger ones (7"-9"). Caught a few nice bows as well. A great lake for little kids...... except for the walk in the 13" of snow.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:12 AM

do you got a key too? this is my daughters favorite place to fish and we havent been there in like five years what a treat it would be for her to hit the lake she got her first trout we are willing to walk
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
do you got a key too? this is my daughters favorite place to fish and we havent been there in like five years what a treat it would be for her to hit the lake she got her first trout we are willing to walk
$35 per year for membership to use the club house/access
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Banned

wow! very surprized to hear about the perch. first report of perch caught there in 2 years. hope everyone catches and keeps their 15 perch limit though once perch get started i hear thier impossible to stop.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Banned

i was hopeing billy17 had his lakes mixed up but i just talked to someone from the trout club and it turns out that perch are being now caught there on a reg. basis, with some bigger ones in the mix. looks like my favourite trout lake is going to see a lot more pressure this year.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:08 PM

Where can you park to get on to this lake? I went ice fishing there once a few years ago and pulled off to the side of the road and then walked on near the NE corner of the lake, through the trout club gate. When I got back one of the local home owners left a nasty note on my car, something to the effect that next time they see my car it will be towed.

I'm willing to walk a ways if there is a legal parking spot. Wouldn't mind spending a couple sundays there thinning those perchs numbers
Old 01-11-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
Where can you park to get on to this lake? I went ice fishing there once a few years ago and pulled off to the side of the road and then walked on near the NE corner of the lake, through the trout club gate. When I got back one of the local home owners left a nasty note on my car, something to the effect that next time they see my car it will be towed.

I'm willing to walk a ways if there is a legal parking spot. Wouldn't mind spending a couple sundays there thinning those perchs numbers
i always parked at the store on the southeast corner by the campground. Havnt been there for a while though..
Old 01-14-2013, 12:28 PM

300 yard out from the troutclub launch and 30-40 yard out of the left shore, ice was 15 inch in 12-15 ftw can't see the bottom saw a few perch small mostly 5-6inch .
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post

there is a VERY small public parking lot right at the large "welcome to spring lake" sign along the "ring" road. there is also a public footpath from there to the lake but it starts out narrow and steep and then crosses a large field. it's a hell of a walk with your ice fishing gear. i've stated on this forum that spring lake is very difficult to access. may i suggest you join the edm. trout club like i did which gives you access right to or on the lake. very reasonable fee and you can keep a boat there free if you like and use the large cookhouse. you can even camp there free in the summer.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
there is a VERY small public parking lot right at the large "welcome to spring lake" sign along the "ring" road. there is also a public footpath from there to the lake but it starts out narrow and steep and then crosses a large field. it's a hell of a walk with your ice fishing gear. i've stated on this forum that spring lake is very difficult to access. may i suggest you join the edm. trout club like i did which gives you access right to or on the lake. very reasonable fee and you can keep a boat there free if you like and use the large cookhouse. you can even camp there free in the summer.
Would love some info on joining the club. More than happy to pay a little to get access to a nice place to fish and camp. Any info would be great. Thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 PM

google "edmonton Trout Club"