Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2015, 11:17 PM

Default A New Day

I expect I am not the only one hoping that AO can return to some sense of civility now that the election is over. Some are going to be hurting for a while so need to be cut a bit of slack, but make no mistake ... Canadians have made a choice and belittling others will not change the result. Voters had 11 weeks to be informed and there was no shortage of options to sort through, courtesy of all parties. Passion was high on all sides, and everybody has a right to express that passion. Time to get on with life and making the best of working with what we have...this is reality. Negativity did not prevail ... nor will it prevail in the future.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:29 PM

Best wishes. This is only the beginning.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:34 PM

Default Agreed

Agreed, its too bad this election seemed to be a fight of political correctness against Harper, he stood his ground on some issues that were political sabotage but what his people wanted. He did a poor job of selling himself and his party and paid the price. That's how it works.
Canada's diverse culture showed more involvement than I've ever seen!
Old 10-19-2015, 11:38 PM
Banned

Thank you.

Change is never easy.

Embrace your values and try to propagate them.

I like fire.

Attachment 113322

Last edited by purgatory.sv; 10-22-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:44 PM
Banned

Harper should have bowed out gracefully, been in control for 10 years and that's long enough for anyone. Even the POTUS can only serve for 8. For good or bad, he did his job, served his time, he should have hung it up and let some fresh blood run the party.

There was a clear disconnect between Harper and the CPC - people didn't recognize the CPC anymore, it was just Harper.

No sense in complaining about it folks, it is what it is and you're not going to change it. But, we all know the amount of complaining coming
Old 10-20-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
I expect I am not the only one hoping that AO can return to some sense of civility now that the election is over. Some are going to be hurting for a while so need to be cut a bit of slack, but make no mistake ... Canadians have made a choice and belittling others will not change the result. Voters had 11 weeks to be informed and there was no shortage of options to sort through, courtesy of all parties. Passion was high on all sides, and everybody has a right to express that passion. Time to get on with life and making the best of working with what we have...this is reality. Negativity did not prevail ... nor will it prevail in the future.
Most sensible post I have read in a while. Agree a 100%
Old 10-20-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Harper should have bowed out gracefully, been in control for 10 years and that's long enough for anyone. Even the POTUS can only serve for 8. For good or bad, he did his job, served his time, he should have hung it up and let some fresh blood run the party.

There was a clear disconnect between Harper and the CPC - people didn't recognize the CPC anymore, it was just Harper.

No sense in complaining about it folks, it is what it is and you're not going to change it. But, we all know the amount of complaining coming
I think the CPC would have done better with someone other then Harper at the helm as well.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 10-20-2015, 12:16 AM

Thumbs up Very well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post

Arguably, one of the best AO posts of the year!

Mac
Old 10-20-2015, 12:34 AM

You are right this sucks really bad and i would not have believed it could happen you cant get ahead on sour grapes