Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-29-2014, 07:52 PM

Default Little Pond Report: Two-Toed pond?

Does anybody know anything about this little pond: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Two...9e7e060ef28fad
More importantly: Do you think there's any fish in it?

I normally wouldn't ask, but it's NAMED and on the map and everything. I even drove past it the other week and saw someone trying to fish it so now I'm super curious.

It looks like it'd be a perfect little spot to shore fish for panfish.
June 1 to Sept. 30 and Dec. 1 to Mar. 31 – Trout limit 1 under 35 cm; All Trout over 35 cm must be released; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Maggots are the only bait allowed and only in the river from Aug. 16 to Sept. 30.

So I don't forget my fishing jurisdiction.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:25 PM

there's a bunch of random lakes around where i live near by calgary, like glenbow or red deer lake, its a huge mystery.......
Old 06-29-2014, 08:43 PM

I drive by that pond every day. Never seen a fish rise..I often wonder though if it could be stocked. If fish could survive in it.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
I drive by that pond every day. Never seen a fish rise..I often wonder though if it could be stocked. If fish could survive in it.
I've done a little research with google maps and It's deep enough and big enough that it doesn't freeze through all the way during the winter.
As far as I can tell it's been one big 'body of water' for about 3 years now?

I can't find anything about stocking or regulations (I might not have looked hard enough).

It might have been hit by the bucket brigade in that time though? Who knows? What does the bucket code of conduct and ethics advise us about ponds like these?
June 1 to Sept. 30 and Dec. 1 to Mar. 31 – Trout limit 1 under 35 cm; All Trout over 35 cm must be released; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Maggots are the only bait allowed and only in the river from Aug. 16 to Sept. 30.

So I don't forget my fishing jurisdiction.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:39 PM

If your thinkin of putting a fish in there I wouldnt .. not sure what your askin here ..
Old 05-04-2016, 12:34 PM

sorry to bring up an old post, but i could have sworn i seen 2-3 people fishing this pond this morning at 7:30AM.

i have been curious about this pond since i moved to that area. any new info on it?
Old 05-06-2016, 10:35 AM

Check this website! Use the map tool and it will tell you if any waterbody in Alberta has fish in it!
http://esrd.alberta.ca/fish-wildlife...wmis-data.aspx
Old 05-07-2016, 07:50 PM

I've seen a few fisher people there as well. Not sure if any fish are in there. I doubt it. If I see anyone fishing I'll stop and ask if they've caught anything.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:21 PM

yeah, i seen people fishing there 3 days in a row last week. i also might take some time and walk around there this week to see if any fish are rising.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:10 AM

I live in Tuscany have seen 5 people fishing there at one time. I even saw some guys taking an ice auger out there in the winter!! There was post on a community Facebook page with this picture of supposedly a net one of the fishermen at the pond had with Prussian Carp in it.

I walked down there the other day to see if anyone was fishing and catching anything. No one was fishing but I did see this little fish swimming in circles near the edge. I'm not sure what kind of fish it is and it looks like it has something attached to its head which would explain the circles? Anyone have any ideas?

Old 12-30-2020, 01:40 PM

Digging out that old post again. The last reply was before the new fishing restrictions in Calgary I think. Do you know if it is still allowed to fish there, and if the stocking regulations are those of unlisted lakes in the ES1 zone?

Thanks,

Sacha