Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-28-2007, 11:32 PM

Default kinda hot in here huh?

ladies and gentalmen of the jury,I believe the bounty on my genitals has reached numbers of catastrophic proportion.I have shapened my oxe head axe ....ready for battle again.Just give me a "head" start. maybe 50 yards or so....the guys I hunt with arent good for much more than that anyway.My approach a.k.a. Apoligy,will go as follows.I AM SORRY.kinda. my approach was inapropriate and quite inmature.Higly you did what you had set out to do.you hunt ...there fore you am...applys to you.that was a nice bear. I should have put put my axe before my mouth.its was not a pesonal "shot" to be taken at any one person but at humanity its self I guess. that nice picture of the bear just set me off.my appoligies go out to every one that visits this board,(i know theres alot of you) lots of backup for the bad shots out there.hmmm...humans really are barbairians I sit here drinking this cold beer out of an aluminum can on my computer with my screen on brightest setting. my pickup sat at 11 red lights today,idiling away ,air conditioning on.Oh ya,I kill trees for a living too my husquvarna 372 XPG loves em.I'm not really sure where I'm going with this,but i have come to realize that I'm hardly perfect either. When I see a bear in the bush I'm gonna continue taking pictures,thats the difference i guess.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Banned

ok

Welcome to the board

Jamie
Old 07-29-2007, 12:31 AM

Default welcome

To the board exhondafan. As I am sure you have already found out the members of this board are very passionate about hunting and fishing. They might knock your head off one day but stand right beside you to help you when an anti hunter is in your face. I am sure you have lots of knowledge to share with us and hope you stick around to do just that.
Again welcome to the board.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Spring Grizz

Well, this was an interesting thread. My first log-on to the forum and I almost wanted to change my handle to anything but troutfly lol. Gonna go back and checkout the bear pics. Sounds like a great hunt.
I hunt, I fly fish, I C&R but also like to keep and eat the occ trout or wally or jack. You guys are quite correct, we need to stand together as hunters/anglers to beat the antis. While we all have our ideas about what is and isn't "ethical", we need to remember that the anti's troll these sites looking for disagreement in the ranks.
Like the other outdoor forums I am on, this one looks to be a wild ride too!
Gonna be fun.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:40 AM

Welcome to the board troutfly. On the occasion it can be heated but it sure has cooled since we went to registered members only being able to post. As for hunting and fishing in Alberta you won't find a more informative board around. Some of our posters are from All over Canada so information is widespread and very useful.
Again welcome to the board.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Getting to know someone

It's tough to get to know someone through these forums, but I think we're starting to know exhondafan. He likes to do things the hard way.
He makes friends the hard way (as seen here)
He hunts the hard way (sharp sticks instead of guns)
He also falls trees the hard way (Husqvarna instead of real saw)
Old 07-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Banned

Starting to like exhondafan now! I started out here, and other places, much worse than you i'm sure. Glad to see things going the way they are now!
Old 07-30-2007, 06:21 PM

My boss and her husband have had many discussions lately about the reason they should open up the grizz season again. I believe that just as many bears are being poached. 2 that i know of in the north ram.Just because you dont see bears doesnt mean their not their look for ant hills ripped apart or roots dug up.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospector View Post
It's tough to get to know someone through these forums, but I think we're starting to know exhondafan. He likes to do things the hard way.
He makes friends the hard way (as seen here)
He hunts the hard way (sharp sticks instead of guns)
He also falls trees the hard way (Husqvarna instead of real saw)

Gotta agree with the killing trees with the Huskey dig!

EX, as I said, I got off on the wrong foot also. It took me a bit of time to realize that the responses to my posts were not coming from the internet, but from actual human beings who for the most part know a hell of a lot more than I do. Starting off as an idiot can take a long time to rectify, but I believe that it be done. Apology acepted from a fellow tree killer and good luck. Any questions, just ask.

Tree
Old 07-30-2007, 10:39 PM

I have to tone it down myself being new to this forum, a lot of smart sportsman out there. It is hard to cature the emotion on here when all as you can interpret is words. Welcome aboard, I can't believe Comrie got Hilary Duff.