Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-01-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Muzzleloaders

I am thinking of purchasing an inline muzzleloader and was looking at 3 model, the TC Omega, Remington Genisis, and the CVA Wolf 209. Does anyone have any advise or recomendations. Also how would a person go about buying a gun in the US as the prices are much cheaper and bring it across the border.

BobM
Old 10-01-2007, 09:42 AM
sheephunter

Of those three the Omega no question. You can buy guns out of the U.S. but by the time you pay the brokerage fees, shipping and do all the paperwork, I doubt you'd save any money on an inexpensive gun like those you have listed. SakoAlberta posted an excellent thread on importing forearms from the U.S. in this forum...it's worth the read.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 PM

Those muzzleloaders you mentioned are probably all very good choices. I purchased one this summer and went with a Lyman Mustang Breakaway 209 Magnum in 50 cal. and so far I have been more than pleased with it. I was going to get an Omega at first till i saw this one. I can't believe how accurate it is, very impressive. Thats just my 2 cents.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:25 AM

If you are going to shoot sabots and bullets the omega hands down. all three you chose are sabot shooters but the Omega is the best.