Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-12-2021, 10:58 AM

Default Auger Oil

I need to change the oil in my 4 stroke propane auger. Looking online at one of the fishing stores, Jiffy Oil is 10.95 for a 6 ounce bottle of synthetic. CT has snowmobile oil on sale same weight, 0W-40 synthetic at 7.93 for a 32 ounce jug. Just another case of branding raising prices to an unrealistic cost! cant bitch too much about Jiffy after they replaced my fuel hose last season for free and saved me over 40 dollars. See you on the lake next week, going to be a fish every day kinda time from the looks of the weather! Mammas are getting fat, time to break some PB'S!!!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-12-2021, 01:42 PM

Went to Bass to buy oil for my Merc 4 stroke. Price was almost double what I paid for synthetic at the parts store.
Old 02-12-2021, 03:22 PM

Opti 2 for the win. Buy it at most of the outdoor man toys stores. One mix does all your toys and easy to mix. Buy the size you want and away you go and put it in any of your toys. I use the small 5l jugs so just buy the small packet that you dump in made for that amount of gas and no muss no fuss. You can buy quarts and gallons too but that would do a ton of fills as you only need a small amount. Been using it as long as I can remember and longer than I have known you and that goes way back. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I need to change the oil in my 4 stroke propane auger. Looking online at one of the fishing stores, Jiffy Oil is 10.95 for a 6 ounce bottle of synthetic. CT has snowmobile oil on sale same weight, 0W-40 synthetic at 7.93 for a 32 ounce jug. Just another case of branding raising prices to an unrealistic cost! cant bitch too much about Jiffy after they replaced my fuel hose last season for free and saved me over 40 dollars. See you on the lake next week, going to be a fish every day kinda time from the looks of the weather! Mammas are getting fat, time to break some PB'S!!!
Old 02-13-2021, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Opti 2 for the win. Buy it at most of the outdoor man toys stores. One mix does all your toys and easy to mix. Buy the size you want and away you go and put it in any of your toys. I use the small 5l jugs so just buy the small packet that you dump in made for that amount of gas and no muss no fuss. You can buy quarts and gallons too but that would do a ton of fills as you only need a small amount. Been using it as long as I can remember and longer than I have known you and that goes way back. LOL.
Is that just two stroke oil or do they make four stroke oil too as the OP was looking for.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblejumper01 View Post
Is that just two stroke oil or do they make four stroke oil too as the OP was looking for.
I was thinking the same thing. I got a new propane auger this winter and sold my gas Jiffy. Propane takes only oil, so no mixing with gas.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Opti 2 wouldn't be a win in this case.

It's a propane auger.

The oil is for the crankcase not for mixing.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

It's a propane auger.

See my post above...
Old 02-14-2021, 08:23 AM

I guess not. Missed the propane in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

It's a propane auger.