Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-15-2012, 01:15 PM

Default Draw Priority Question

I'am wondering if my draw priority is transferable from one draw code to the next.. For example, If I have a draw priority of 6 in code 41 can I carry that priority to code 21 the next year and not lose my 6 year priority...?

Hope this isnt too confusing guys haha

Cheers!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:25 PM

No!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
No!
im laughing my arse off picturing your expression as you typed that....

remi...its explained in the draw booklets. if you dont have one, last years should still be available wherever you get licenses.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 PM

Thats what I thought... Thanks elkhunter11!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi3006 View Post
Thats what I thought... Thanks elkhunter11!
Now elkhunter happens to be right but when you ask a question and someone just says "no" you are pretty trusting to just believe them. Isb gave a better answer in telling you where to look for the answer.

Some might even quote from the draw book where it explains the answer to you.

elkhunter has a history of getting a bit worked up when people ask a simple question that usually has a simple answer that can be found fairly simply if one reads the right parts of the "Guide to the hunting regulations" or in this case the draw booklet.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 02-15-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
elkhunter has a history of getting a bit worked up when people ask a simple question that usually has a simple answer that can be found fairly simply if one reads the right parts of the "Guide to the hunting regulations" or in this case the draw booklet.
Not worked up, rather not going to waste my time going into detail just because someone can't be bothered to at least make an effort to find out the answer for themselves. Many people ask questions that are spelled out very clearly in the regulations, if a person makes any effort at all to read them.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 PM

maybe elkhunter can quit being such a dick
Old 02-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bill View Post
maybe elkhunter can quit being such a dick
Nice 7th post...he answered the question honestly and truthfully ....and you call him that????....nice....real nice.......
Old 02-15-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Not worked up, rather not going to waste my time going into detail just because someone can't be bothered to at least make an effort to find out the answer for themselves. Many people ask questions that are spelled out very clearly in the regulations, if a person makes any effort at all to read them.

Maybe the guy is on a mobile phone in the bush somewhere and does not have the oppertunity to get the required reg/ draw books. I know that myself I am very often on this site in remote areas......just a thought.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:02 PM

I just thought it was easy and quick, I didn't realize you guys thought it was such a bother to answer yes or no questions haha.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi3006 View Post
I just thought it was easy and quick, I didn't realize you guys thought it was such a bother to answer yes or no questions haha.
X2....quick and easy and accurate answer...

LC
Old 02-15-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Maybe the guy is on a mobile phone in the bush somewhere and does not have the oppertunity to get the required reg/ draw books. I know that myself I am very often on this site in remote areas......just a thought.
If you have access to this forum, you also have access to the draw booklet online.

http://www.mywildalberta.com/Hunting...ntingDraws.pdf

The problem with people relying on asking other people about the rules and regulations, is that they become dependent on asking other people, so they never bother to read the rules for themselves. Of course there are rules that they will never think to ask about, and as result , they eventually either mess up their draws, and then blame the system, or they do something illegal and then complain that they didn't know the rules when they get caught.
If you actually make the effort to read the rules for yourself, you will learn small details that are important, but that you never thought to ask about. If you read the rules, and have a problem interpreting them, I am more than happy to help you figure it out, but it's a good idea to attempt to read the rules for yourself first.

As for those people complaining about my answer to the question, was it not correct? Could you not understand it?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:55 PM

If it's such a problem answering questins DON'T do it! If no one responds I will check on it when I have time to look into it....... I thought the point to a hunting forum was so it can be used as a "TOOL"?? You spend more time b$$$$ing then just answering the question!!! It's no wonder so few post on this site!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
If it's such a problem answering questins DON'T do it! If no one responds I will check on it when I have time to look into it....... I thought the point to a hunting forum was so it can be used as a "TOOL"?? You spend more time b$$$$ing then just answering the question!!! It's no wonder so few post on this site!
Actually, I answered your question very quickly and accurately,and it took very little effort. However a couple of people seemed to take exception to my answer, hence the longer,and more time consuming reply to them.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:28 PM

Reminds me of when I was young. I'd ask my parents a question, could have been simple, could have been difficult, no matter. The answer usually was that we have a thousand dollar set of encyclopedia's, they're not for decoration, put them to use. Seemed harsh at the time for a question either one could have answered quickly. But you know what? Those books were real helpful, all you had to do was give a little effort.

Tullfan
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 AM

This thread is the perfect example of stressed out people taking shots at each other because they are bored to death because they can't be out hunting.... C'mon SEPTEMBER!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Nice 7th post...he answered the question honestly and truthfully ....and you call him that????....nice....real nice.......
no mirrors in your house ?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius View Post
no mirrors in your house ?
your post history and attitude says you arent as new as you seem.....what was your others name(s) before being banned?