Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 AM

Default CZ 455 vs. Browning T-Bolt

I am looking to buy a 22LR and on paper, I think I have it narrowed down to a CZ455 or T-bolt. Anyone with good/bad experiences please share.

At the end of the day, if similar comments on both, it's gonna depend how each feels for me.
Thanks!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:31 AM

I have owned several CZ rifles, and I still own two. I much prefer the CZ rimfires over the T-Bolt, and I prefer the CZ452 over the new 455. The CZs are very well made, and tend to be quite accurate. If you want something unique check out the 452 Full Stock.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:42 AM

the fit and finish on the CZ's are fantastic.....they are super accurate and reliable....beautiful wood and nice deep blueing.

Ive only briefly handled the Synthetic stocked Tbolt and never fired one so i cant comment on them....I cant wrap my head around the straight bolt throw...just seems weird...might work just fine...im sure some Tbolt guys will let you know shortly here.

Ive been switching all my rimfires out for CZ's if that means anything....Ive sold Remingtons, Marlins and Savages in favor of CZ's in the past year, ever since i shot a nice 452 ive been hooked.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:46 AM

The potential benefit of the 455 is that I can change the barrel to a .17HMR and play with that as well. Might be more gimmick than useful? But then I can say I only bought one gun.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:55 AM

I have owned CZs and T-bolts. I still have the CZs, and sold the T-Bolts. Only rimfire I like better is my Anschutzs. Anschutz are a litle more but not a lot. Both kick Browning T-bolt, old model and new model for accuracy, triggers etc. Fit and finnish on the browning is pretty good. Do not like all the plastic on the new model T-Bolts. The old T-Bolts are all steel.

Intercahngeable barrel 455 I have never tried so can't say if they are as accurate as the old 452s. The Sako Quad had interchangeable barrels and was VERY accurate so if CZ made these right there is no reason they should not shoot great. Since you have to re-sight every time you change barrels,or have a seperate pre-sighted scope on a quick detach system for each barrel, I prefer on gun for each caliber. Makes switching calibers while hunting far quicker and easier.

T-Bolts are okay, but if I have to have one or the other, would definitely get the CZ.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I have owned CZs and T-bolts. I still have the CZs, and sold the T-Bolts. Only rimfire I like better is my Anschutzs. Anschutz are a litle more but not a lot.
I could not agree more, I like my Brno and CZ rimfires, but my favorites are my Anschutz 54 match rifles. The 54s have great triggers, and are extremely accurate, but truth be told, the much lower priced 64 actions can also be very accurate. The Weatherby rimfires built on the Anschutz 64 action can also be found at good discounts, and they are the equal of the 64 rifles actually sold by Anschutz.I have accumulated too many 22lr rifles, so I have recently sold a couple, and still have one listed for sale, but my collection will likely always contain at least a couple Anschutz 54s, and a CZ452 or two.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Bits View Post
The potential benefit of the 455 is that I can change the barrel to a .17HMR and play with that as well.
You too huh? Can't speak to the T-bolt but my 455 does everything I expect it to.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=104231

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 03-27-2012, 11:52 AM

CZ's are great out of the box. Love my HMR but the cost of ammo has made it a backup gun for my 22-250.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Banned

Nothing against Browning but I think you do end up paying more for the name than with CZ.
I've had 3 CZ's and I've always felt that the cost was justified by the quality and performance.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM

Hey, Rod1960, Are you happy with the heavy barrel? How much difference in improved accuracy does a heavy barrel make considering it's .22LR and .17HMR?
Old 03-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insurgus View Post
CZ's are great out of the box. Love my HMR but the cost of ammo has made it a backup gun for my 22-250.
That's part of my reasoning behind the combo. Shot the HMR on special occasions, but generally putz away with cheap 22.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 PM

I've got a 455 combo and I love it. I mount the .17 barrel when I want extreme accuracy at 100 yards or further and I can still use the .22 barrel for closer shooting on the cheap. It only takes a couple of minutes to change barrels then it's just a matter of sighting in the scope. I'm using a Bushnell Banner 6 X 24 X40 and it works great on this combo. I've never shot a Browning but I've got 2 Remington and a Marlin rimfire and they aren't in the same class as the CZ.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM

I've owned both. The CZ is a far better rifle. The plastic enclosed trigger group on the browning is adjustable but not by much and it dosen't take out the creep, poorly designed IMO. The CZ can be tuned very nicely with a trigger kit costing less than $20. Had problems with the clip in the T-bolt, the design is prone to failing to feed.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:53 PM

CZ nuff said
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Bits View Post
Hey, Rod1960, Are you happy with the heavy barrel? How much difference in improved accuracy does a heavy barrel make considering it's .22LR and .17HMR?
Absolutely! I haven't done a serious range report yet with the .17hmr but it's on my short to do list. I'll post the results if you're interested.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me