Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM

Default Looking for....

Hey guys I'm new to lethbridge and I love to hunt and shoot but being a BC Boy I am new to the hunting game out here in Alberta and well its kinda depressing not knowing where to go LOL!!

So if anyone is willing to take a guy out I'd be really happy :-)

Firearms only have two enemies - rust and politicians" author unknown
Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 AM

I am in the same boat as you except I have lived in this area all my life but am brand new to hunting this year and have no idea where to start.

I am lucky enough to have a few buddies that are showing me around but I would like to find some spots of my own.

Getting permission seems to be the toughest part for me right now.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:00 AM

I hear ya .. I had some prettty wicked hunting grounds in BC LOL!! now I have none its a shell Shock for a guy thats been hunting every year for 30 years and I am not ready to give it up yet.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:31 PM

Don't hold ur breath for hunting permission, it is very difficult in parts of alberta!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:35 PM

I found it extremely difficult when I started about 4 years ago it gets easier but I still like to get out (during) the week to some crown land while no one is around.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:49 PM

john its scott here, ur 7mm-08 is shootin good!... pm all give u some places to go.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:09 PM

get a county land map and start asking....I haven't found getting access to be hard down here at all. most have been welcoming and happy as long as you are polite, remember to close gates...say please and thanks...
Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseHunter 667 View Post
Don't hold ur breath for hunting permission, it is very difficult in parts of alberta!
Gee those are enlighting words of wisdom thanks

Old 10-02-2012, 07:14 AM

Probably late for getting much permission, look for some crown land to go on
Old 10-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS View Post
Gee those are enlighting words of wisdom thanks
Yeah sorry did"t want to sound so negative, but yeah it can be difficult this time of year because most land owners are combining, its not getting permission thats hard its actully getting in contact with ppl that"s hard. Knocked on so many doors this year and called alot of ppl to never really get any sort of answer from anyone.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:32 PM

Default hunting area

It is getting harder and harder find somewhere to hunt around here. I have been hunting the same area of land for 15 years and always had permission well to my big surprise the land owner has shut down his land and boy am i disappointed i asked why and he said he was finally sick of the trespassers and the crap that goes with them and he is also tired of the pressure from the surrounding landowners that dont allow hunting and have been after him to shut his land down well he finally did it. Big disappointment i tell you seeing i was hoping this year for the huge nontypical whitie that lives on his land. All it takes is a couple of bad hunting and it is wrecked for all the good hunters
Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterwoman66 View Post
It is getting harder and harder find somewhere to hunt around here. I have been hunting the same area of land for 15 years and always had permission well to my big surprise the land owner has shut down his land and boy am i disappointed i asked why and he said he was finally sick of the trespassers and the crap that goes with them and he is also tired of the pressure from the surrounding landowners that dont allow hunting and have been after him to shut his land down well he finally did it. Big disappointment i tell you seeing i was hoping this year for the huge nontypical whitie that lives on his land. All it takes is a couple of bad hunting and it is wrecked for all the good hunters

Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM

If you still have that .280, i would love to see her again.Might even show you around for that privilege.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:44 PM

i am also looking for some area out by westlock any suggestions?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterwoman66 View Post
My partner hunted this one peice for 8 yrs give or take, then last year was shut down cause some *****hats shot up the pivot. It sucks hearing about that kind of thing. But remember its not the "hunters" that are causing issues its the morons just looking for stuff to shoot