Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2008, 02:05 AM

Default Minors FAC license

Hello, My Grandparents live on a farm out by Strathmore, just east of Calgary. I go shooting out there with my uncle because he has a license and I just shoot a 22 with him which is legal if hes in arms length of me.

So I was interested in getting my Minors FAC license, I live in Calgary AB, and I was wondering where I could get this, how much it would cost and I know that you can't buy a gun but you can go shooting buy yourself. So is it legal if I get someone to buy me a 22 and then I posses it? Im pretty sure thats okay but please let me know, also just to let everyone know I'm 13 years old, almost 14.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Gone Hunting

see your PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:20 AM

Go to the federal Firearms Centre's Fact Sheet on users under 18 years of age. You will note that you need to take the federal Firearms Safety Course. If you haven't done so, you can by contacting the Alberta Hunter Education Instructors Association (AHEIA). They have a 'Centre of Excellence' in Calgary. Generally, these courses are free but they do appreciate a donation to cover the costs of materials, etc. They will also be able to tell you how to obtain a Minor's Licence in Alberta.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Blarney Stone BSer

FAC?????
There has'nt been any of those around these parts for over 10 years.
You need a Licence now.
Or in this case a Permit.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketright View Post
So is it legal if I get someone to buy me a 22 and then I posses it? Im pretty sure thats okay but please let me know, also just to let everyone know I'm 13 years old, almost 14.
We had a discussion on this not so long ago.. search the forum with "PAL for Minors" in the title...

In fact, don't ;-)
Here's the link:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=16321

Frans
Old 07-01-2008, 02:20 PM

Sorry I meant to post this here.

Okay so, I contacted a site, heres the link http://www.firearmstraining.ca/calga...ndomancina.htm

And I called them and they said its 99 dollars then 20 dollars for a textbook. SO I would go in, the earliest is July 27 and then if I pass the test then I would have to apply for a license which would be around 4-6 weeks, so is this true and are there any other sites?