Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-22-2014, 11:46 AM

Default Ipilot help

Hi all, im thinking about purchasing the Ipilot for my Minnkota power drive v2. The last couple times that I stopped in to ask questions about it and what all i needed for it to function the sales people didnt know anything about them. I was hoping to get some feed back from somebody that already uses the ipiolet and what is all required to run it. Do I need a fish finder with gps built into it or can i use the cheap one that came with the boat? Or is it built into the piece that goes on top of the minnkota? Does it work as good as they claim? Any ffed back would be appreciated, Thanks
Old 06-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmega View Post
Hi all, im thinking about purchasing the Ipilot for my Minnkota power drive v2. The last couple times that I stopped in to ask questions about it and what all i needed for it to function the sales people didnt know anything about them. I was hoping to get some feed back from somebody that already uses the ipiolet and what is all required to run it. Do I need a fish finder with gps built into it or can i use the cheap one that came with the boat? Or is it built into the piece that goes on top of the minnkota? Does it work as good as they claim? Any ffed back would be appreciated, Thanks
You get everything you thing you need when you buy the Ipilot, I changed my V2 over. It is the top plate you change and some minor wiring. The GPS is built into the unit, nothing to do with the Sonar. You may have universal sonar on the V2, but that has nothing to do with the Ipilot.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:13 PM

I added the ipilot to my V2 this spring, was a simple painless process. Had the unit installed and ready to use in under 20 minutes. I bought my unit at TFH, price was as good if not better than I could have bought online.

The ipilot is the best upgrade I have made, use it all the time while fishing. The Spot Lock and ability to record trolling patterns is excellent. Once I find an area the fish are in I set a path and just let the ipilot do the work while I fish the day away
Old 06-24-2014, 02:04 PM

Thanks guys, I will stop by the fishing hole and see if I can get one from them.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:27 PM

As mentioned above, it's a very simple installation. This video made by Minn Kota explains it all in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAmROovBLk