Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-25-2014, 08:55 PM

Post South side Edmonton Hunting and Fishing?

For anyone that has any information
I just moved to Edmonton, and am looking for dirt roads/trails to hunt partridge, areas to hunt deer, and good lakes to fish in.
Specific locations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Not sure how this forum works, so I guess reply or message me or email me at caitlinfinch08@hotmail.com. Thanks again

Last edited by MsFinch; 08-25-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:46 PM

Getting hunting permission close to Edmonton is a struggle....even for folks who have lived here their whole lives.

For that reason I expect you to get few replies to your ad...but don't fret, if you do some homework and knock on some doors you just might get lucky.

Good luck!

LC
Old 08-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Banned

Most people will just tell you start knocking get a county map like everyone else has to do my friend good luck!

Call the county office you want to hunt get a map and scout!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:28 PM

Ok thank you (Lefty-Canuck). Any info on fishing by chance?
Old 08-26-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesilva View Post
Most people will just tell you start knocking get a county map like everyone else has to do my friend good luck!

Call the county office you want to hunt get a map and scout!
How would I know which county office? I don't know anything on hunting rules out here, as you can pretty much hunt anywhere in ontario that you can find.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:48 PM

Best way to educate yourself is to pick up the hunting regulations and read thru them. You can pick these up readily at any Canadian Tire. Will take honess of your time to educate yourself first hand. Then you will nned to do the leg work to get permission on private land, otherwise best to call local Parks division on hunting in provincial parks and protected areas. edm 780-427-3582.

As far as fishing, many fishing stores have updates on certain lakes that may be fishing good. As far as anyones honey holes, most lips are sealed. You cant go wrong with fishing Pigeon Lake for walleye/pike. Inside the fishing regs you will also not what lakes or ponds are stocked.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Best way to educate yourself is to pick up the hunting regulations and read thru them. You can pick these up readily at any Canadian Tire. Will take honess of your time to educate yourself first hand. Then you will nned to do the leg work to get permission on private land, otherwise best to call local Parks division on hunting in provincial parks and protected areas. edm 780-427-3582.

As far as fishing, many fishing stores have updates on certain lakes that may be fishing good. As far as anyones honey holes, most lips are sealed. You cant go wrong with fishing Pigeon Lake for walleye/pike. Inside the fishing regs you will also not what lakes or ponds are stocked.
I've got all the regulation books for hunting and fishing, just wish it would tell me exactly where to hunt what. For example, partridge hunting is a yearly thing for me, and I have no idea where to go or even where to go to "ask". The whole asking thing is new to me.
I tried wabamun lake, caught one pike by the bridge - would you know if that lake is good for fishing in a boat?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:38 PM

No regulation booklet is going to tell you exactly where to go to hunt each species. Can you imagine how many people would show up at the same location, if that were the case? Everyone would be upset to have so many people in one location, and there would soon be no game left at that location. As to wanting to shoot partridge, are you actually after gray partridge, or are you after ruffed grouse? My suggestion would be to join a fish&game club, where you can meet hunters that know the area, and may be willing to help you.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
No regulation booklet is going to tell you exactly where to go to hunt each species. Can you imagine how many people would show up at the same location, if that were the case? Everyone would be upset to have so many people in one location, and there would soon be no game left at that location. As to wanting to shoot partridge, are you actually after gray partridge, or are you after ruffed grouse? My suggestion would be to join a fish&game club, where you can meet hunters that know the area, and may be willing to help you.
Ok, thank you. I'm looking at any grouse. Now for the counties, how do I go abouts with those? And would I join a fish and game club online or?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:55 PM

Probably the first thing the op should do is complete the Alberta hunters Ed. This may answer many of his questions.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:00 PM

How would you go about hunting in Ontario for certain species?? If you know the rules already, how did you go about finding certain species of animals to hunt? find lakes to fish?

Any reason you turned off your receive admin emails in your control panel purposely.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:13 PM

It's a ways to go but there are lots of partridge around Grande Cache area and really good trout fishing in Pierre Grey Lakes. Also good trout fishing at Carson Lake west of Whitecourt.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Banned

Such an open ended question from some one who has participated in another province.

Have you asked your partners or mentors from you place of origin for information?

All that aside I would contact the Government of Alberta web site?

Or :

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/
Old 08-26-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Probably the first thing the op should do is complete the Alberta hunters Ed. This may answer many of his questions.
I did my hunters course and firearms in ontario, and I'm a her Thank you though.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
How would you go about hunting in Ontario for certain species?? If you know the rules already, how did you go about finding certain species of animals to hunt? find lakes to fish?

Any reason you turned off your receive admin emails in your control panel purposely.
My boyfriend mainly showed me good areas for birds and deer and moose. We lived in the country also, so we had the option to shoot birds or anything right across the street.
Also, I don't know anything about turning any messages on or off on here.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow dog View Post
It's a ways to go but there are lots of partridge around Grande Cache area and really good trout fishing in Pierre Grey Lakes. Also good trout fishing at Carson Lake west of Whitecourt.
Thank you! Are there dirt roads or trails near there do birds too or?
Old 08-26-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow dog View Post
Have you tried the north Saskatchewan river for fish? Or wizard and jack fish lake?

Tags
fishing, hunting, partridge, trails