Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2014, 10:17 PM

Default Sasquatch

Let me start by saying i am sober. You guys beat the bush as much as it can be beat...hunting, scouting, fishing has anyone seen, heard, smelled anything that might say it could be? The reason I bring it up is a friend of mine is sure its real, and she is not a crackpot.....I am almost sure she not.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:22 PM

There is a thread that people tell their creepy stories - including a bunch of Bigfoot experiences… I will have a look for it for ya.

Boom. ------------------> http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=174277
Old 11-15-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottik9 View Post
Let me start by saying i am sober. You guys beat the bush as much as it can be beat...hunting, scouting, fishing has anyone seen, heard, smelled anything that might say it could be? The reason I bring it up is a friend of mine is sure its real, and she is not a crackpot.....I am almost sure she not.
Nope never. I won't ever again wear a Ghillie suit in the bush during hunting season though. Never know when Cletus and Bubba suddenly spot bigfoot and open fire.
Besides, If there is a Bigfoot out there, and they are smart enough not to get shot by gun or camera, or leave a trace of hair or scat for a DNA sample, they are sure as hell too smart to spend the winter in Alberta.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:50 PM

Here is something we found a ways in off the beaten path this year. I think it was a sheep Hunter with bad blisters walking around in bare feet. They went up and down the trail for a mile or so. Who knows. Haha.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:00 PM

Nope.. Reality is there would have to be hundreds or even thousands to maintain a population ie; baby= 2 parents= 4 grandparents on so on.
With all the hunters, fishermen, hikers, and so on.. no one has ever found a body.. or DNA that wasn't botched. It's a great story, and it provides the "scare" humans crave, however, IMO it's just that, stories. I don't want to take away people's own personal experiences and what they saw.. But in my experience in life, almost everything can be logically explained..

Cheers.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:07 PM

Nope spent most of my life outdoors 20 years in the bush lots of nightshift always said if its out there i should have seen it, no Sasquatch no ufo's yet
Old 11-16-2014, 07:30 AM

Ya stories used to have steam in the old days. But now thousands of people in the bush every day with cell phone cameras, trail cameras and not a single credible photo or proof? I think the sasquach stories need to be retired LOL.

My Best buddy:
Old 11-16-2014, 07:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Campfire stories...makes for an uneasy sleep and then you hear/see things and then you have a partner like me that loves to stir the pot and play pranks, make prints etc...good stories though!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-16-2014, 09:16 AM

Default Real

Plenty of good folk using this forum have seen them and are too scared of ridicule to comment. I saw one run across the old Simpson Timber haul road 30 years ago between Blue Ridge and the Swan Hills highway. I refused to believe what I had seen. The guy with me even asked if that could be a Sasquatch. I told him there was no such thing and it had to be a man. I was wrong. There is 500 reported sightings a year to the BFRO and I question a lot of people myself. There is not a lot of them and they inhabit some of the roughest country out there. Forestry is aware of them and one of their people [now deceased] use to speak openly about them. People who hear horrible screams in the night always assume Cougar. Guess again. Great big grass beds under a tree and weird looking tree structures in the middle of nowhere are some of the signs they leave. This subject brings out the worst in people and will likely go south in a hurry. If anybody knows something or has some evidence feel free to message me.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:25 AM

Not to my knowledge.
But if the Blue Bombers could beat the Stamps then a Sasquatch is certainly a possibility
Old 11-16-2014, 09:26 AM

Lol!
Old 11-16-2014, 01:00 PM

Real problem is we can get as many realistic photos on trail cams or whatever, how do we know it isn't costume.
DNA doesn't really hold weight either because if we had a DNA sample it would have to be compared to.......well another squatch......well then I guess we would know they are real. Plain and simple last option for is body.
Undecided on this for time being.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:14 PM

Kokanee Beer has offered a $1,000,000 reward for anybody who can provide conclusive proof of the existence of Sasquatch without harming him. I recently retired and the reward factored heavily into my decision as to whether I had enough money to retire. Now you guys are questioning his actual existence. I say nonsense, of course he exists and I am going to keep looking.

Grandma got run over by a reindeer
Walkin' home from our house Christmas eve
You can say there's no such thing as Santa
But as for me and Grandpa, we believe
Old 11-16-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
Real problem is we can get as many realistic photos on trail cams or whatever, how do we know it isn't costume.
DNA doesn't really hold weight either because if we had a DNA sample it would have to be compared to.......well another squatch......well then I guess we would know they are real. Plain and simple last option for is body.
Undecided on this for time being.
DNA doesn't hold weight?!??... That is ridiculous. First off, DNA has disproved every single attempt at a hoax. Second you do not require a living species to compare the DNA to.. If a sample of DNA was ever obtained in North America which tested "unknown fragment/species) that held particular nitrogenous bases that were similar to other primates or has nuclear acids similar to a human make up, then that right there would prove that some form of an unknown living Primate exists... However....as mentioned in my previous post as well as others... No one has ever provided definitive proof other then terrible pictures and stories... and no one ever will.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:26 PM

I've never seen any evidence that would make me go hmmmm...?

Until then I'm a non-believer.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Banned

Haven't you seen the Jack Links jerky commercials.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post

Here is something we found a ways in off the beaten path this year. I think it was a sheep Hunter with bad blisters walking around in bare feet. They went up and down the trail for a mile or so. Who knows. Haha.

You must have been hiking in Mick Dodge's territory.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 11-16-2014, 04:23 PM

A customer of mine who hunts bears and all other sorts of big game and who is a respected researcher for NRC in Saskatoon....told me with a straight face that him and his wife saw what they believe to be a Sasquatch near Prince George, I thought he was joking but it was clear he was not.

LC
Old 11-16-2014, 04:37 PM

Had to google that guy Mick Dodge, Red Bullets. Maybe they filmed something up here. There are some strange characters out there I guess! He kind of looks like a Sasquatch.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:44 PM

Some of the stories of Clayton Mack, a native grizzly bear guide from Bella Coola, talk about Sasquatch. Pretty good stories. If you see the book "Grizzlies and White Guys" pick it up. Good book. They had pretty strong beliefs that they exist or did exist. Who knows I guess.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:01 PM

As it has been said, through all of the years this myth has been around not one peice of concrete evidence exists.
On any given day year round, year after year there are hundreds of hunters and other outdoor enthusiasts in remote regions of our province. With these people are phones capable of taking high quality photos, many also carry cameras. There are also thousands of trail cameras in place. Yet there are no photos of this creature.
Until there is scientific evidence i am not a believer.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:33 PM

There are so many trail cams today, you have to look around before you have a dump in the bush. The trail cam pics posted on this site are amazing.....I can't get over the things you see.

If there isn't a trail cam pic by now, they don't exist.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwhiskey View Post
they are sure as hell too smart to spend the winter in Alberta.

Meh, they den up, pretty much hibernate during the winter.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
A customer of mine who hunts bears and all other sorts of big game and who is a respected researcher for NRC in Saskatoon....told me with a straight face that him and his wife saw what they believe to be a Sasquatch near Prince George, I thought he was joking but it was clear he was not.

LC

My uncle has lived in and around Burns Lake B.C. most of his life. He tells of a story coming home in the early am on a lonely highway, rounding a bend and eye glare in his head lights. It didn't seem right from animals he has seen in the night. Turned around and shone his lights in the corner, what ever he saw was tall and gone. He said the level where the eyes would have been were way taller than any moose he has ever seen. This was a long time ago, 30 some years.

Personally, I think they could be out there, would love to see a track or one. I also think they must hibernate like a bear and of course live in the remote wilderness. I have a old booklet of Sasquatch stories from the early 1900's. Picked it up years ago at a park gift shop somewhere. Cool to read, some make you think
Old 11-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
A customer of mine who hunts bears and all other sorts of big game and who is a respected researcher for NRC in Saskatoon....told me with a straight face that him and his wife saw what they believe to be a Sasquatch near Prince George, I thought he was joking but it was clear he was not.LC
Those are the stories that make me wonder... you hear of, or read of people experienced in the outdoors, who are clearly shaken up or traumatised by what they believe they have seen/heard. There are lots of those stories out there.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUX4R6pSGVU
Old 11-16-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1602 View Post
DNA doesn't hold weight?!??... That is ridiculous. First off, DNA has disproved every single attempt at a hoax. Second you do not require a living species to compare the DNA to.. If a sample of DNA was ever obtained in North America which tested "unknown fragment/species) that held particular nitrogenous bases that were similar to other primates or has nuclear acids similar to a human make up, then that right there would prove that some form of an unknown living Primate exists... However....as mentioned in my previous post as well as others... No one has ever provided definitive proof other then terrible pictures and stories... and no one ever will.
Sorry you were offended by that. I don't have all them big words there to back me up. I guess my basics method of deduction went way over your head. I won't even try and explain its to basic.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:37 PM

Ya KBF, I looked at that again and it came off a bit aggressive,
Not intended that way. My apologies.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:43 PM

They are meat eaters too. Note the primitive weapon.

Last edited by petew; 11-16-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:44 PM

The most curious fact about these creatures is that legends of their existence date back thousands of years through many indigenous cultures on many different continents. That is a difficult matter to discount.