Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 09-27-2016, 01:51 PM

Default cabelas

Just thought I'd share my experience with cabelas, bought a 9.9ft 5 weight 4 piece rod in july, bringing in a 14 inch rainbow and the rod snapped midway up the piece before the tip, took it back and they swapped it for a new one straight away, great customer service, couldn't say the same for the fishin hole, had a problem with one of their rods they told me to contact the manufacturer
Old 09-27-2016, 02:08 PM

What brand of rod? One of their own? Or did they swap you out a Sage or Orvis right then and there? If one of their own, immediate replacement would be expected as there is no manufacturer to go to. If the latter, surprising, and wonderful.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
What brand of rod? One of their own? Or did they swap you out a Sage or Orvis right then and there? If one of their own, immediate replacement would be expected as there is no manufacturer to go to. If the latter, surprising, and wonderful.
Yeah, same questions for me too. Fishin Hole is great but they are not the manufacturers. They have taken certain rods for me and sent them in but I pay the frees when it is time to get it back. Which is fine by me.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:17 PM

Cabelas rods they swap over the counter but if u bought a sage from them guess what no over the counter service. Sage charges $80usd for each piece replaced
Old 09-27-2016, 11:59 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goggin View Post
Just thought I'd share my experience with cabelas, bought a 9.9ft 5 weight 4 piece rod in july, bringing in a 14 inch rainbow and the rod snapped midway up the piece before the tip, took it back and they swapped it for a new one straight away, great customer service, couldn't say the same for the fishin hole, had a problem with one of their rods they told me to contact the manufacturer
That's good to hear, I too have not had issues with them.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...