Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-17-2017, 12:23 PM
jegermiester jegermiester is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 50
Default Fishing is a bear at Bearspaw!

Just thought I'd do a quick post about my fishing experiences at the Bearspaw Reservoir so far into the 2016/17 hard water season.

There's been days where I haven't had a bite in 6 hours and then other days where it's been better. Overall, I'd say this is a pretty finicky fishery from a stand point of the number of bites or fish that you will catch.....but if you are persistent and stay patient you will catch a few like the ones below:

The jegermiester :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017 Pics 002.jpg (71.0 KB, 610 views)
File Type: jpg 2017 Pics 011.jpg (78.1 KB, 574 views)
File Type: jpg 2017 Pics 015.jpg (77.1 KB, 647 views)
  #2  
Old 02-17-2017, 12:35 PM
GreenCanada's Avatar
GreenCanada GreenCanada is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegermiester View Post
Just thought I'd do a quick post about my fishing experiences at the Bearspaw Reservoir so far into the 2016/17 hard water season.

There's been days where I haven't had a bite in 6 hours and then other days where it's been better. Overall, I'd say this is a pretty finicky fishery from a stand point of the number of bites or fish that you will catch.....but if you are persistent and stay patient you will catch a few like the ones below:

The jegermiester :P
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... or correct me if I'm wrong, but both of those brown trout appear to have been poached. They are well over the 35 cm limit, even if you were fishing with a bud (so you could keep 2).

From the Regs (http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/es1.html):

Bearspaw Reservoir
Open all year Lake Trout limit 3; Other Trout limit 1 under 35 cm; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Bait, except bait fish, allowed.

Nice lakers, but please make sure you read and understand the Regs before harvesting oversized trout (other than lake trout).

Thanks,
__________________
GreenCanada

finally, the earth swung around
  #3  
Old 02-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Evil69 Evil69 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: High River AB
Posts: 221
Default

whoops
  #4  
Old 02-17-2017, 01:59 PM
DiabeticKripple's Avatar
DiabeticKripple DiabeticKripple is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Deer / Calgary
Posts: 4,704
Default

Hopefully they weren't out of bearspaw!
  #5  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:08 PM
trophybook trophybook is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pigeon Lake
Posts: 477
Default

Bragging wile breaking the law, I hope F&W catch you and make a example of you. There is no excuse
  #6  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:16 PM
ericlin0122 ericlin0122 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 492
Default

fail of the year for sure lol
  #7  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:40 PM
SNAPFisher SNAPFisher is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
Bragging wile breaking the law, I hope F&W catch you and make a example of you. There is no excuse
Pretty easy to catch when it is posted for all to see with photographic evidence.
  #8  
Old 02-18-2017, 09:43 AM
Fishslayer99's Avatar
Fishslayer99 Fishslayer99 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 757
Default How to delete post?

This stuff never gets old.
__________________
I have been thinking of three things I would rather do than fishing...
#1 win the lottery (so I could fish everyday)
#2 & 3 still thinking.....
  #9  
Old 02-18-2017, 09:53 AM
.257Weatherby .257Weatherby is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Near YVR
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil69 View Post
whoops
yup, appears to be the 11:30 knucklehead post of the morning.
Rob
__________________
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men & women stand ready in the day/night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
RIP Pte Terry J Street
  #10  
Old 02-19-2017, 09:48 AM
Dragless Dragless is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 331
Default

Those regs are a bit wacky whi the heck wants to keep 1 13" trout there probably in the same year class as those 16" ones... lol.
  #11  
Old 02-19-2017, 11:33 AM
craig82 craig82 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 194
Default

Too funny.
  #12  
Old 02-19-2017, 04:44 PM
Map Maker Map Maker is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red Deer
Posts: 872
Default

big deal. He made a mistake.

a poacher is someone who does it on purpose.

i bet i know the real reason you calgary fishermen are lynching him.
  #13  
Old 02-19-2017, 04:51 PM
bbbyro's Avatar
bbbyro bbbyro is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post
big deal. He made a mistake.

a poacher is someone who does it on purpose.

i bet i know the real reason you calgary fishermen are lynching him.
Bwhaaaa... to funny
  #14  
Old 02-19-2017, 10:10 PM
GreenCanada's Avatar
GreenCanada GreenCanada is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post
big deal. He made a mistake.

a poacher is someone who does it on purpose.

i bet i know the real reason you calgary fishermen are lynching him.
You're wrong, but that's okay. Ignorance isn't a defence. Let's just say he harvested two trout, in contravention of the Wildlife Act. Is that better?

Maybe you can educate us, what is the reason we are crying foul, besides the obvious violations?
__________________
GreenCanada

finally, the earth swung around
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.