Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-01-2019, 01:07 PM

Default Good people

Quote:
Two brothers see a woman paying for gas with pennies, and give her money from their pockets. They had no idea that her husband had just died and she was struggling.
https://dms.licdn.com/playback/C5605...kPLuZAWG0J8cRk
Old 02-01-2019, 01:54 PM

That was kind. I try to do nice things and help people when I can but I tend not to take video of it or twit about it.

I'm mixed about this. On one had I think its good to do things for people. On the other I don't like the idea of recording people in what might be their most humbling time.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
that was kind. I try to do nice things and help people when i can but i tend not to take video of it or twit about it.

I'm mixed about this. On one had i think its good to do things for people. On the other i don't like the idea of recording people in what might be their most humbling time.
x 2.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
That was kind. I try to do nice things and help people when I can but I tend not to take video of it or twit about it.

I'm mixed about this. On one had I think its good to do things for people. On the other I don't like the idea of recording people in what might be their most humbling time.
x3 and to be honest, clicks for dollars is such a prevalent and pervasive thing that I have become really suspicious of anything charitable done on camera. Seems to be many are mostly interested in getting something to go viral. I was taught to keep my charitable deeds anonymous, not film it for public consumption.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:

When I see these vids, I smile but can't help but think it's staged for views in some way. The act was genuine and good on those guys but as you said, why video it.

I can't count how many times I have given a few toonies here and there and walked away thinking, ahh crap, just got taken. But you also know when you have genuinely helped. To the ones I felt hustled me, I leave that up to Karma. I did my good deed.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:

Good point there, buckbrush. On the other hand, at least for me, everytime I see vid like this it raises the humbleness in my heart and inspires me to do the same.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:22 AM

I always wonder that if not for the video footage to put online, would they have still done the same thing? I hope so.

I guess i'm getting so tired of everything people do has to be shared in some way, be it Facebook, Twitter, instagram. Seems that people always need the validation for some reason. I must be getting old......hahahaha

BH

Old 02-19-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Your link is no good
Old 02-19-2019, 08:36 AM

When there’s a group organizing to do something charitable then of course there must be some communication to get things achieved, but I’m in agreement about the trend where people perform ‘acts of kindness’ mostly so they can post on social media how awesome they are. It’s vanity and self aggrandization run amok. The most charitable people I know are rather quiet about their activities, or they at least aren’t actively seeking adulation from the masses.

Worse yet is when they have ulterior motives like that couple that did the GoFundMe for the homeless veteran that they conspired with/duped.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 02-19-2019 at 08:42 AM.