Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 10:54 PM

Default Any body starting to rethink virus advice.

My question may seem odd but are others begining to think this virus advice may be our down fall. I have been watching a number of You Tube videos and the people on them aremaking really good points. It has been brought up that the government is going to have a food shortage soon because of Cvid 19 mistruths. Many have posted videos of Bill Gates and his plans for lowering human population through vaccines. That one bothers me a lot because every government official is talking about the day they become avalible. How many have noticed that no one has gotten or died of influenza this year odd isn't it. How long will we be their puppets and stay in our houses. I may be way off base but some thing wlse is going on and it is not for our own good. Lets face it 2 months should have been enough to slow this down or end it not make it spread more. Why are the homeless not being affected. Today was the first case of a homeless person with Covid 19. Maybe just maybe our being insanely clean is not the answer. It makes a person wonder doesn't it. I am a transplant recipient and my Doctor wants me at the hospital more than normal. Is that not the worst place I could go. There is a lot more I could go into there but maybe another time. So let me know how you guys are thinking there are no right or wrong opinions to me.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:01 PM

Bill gates isn’t trying to reduce population through vaccines. That myth came about because of a speech where he simply got tongue twisted and said the wrong thing. It’s not some kind of deep dark conspiracy.

We’re bombarded by all kinds of opinions on the virus. Not matter what, if we’ve done the right thing and the virus doesn’t end up being as bad as it could have been people will say “see it wasn’t that bad.” The truth is it could have been disastrous and you want to see shortages? Imagine what would have happened with 30%-40% of the population out of commission.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:03 PM

Take a look at what snopes says about it. There’s so many knuckle draggers who believe all these conspiracy theories it makes me wonder how they can even function in the world.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bi...-depopulation/
Old 04-27-2020, 11:04 PM

Let's add in all the talk about covid tracking apps on the cell phones that supposedly won't invade privacy! Folks seem to be all for it but not cluing into the potential abuse of those apps.

And honestly, not that many politicians were infected. We know those folks are the biggest hypocrits (do as I say not as I do mentality).
Old 04-27-2020, 11:17 PM

Bill Gates is on record today claiming that any negative talk about China is merely a distraction. He doesn't say a distraction from what but any friend of China should not be trusted.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:22 PM
Banned

Hey WildBill, I think that you ought to listen to your Doctor’s advice before anyone on the Internet, specifically, YouTube. At the very least, get a second opinion from another Doctor if you think that yours is part of a worldwide conspiracy.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:28 PM

Seems like quite a few steps are being taken that aren't logical.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:29 PM

Social distancing policies are obviously saving thousands of lives in this country.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Bill gates isn’t trying to reduce population through vaccines.
That myth came about because of a speech where he simply got tongue twisted
and said the wrong thing.."
Ha ha..and here he is, in full "tongue twisted" glory.
Key words: "If we do a good job"
(@2:43)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMl0ty6evhU

Last edited by tri777; 04-27-2020 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillG View Post
My question may seem odd but are others begining to think this virus advice may be our down fall. I have been watching a number of You Tube videos and the people on them aremaking really good points. It has been brought up that the government is going to have a food shortage soon because of Cvid 19 mistruths. Many have posted videos of Bill Gates and his plans for lowering human population through vaccines. That one bothers me a lot because every government official is talking about the day they become avalible. How many have noticed that no one has gotten or died of influenza this year odd isn't it. How long will we be their puppets and stay in our houses. I may be way off base but some thing wlse is going on and it is not for our own good. Lets face it 2 months should have been enough to slow this down or end it not make it spread more. Why are the homeless not being affected. Today was the first case of a homeless person with Covid 19. Maybe just maybe our being insanely clean is not the answer. It makes a person wonder doesn't it. I am a transplant recipient and my Doctor wants me at the hospital more than normal. Is that not the worst place I could go. There is a lot more I could go into there but maybe another time. So let me know how you guys are thinking there are no right or wrong opinions to me.
You got any sources for your claims? Some of them are obviously not accurate. As Calgarychef demonstrated, it's often pretty easy to fact-check the nonsense you see on youtube through 30 seconds of googling.

Nobody has died of flu this year? Really? https://www.rochesterregional.org/ne...lu-season-2020

2 months should have been enough to slow or end it? Says who? Who has said the homeless are not affected?
Old 04-27-2020, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Stop watching youtube propaganda and social media misinformation.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:54 PM

Far too many people are suckered in by stories that they'd like to be true, rather than actually digging to either confirm or deny the claim, they'll just run with it as though it was fact because its just convenient. It gets to the point where they'll even argue in the idea's defense. Belief is a very weird thing, name a topic and you can find someone totally uneducated in that field who's dead-sure that they know far more than a career expert.

Its sad though that we're forced into this doubt by seeing so much misinformation and editorializing from the press who should be professionals. Some are, many aren't, some are accurate on certain topics but wildly incorrect on other issues. How can the average person develop trust in any news media at this point?
Old 04-27-2020, 11:55 PM

People create scenarios everyday, about almost everything

I think it's healthy, creative, and mostly for Entertainment Purposes Only!!!!

Getting too wrapped up in the ideas of others is dangerous.

Think for yourself. Be open to debate.

Oh, and NEVER give up your guns. Never.

And have enough ammo that you can fire one round, every minute, of every day, for 3 months.....minimum
Old 04-28-2020, 05:34 AM

Yep ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dodger.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:39 AM

In Minnesota yearly:
Cancer.. 9900 deaths
Heart disease.. 8230 deaths
Accidents.. 2800 deaths
Alzheimer's.. 2500 deaths
Respitory Disease. 2400 deaths

Covid. 198 deaths. 3/4 of which were in elderly care facilities, 3/4 were men average age 73. Nearly all with under lying conditions that any flu would have caused death.
I think the response to covid should have been more targeted to protect the people more vulnerable. A normal flu season here claims nearly 1000.

I do not think this response has been worth the 100s of thousands of people financially ruined here.

Osky
Old 04-28-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
In Minnesota yearly:
Cancer.. 9900 deaths
Heart disease.. 8230 deaths
Accidents.. 2800 deaths
Alzheimer's.. 2500 deaths
Respitory Disease. 2400 deaths

Covid. 198 deaths. 3/4 of which were in elderly care facilities, 3/4 were men average age 73. Nearly all with under lying conditions that any flu would have caused death.
I think the response to covid should have been more targeted to protect the people more vulnerable. A normal flu season here claims nearly 1000.

I do not think this response has been worth the 100s of thousands of people financially ruined here.

Osky
Good points.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:32 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

The virus now has created clotting problems in people to the point in order to Save a life the patient ends up with an amputated limb....seems to be more to understand about this virus so slow and steady is how we should go about this.
My son listened to a pregnant woman tell people at a shopping mart that this was all lies etc....wow...the whole world made this up and all the leaders got together on this one

If your getting a little wonky go for a long walk....get outside....pull yourself away from the boobtube....devices etc....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-28-2020, 06:33 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsweptcoast View Post
Social distancing policies are obviously saving thousands of lives in this country.
And it's one real easy step to follow.....

Old 04-28-2020, 06:34 AM

Been saying since this started the steps taken to combat Covid19 are likely going to do more damage and have a longer lasting impact then the virus it self

Only time will tell what the end result of the virus or all the restrictions will be
Old 04-28-2020, 06:45 AM

It is hind sight but I think overall they went too far. Lockdown and protect the elderley and others that are vulnerable to this type of disease then let herd immunity take over for the rest. A little cough and flu for many to deal with and businesses being short on staff temporarily would go a long way to a quick recovery. Social distancing, masks, lots of cleaning and I bet we would have gone through this thing with way less future issues.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:46 AM

Default Sweden vs Austria

I think lockdowns and restrictions are important. Have you heard about Sweden? They didn't and I think it's catching up to them.
Here are some numbers to compare two countries that are very similar in size. Sweden didn't lockdown, Austria was very extreme (for an European country) and locked down hard and quickly. Borders shut, police patrolling, no going out unless it's to the supermarket or pharmacy.

Sweden
population 10m
cases 19.6k
deaths 2.3k
recovered 1k
death/m 233
tests 119k
test/m 12k

Austria
population 9m
cases 15k
deaths 569
recovered 12k
death/m 63
tests 240k
test/m 26.6k

I always consider "recovered" as well. Active cases are the ones that can end in deaths. Recovered is recovered.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)
Old 04-28-2020, 07:15 AM

I always rethink advice handed out by the government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
I think lockdowns and restrictions are important. Have you heard about Sweden? They didn't and I think it's catching up to them.
Here are some numbers to compare two countries that are very similar in size. Sweden didn't lockdown, Austria was very extreme (for an European country) and locked down hard and quickly. Borders shut, police patrolling, no going out unless it's to the supermarket or pharmacy.

Sweden
population 10m
cases 19.6k
deaths 2.3k
recovered 1k
death/m 233
tests 119k
test/m 12k

Austria
population 9m
cases 15k
deaths 569
recovered 12k
death/m 63
tests 240k
test/m 26.6k

I always consider "recovered" as well. Active cases are the ones that can end in deaths. Recovered is recovered.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Australia’s success is largely do to it’s success in limiting Covid19 from coming into the country and quarantine of its residents coming home. Combined with the steps taken and being an island they were very successful in limiting Covid19 at the start. There is some articles about this and how Canada failed early on. Because both countries are similar population density

Sweden was not expecting to limit the impact of Covid19 at the start of the outbreak so the numbers should be no surprise. Herd immunity theory does not take steps to flatten the curve but instead has long term goals of immunity. The hope is to build immunity shortening the length of time Sweden combats Covid19 and limiting the impact to the country during the outbreak

People need to realize that we will not know the true results of any Covid19 management theory till the outbreak is over. Comparing the numbers during the outbreak between a theory that tries to flatten the curve and spread the outbreak out over time to limit stress on healthcare vs only protecting higher risk citizens well the rest hopefully gain immunity is crazy. The numbers should be very different during the outbreak but the length of time of the outbreak should be to. The impact on economy should also be different.

The big questions is when this is all over is there going to be a similar loss in life or will there be a big difference?

Will Sweden be over Covid19 faster with less impact on people’s lives and economics or will the sustain an excessive loss of life?

We are far from knowing the results of Covid19 or the theories on how to manage it
Old 04-28-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Have you done any research on the Spanish flu of 1918?

The first wave was thought of as just a mild flu. The rebounds were hideous.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Australia’s success is largely do to it’s success in limiting Covid19 from coming into the country and quarantine of its residents coming home. Combined with the steps taken and being an island they were very successful in limiting Covid19 at the start. There is some articles about this and how Canada failed early on. Because both countries are similar population density

Sweden was not expecting to limit the impact of Covid19 at the start of the outbreak so the numbers should be no surprise. Herd immunity theory does not take steps to flatten the curve but instead has long term goals of immunity. The hope is to build immunity shortening the length of time Sweden combats Covid19 and limiting the impact to the country during the outbreak

People need to realize that we will not know the true results of any Covid19 management theory till the outbreak is over. Comparing the numbers during the outbreak between a theory that tries to flatten the curve and spread the outbreak out over time to limit stress on healthcare vs only protecting higher risk citizens well the rest hopefully gain immunity is crazy. The numbers should be very different during the outbreak but the length of time of the outbreak should be to. The impact on economy should also be different.

The big questions is when this is all over is there going to be a similar loss in life or will there be a big difference?

Will Sweden be over Covid19 faster with less impact on people’s lives and economics or will the sustain an excessive loss of life?

We are far from knowing the results of Covid19 or the theories on how to manage it
AUSTRIA not Australia!

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)
Old 04-28-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
AUSTRIA not Australia!
Sorry skim reading well drinking coffee lol
Old 04-28-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Stop watching youtube propaganda and social media misinformation.
Having second thoughts about anything is inevitable. right now, we're committed, time to stick to the program.

Grizz
Old 04-28-2020, 07:52 AM

Default Problem with herd immunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
The death rate in Sweden is many times higher than it is in neighbouring Norway or Finland. This is the problem with developing herd immunity as Britain found out. Despite the attitudes that are being shown in some countries, most Canadians do not want to see all these people dying when other measures can be taken.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsweptcoast View Post
Yes they are, BUT...
Many people are failing to consider that most of what we have is based on our economy. Trudeau can’t keep stepping out on his porch and hand out billions of dollars while we wait at home. It’s not sustainable. If our economy collapses, there won’t be any money for our Healthcare system, or other frontline workers. It won’t matter if you have Corona Virus or Cancer, Diabetes or Heart issues... when there’s no money to fund a system, it will collapse (not only healthcare, but pensions, Treaty cheque’s, everything). Truth is this virus will be here much longer than the world can afford to sit it out. The flu killed as many as Covid-19 and it has a vaccine. Even if a vaccine is found, it may not eradicate the virus, just slow it like the Flu vaccine. Ya it sucks that more will get infected and some will die, but if more people truly understood, the alternative is even worse...
Old 04-28-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surhuntsalot View Post
Yes they are, BUT...
Many people are failing to consider that most of what we have is based on our economy. Trudeau can’t keep stepping out on his porch and hand out billions of dollars while we wait at home. It’s not sustainable. If our economy collapses, there won’t be any money for our Healthcare system, or other frontline workers. It won’t matter if you have Corona Virus or Cancer, Diabetes or Heart issues... when there’s no money to fund a system, it will collapse (not only healthcare, but pensions, Treaty cheque’s, everything). Truth is this virus will be here much longer than the world can afford to sit it out. The flu killed as many as Covid-19 and it has a vaccine. Even if a vaccine is found, it may not eradicate the virus, just slow it like the Flu vaccine. Ya it sucks that more will get infected and some will die, but if more people truly understood, the alternative is even worse...
There won't be no collapse....ease Into getting the economy up and running and tax the bejesus out of us.....gotta get back what went out somehow....death and taxes....

Closed Thread