Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2023, 09:10 AM

Default Best time to defeat the Libs!

OK folks this is the best chance in my lifetime. Canadians want change, but they don't like any of the leaders, and it will take more contact lenses to win the next election. Here is what I think will happen, there will be be more and more s**t thown at JT, (not the Liberals!) JT will take a walk in the snow and decide that he would like to spend more time with his family. There will be a very exciting leadership race, lots of free publicity for the debates etc. As soon as a dynamic well qualified woman is elected she will say that she needs a "mandate from the people, blah, blah, blah. Calls an election and 30 days later we can all settle into 4/5 more years of Liberal government.
The PCs will then throw out poor old PP and call for a leadership convention, which they should be doing now.
They are painting themselves into a corner, there is no reason to think that JT will lead the next campaign.
My father always said "the PCs don't want to win" maybe he was right, because if I can figure this out so can the PCs.
I think that there is something wrong inside the leadership of the PC party (not the politicians) and I don't know who these people are but I'll bet some people here know them. I'd like to know;why isn't Rona Ambrose or Caroline Mulrooney candidates for leader of the party.
If you don't make changes and soon, you are going to get beat and badly.
Old 07-22-2023, 09:44 AM

Ambrose and Mulroney decided not to run , that’s why.

You have to be a candidate to win the leadership. The reason the conservatives struggle is too many people like you, can’t stick with a chosen leader for more than a day without bring out the knives .

Trudeau’s ego won’t allow him to resign.
Old 07-22-2023, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Ambrose and Mulroney decided not to run , that’s why.

You have to be a candidate to win the leadership. The reason the conservatives struggle is too many people like you, can’t stick with a chosen leader for more than a day without bring out the knives .

Trudeau’s ego won’t allow him to resign.
Exactly! Trudeau's ego is the reason that he will lead the party ,until he is defeated in an election. He will never admit, that he isn't the best person to lead the party, and our country.
Old 07-22-2023, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Exactly! Trudeau's ego is the reason that he will lead the party ,until he is defeated in an election. He will never admit, that he isn't the best person to lead the party, and our country.
A lot of us would be hard pressed to like any of our leaders, you have to hold your nose and vote for Poilievre, I hate to say.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 07-22-2023, 10:44 AM

There won't be an election until Singh qualifies for his cushy MP pension.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:02 AM

I have never read that long of an OP and saw literally every idea within it wrong.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:09 AM

Default I think that we are getting played

If all the negative news is about JT and not the Libs it opens up the field for a new fresh shinny female leader to restore the country to a majority government by the party that is intended to run the country.
BTW it is not up to JT as to how long he stays as leader of the party.
He may be the next Canadian rep to the UN in New York or the ambassador to France in Paris.
If PP can't move the needle now when will he? He doesn't need to play to the people that he already has but to the people that he needs to win.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:13 AM

I'd like to be a member of a party that doesn't need a "Best time to defeat the Libs!"

If we need major scandals to win an election..... we are doing something wrong.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
I'd like to be a member of a party that doesn't need a "Best time to defeat the Libs!"

If we need major scandals to win an election..... we are doing something wrong.
Scandals are what sheds light on the level of corruption that is within our government. Even with them reported most people will be willfully ignorant of them. You can’t beat the ideology out of the left. It is like a religion and they are in 100%. Conservatives in Canada will never win an election on good sound values ever again without a huge cultural revolution.

The basis of conservative libertarian values are almost dead. We will need a break down in society after great suffering under a communist authoritarian government before people realize they were wrong. The only way the average ideologue will realize their beliefs are wrong is hunger. The populace literally needs to starve for a few days before they will look at themselves and find fault in their ideals. Every year there are more and more people like this.

Rona Ambrose and a catchy slogan will never defeat the overwhelming and multiplying number of takers in our society while the number of makers dwindles.

It all needs to crash and burn.

Hard times make strong men
Strong men make good times
Good times make weak men
Weak men make hard times.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
He doesn't need to play to the people that he already has but to the people that he needs to win.
And hence the problem within conservative ranks. If PP caters to the people he needs to win he alienates the old hardline boys conservative club (which will never get elected federally). He needs to be a better deception actor than Justin. Getting elected in the rest of Canada outside of Alberta is a smoke and mirrors play act of promises of unicorns and rainbows...PP is no good at lying, which is what is needed to win these days apparently.
Old 07-22-2023, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
And hence the problem within conservative ranks. If PP caters to the people he needs to win he alienates the old hardline boys conservative club (which will never get elected federally). He needs to be a better deception actor than Justin. Getting elected in the rest of Canada outside of Alberta is a smoke and mirrors play act of promises of unicorns and rainbows...PP is no good at lying, which is what is needed to win these days apparently.
That statement above is false. Erin O’toole is proof of it. He ran on Justin Trudeau’s 2015 platform and he couldn’t attract voters from either the ndp or liberals.

The conservatives need to start messaging the truth and tell people the pain they are going to feel. Tell them the hard truth and concede the next few elections. When more and more canadians rely on food banks and homeless centers they may change their ldeologies and become more self reliant and choose a government that rewards that.
Old 07-22-2023, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Couldn't agree more with the bolded section. Every time I look at the numbers, Ontario has grown by half a million, 15.5 Million now. Math really isn't that hard. We have to win Ontario and the old hard line Cons just remind Ontario of the Reform party and are killing us.
Old 07-22-2023, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
That statement above is false. Erin O’toole is proof of it. He ran on Justin Trudeau’s 2015 platform and he couldn’t attract voters from either the ndp or liberals.

The conservatives need to start messaging the truth and tell people the pain they are going to feel. Tell them the hard truth and concede the next few elections. When more and more canadians rely on food banks and homeless centers they may change their ldeologies and become more self reliant and choose a government that rewards that.
That will just keep pushing them further left. Leaches don’t change their ideology

Harper and otoole both tried pandering to the left. That didn’t work either.

None of it will, no “strategy” will defeat the libs, because the libs have been stocking onterribles swing ridings with immigrants and making sure they know who to vote for.

The only answer is regional or provincial autonomy.
Old 07-22-2023, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
That will just keep pushing them further left. Leaches don’t change their ideology

Harper and otoole both tried pandering to the left. That didn’t work either.

None of it will, no “strategy” will defeat the libs, because the libs have been stocking onterribles swing ridings with immigrants and making sure they know who to vote for.

The only answer is regional or provincial autonomy.
No it won’t keep pushing them left when the ndp/liberals are solely responsible for making many canadians homeless and hungry is the only way they will wake up and see the error of their ways. Its funny how so many need to hit rock bottom to admit fault.

Unless you mean in the short-term. Yes that will cause people to move left is why I say they would have to concede an election or two and let canada crash and burn. Then the conservatives can be there to say i told you so and now who do you want to rebuild from the wreckage made by stupid ideology.
Old 07-22-2023, 01:58 PM

Most Canadians lost touch with God and here we are.
Old 07-22-2023, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
X2
Old 07-22-2023, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Not a religious man myself but; I agree with this in principle.
Old 07-22-2023, 02:24 PM

Quote:
More because O'toole has the charisma of a fence post.
Old 07-22-2023, 02:32 PM

Quote:
More because O'toole has the charisma of a fence post.
No amount of charisma will sway an ideologue.

Many liberal party faithful are not happy with how far left trudeau has moved and they wouldn’t vote for trudeau 2.0 (o’toole) because of the big scary c word brainwashed into them.
Old 07-22-2023, 03:08 PM

Quote:
No amount of charisma will sway an ideologue.

Many liberal party faithful are not happy with how far left trudeau has moved and they wouldn’t vote for trudeau 2.0 (o’toole) because of the big scary c word brainwashed into them.
That isn't it... 8/10 provinces have conservative Premiers.

Harper kept the Soc Cons on a short leash and had political success. That short leash ended with Harper and so has our chances of success. It's no coincidence.
Old 07-22-2023, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Question being , which one ? There's no end to pick from. I would say, we've lost the principles that allow us to maintain our society, same thing when you come down to it.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 07-22-2023, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Religious or not, when we were growing up, you knew the basis of the law, the very cornerstone of western jurisprudence were the Ten Commandments.

Now those are offensive. References to them, or the God who relayed the messages herein, are seen as offensive. Mention of them in school puts you on shaky ground.

Is it any wonder why we are here?

I think not.

There’s an old saying… You sow to the wind… you reap a whirlwind.

Gentlemen, start your engines, cuz if you think the crazy sht coming out of Ottawa currently is an anomaly, I’d think again.

The woke left is just getting the car outta the garage.
Old 07-22-2023, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Religious or not, when we were growing up, you knew the basis of the law, the very cornerstone of western jurisprudence were the Ten Commandments.

Now those are offensive. References to them, or the God who relayed the messages herein, are seen as offensive. Mention of them in school puts you on shaky ground.

Is it any wonder why we are here?

I think not.

There’s an old saying… You sow to the wind… you reap a whirlwind.

Gentlemen, start your engines, cuz if you think the crazy sht coming out of Ottawa currently is an anomaly, I’d think again.

The woke left is just getting the car outta the garage.
I agree totally. Raised Roman Catholic but don’t really see myself as religious. But the way I was educated and brought up definitely had so e bearing on making me who I am today. And in those you g formative years, religion played a prt in that as well; I have no doubt.
Old 07-22-2023, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Question being , which one ? There's no end to pick from. I would say, we've lost the principles that allow us to maintain our society, same thing when you come down to it.

Grizz
I would say basically any of them. The principles you speak of are many times taught through most religions. As I said, I agree with the post in principle.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:35 PM

You don't 'negotiate' with a serial abuser. All the talk and promises to be fair and respectful are just empty promises. The only way to deal with serial abusers is to cut your losses, and walk away.

Hoping for the Laurentides of the east to 'give' the west a fair deal is delusion - why should they? They hold all of the cards, in a deck that's stacked against us.

A conservative party in power may sympathize with the west, but there won't be any significant changes. Not with all things federal being controlled by the east.

Suck it up, cut your losses, shed a tear for Canada, and stop the abuse by turning your back and walking away.

Start with mirroring everything Quebec has done in pursuing their destiny in becoming '" a nation within a nation".
Old 07-22-2023, 11:35 PM

Quote:
I agree totally. Raised Roman Catholic but don’t really see myself as religious. But the way I was educated and brought up definitely had so e bearing on making me who I am today. And in those you g formative years, religion played a prt in that as well; I have no doubt.
Yes. Totally. I’m a church going man today. Big part of my life. Still real rough around many edges, but I’d can’t imagine me without the Good Lord.

In all seriousness, even if it was what we thought was mindless ritual of the Lord’s Prayer in school, seeds of there being a right and wrong, and a God who we’d all have to stand before on the day of Judgement, were taking root.

Now, if you talked that way in school today, you’d be accused of uttering the mother of all evil.

Trust me, I’d turn the clock back to 1975 in nanosecond. Lotsa stuff we did back then actually may have made a much bigger difference than we may have thought.

And in a positive way.

I guess that is why I am a conservative.

Change is fine, but take it slow.
Old 07-23-2023, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
OK folks this is the best chance in my lifetime. Canadians want change, but they don't like any of the leaders, and it will take more contact lenses to win the next election. Here is what I think will happen, there will be be more and more s**t thown at JT, (not the Liberals!) JT will take a walk in the snow and decide that he would like to spend more time with his family. There will be a very exciting leadership race, lots of free publicity for the debates etc. As soon as a dynamic well qualified woman is elected she will say that she needs a "mandate from the people, blah, blah, blah. Calls an election and 30 days later we can all settle into 4/5 more years of Liberal government.
The PCs will then throw out poor old PP and call for a leadership convention, which they should be doing now.
They are painting themselves into a corner, there is no reason to think that JT will lead the next campaign.
My father always said "the PCs don't want to win" maybe he was right, because if I can figure this out so can the PCs.
I think that there is something wrong inside the leadership of the PC party (not the politicians) and I don't know who these people are but I'll bet some people here know them. I'd like to know;why isn't Rona Ambrose or Caroline Mulrooney candidates for leader of the party.
If you don't make changes and soon, you are going to get beat and badly.
Not sure if you dislike PP so much because you're some sort of feminist, or because you're secretly a Liberal supporter and PP scares you so much that you're trying to turn supporters against him?
I'm really starting to think it's the latter.
All of your threads read the same. You keep telling us the conservatives need to dump PP, without any substance in your prose. Then proceed to declare yourself a life-long conservative.
Perhaps do us "other" conservatives and your conscience a favour on the next election day, stay home.
Lest you ad to the turmoil.
Old 07-23-2023, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
That isn't it... 8/10 provinces have conservative Premiers.

Harper kept the Soc Cons on a short leash and had political success. That short leash ended with Harper and so has our chances of success. It's no coincidence.
That is whole separate debate. I would say 2 or 3 do. Is Doug Ford a conservative really? 😀 I know what you are saying but it is two different animals provincial and federal. In Edmonton we elect Trudeau’s buddy as mayor. We have elected the NDP but when it comes to federal I don’t see many NDP seats in AB and occasionally we get a red stain or two but hopefully those clear up too.

Doug Ford is only in power because the liberals crashed and burned that province with their outrageous energy policies. Kind of like I said, people need to really feel the consequences of their ideology to ever change.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Not sure if you dislike PP so much because you're some sort of feminist, or because you're secretly a Liberal supporter and PP scares you so much that you're trying to turn supporters against him?
I'm really starting to think it's the latter.
All of your threads read the same. You keep telling us the conservatives need to dump PP, without any substance in your prose. Then proceed to declare yourself a life-long conservative.
Perhaps do us "other" conservatives and your conscience a favour on the next election day, stay home.
Lest you ad to the turmoil.
Well said.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:29 AM

Default Coincidently

Quote:
The Russians said the same thing after the Bolsheviks took over.