Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:27 PM

Default Alberta Tactical

In light of all the bad reviews on the site I thought I'd offer a good one for a change.

I dropped off an action and new stock to be bedded. I did most of the inletting but chickened out when the time came to do the bedding myself.

Rick promised me a time and overdelivered. The work was great and he didn't even complain about the rookie job of inletting that I probably made harder for him to work with. Even threw in some better screws for the action as the ones I had were too short going from a synthetic to laminate.

Thanks Rick for a job well done. I'll be back.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:48 PM

I've seen a few negatives for them for sure, but they always seemed to me to be outweighed by positive reviews. I've had work done by them before and the proof is in the pudding. I was actually thinking of dropping in there today but wound up off on another tangent.

The retain my business. What else can be said really? The danger part is always finding another "must have" item when I'm there.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:13 PM

I was actually meaning negative reviews in general not towards ATR.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:06 PM

I've only used Alberta Tactical once but the work and the experience was top notch!
I drove to Cowtown to drop off 2 pistols and my Tikka and not only did he do good work he delivered them to Edmonton for me.He said he had to come here anywaze but it was still much appreciated.
Top marks from me fer sure.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 PM

Rick is awesome to deal with.

Purchased a Nightforce scope from him and he mounted it for free right then and there.

He also handles the best soft gun cases I have ever seen. Well worth the money!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:59 AM

Default Alberta tactical supply - poor customer service

I purchased an item on the 17 of June and now to date(July 12) it has still not arrived. I live in Edmonton, but Alberta Tactical put the wrong postal code on, causing the item to travel SEVERAL times across Canada. I have contacted the company several times, but all they have to offer is that its on route? They should do the right thing and either refund or resend the package. I guess what I'm saying is they have my money so why should they care??
Be very wary of them when dealing with purchases made online. I can not recommend them at this time or would I ever buy from them again.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinto42 View Post
I purchased an item on the 17 of June and now to date(July 12) it has still not arrived. I live in Edmonton, but Alberta Tactical put the wrong postal code on, causing the item to travel SEVERAL times across Canada. I have contacted the company several times, but all they have to offer is that its on route? They should do the right thing and either refund or resend the package. I guess what I'm saying is they have my money so why should they care??
Be very wary of them when dealing with purchases made online. I can not recommend them at this time or would I ever buy from them again.

So you've been watching it through a tracking reference code that he provided and are observing through the magic of online tracking the courier company bouncing it back and forth through our vast nation? I'd think that an address on the thing would be able to override the bad postal code, so I'd place equal responsibility on the courier. It doesn't sound fun as a consumer admittedly, but its certainly not the end of the world. How can ATRS possibly refund or resend a package that you know is being circles about by the courier, there's no mechanism for them to order it returned to them anything close to putting a stop-payment on a cheque. There's no stop-delivery feature unless you've not yet brought it to the post office. Refund? The item's en route.....

I'm sure you're eagerly awaiting the package, but sometimes crap happens beyond everyone's control and a person has to exercise a thing called patience.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
And they would probably rather not have you as a customer. They took your money and sent your product, terrible outfit. Get tracking, its out of their hands.

Last edited by DaleJ; 07-12-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleJ View Post
And they would probably rather not have you as a customer. They took your money and sent your product, terrible outfit. Get tracking, its out of their hands.
Is that how you operate? As long as the courier/Canada Post have it you've done enough?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:12 AM

I have had nothing but top notch service from Rick and Dustin at ATRS. I can't say enough good things about them and their advice and service.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Nice first post! chit happens especially with courier companies....all of them.
I've had Nothing but great service from ATRS.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 AM

I have purchased numerous things from ATRS and will continue to do so. Next year they will also be doing some work on my rifle, I know they will do quality work.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Is that how you operate? As long as the courier/Canada Post have it you've done enough?
I insure for value including shipping and supply tracking numbers, however if it's important that customer gets product on time, another package will be sent as long as that customer doesn't scream on "forums" at me. Have no use for people that go public with problems before addressing them with product and service supplier.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:00 AM

In this case he clearly has.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleJ View Post
I insure for value including shipping and supply tracking numbers, however if it's important that customer gets product on time, another package will be sent as long as that customer doesn't scream on "forums" at me. Have no use for people that go public with problems before addressing them with product and service supplier.
Yep. X 3

We recently had an issue with a brand-new only opened 3 times before seizing-up Quickbooks accounting program that is still not resolved, but I've yet to start a thread on it. (Do keep tuned in though!)
Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 PM

Default Reply to atrs

Sadly, I called twice to get help from ATRS, after I pointed out that the package had gone to Quebec and back and was now on its second tour out east, basically, I was told it was not their problem. Well RICK, guess what, you fail! I had paid you for a product and delivery, for Christ sake it was only to Edmonton and YOUR SHIPPER SCREWED UP THE POSTAL CODE THANK YOU VERY MUCH! So, do you hear that sound, oh what sound? exactly, that's the sound of me not firing ammo out of my new magazines.

I talked to a woman in your shop twice, she is obviously very useless at her job, because, you still haven't fixed YOUR ERROR!! But that's ok, because, your unhappy customer took care of it today and got help from Canada Post. ATRS as the shipper, could not even give me a trouble ticket from Canada Post, that is what a shipper gets from Canada Post, to HELP resolve these type of issues. You need to head space and time your staff on effective customer service.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Sadly, I called twice to get help from ATRS, after I pointed out that the package had gone to Quebec and back and was now on its second tour out east, basically, I was told it was not their problem. Well RICK, guess what, you fail! I had paid you for a product and delivery, for Christ sake it was only to Edmonton and YOUR SHIPPER SCREWED UP THE POSTAL CODE THANK YOU VERY MUCH! So, do you hear that sound, oh what sound? exactly, that's the sound of me not firing ammo out of my new magazines.

I talked to a woman in your shop twice, she is obviously very useless at her job, because, you still haven't fixed YOUR ERROR!! But that's ok, because, your unhappy customer took care of it today and got help from Canada Post. ATRS as the shipper, could not even give me a trouble ticket from Canada Post, that is what a shipper gets from Canada Post, to HELP resolve these type of issues. You need to head space and time your staff on effective customer service.

Scott IF you are going to post things like this on an open forum at least tell the whole story and stick with the facts. I know fiction is more exciting but.....

Unfortunately some of us are merely human and make mistakes copying down simple things like postal codes. We apologized for what we thought was our mistake and have done everything in our power to arrive at the solution we both wanted, you getting your mags. According to Canada Post "the postal code was incorrectly scanned at time of mailing..." Which would lead me to believe we in fact did NOT make an error at all.

You need to understand something. We do not own Canada Post, yet. If we did it would be much more efficient.

On June 26 you called to inquire as to the whereabouts of your 3 mags. My wife at that time contacted Roxanne at CP to follow up and get an update for you.

In your post you neglect to mention how you called my wife (the lady who initiated the dealing with Canada Posts tracking center) incompetent and a liar on July 8th.
We did everything possible to resolve this. We gave you not only the tracking number (0102897000283471) but also the investigation reference number (July 8 #107753661 as per Rosa at CP), as you too followed up with Canada Post not believing we had, we were informed by the CP rep (Roxanne July 10) of this fact, she also told me, the same as she told you, that only we as the shipper could institute a claim and only after a proscribed time frame.

You may feel my wife is incompetent but she seems to be able to do a damn fine job in keeping this business running. AND she keeps impeccable records!

We were informed by another Canada Post rep (Alanna July 12) that the package COULD be redirected, we received bad intel from that CP agent. The fact is once something is shipped via CP the only option is to report it lost if it does not show up at the destination. This was clearly not the case as both you and I were able to track its ridiculous route from Calgary to various parts of Quebec and back then eventually to Edmonton.

Possibly if you had not immediately threatened to reverse your visa payment I may have been more willing to work with you, but after your abusive tantrum with my wife, the 7 threatening or derogatory faxes sent between 06:10 July 12th and 07:30 July 13th and and 5 threatening phone calls you felt might intimidate us to reward your behavior we elected to wait and see if CP would finally deliver or if you would in fact reverse the payment as you told me you would be doing.

I still have the messages and faxes saved, if you want I would be happy to post the faxes and transcripts of your messages including the time stamps here for all to see.

If you are going to be a firearms owner it is best NOT to leave threatening evidence that could be considered a safety concern.

I see you DID get your mags. Signed for July 16th

As someone else posted maybe we do not want you as a client. Abusive bullies are not the type of folks we want to deal with.

We have a well and hard earned reputation for above and beyond customer service and strive to improve where ever we can, but do not respond well to abusive tantrums from anyone.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:00 PM

Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Banned

Magnum Machine, really????? 1 post ????? sounds like somebody I know. Come on R**k, you seem to have a lot to say. If that is you for sure, I've seen threads on your barrel that looked liked they had been theaded with a pipe wrench and glued on with locktite. Just saying, I could be wrong about the new alias name, but I surely am not about the work.

And if truly you keep changing your alias name here on AO, I have only one question......WHY?
Old 08-08-2013, 06:27 PM

Default This appears factual.

Well written, it is great to see more information on this dispute. I await a rebuttal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumMachine View Post
Scott IF you are going to post things like this on an open forum at least tell the whole story and stick with the facts. I know fiction is more exciting but.....

Unfortunately some of us are merely human and make mistakes copying down simple things like postal codes. We apologized for what we thought was our mistake and have done everything in our power to arrive at the solution we both wanted, you getting your mags. According to Canada Post "the postal code was incorrectly scanned at time of mailing..." Which would lead me to believe we in fact did NOT make an error at all.

You need to understand something. We do not own Canada Post, yet. If we did it would be much more efficient.

On June 26 you called to inquire as to the whereabouts of your 3 mags. My wife at that time contacted Roxanne at CP to follow up and get an update for you.

In your post you neglect to mention how you called my wife (the lady who initiated the dealing with Canada Posts tracking center) incompetent and a liar on July 8th.
We did everything possible to resolve this. We gave you not only the tracking number (0102897000283471) but also the investigation reference number (July 8 #107753661 as per Rosa at CP), as you too followed up with Canada Post not believing we had, we were informed by the CP rep (Roxanne July 10) of this fact, she also told me, the same as she told you, that only we as the shipper could institute a claim and only after a proscribed time frame.

You may feel my wife is incompetent but she seems to be able to do a damn fine job in keeping this business running. AND she keeps impeccable records!

We were informed by another Canada Post rep (Alanna July 12) that the package COULD be redirected, we received bad intel from that CP agent. The fact is once something is shipped via CP the only option is to report it lost if it does not show up at the destination. This was clearly not the case as both you and I were able to track its ridiculous route from Calgary to various parts of Quebec and back then eventually to Edmonton.

Possibly if you had not immediately threatened to reverse your visa payment I may have been more willing to work with you, but after your abusive tantrum with my wife, the 7 threatening or derogatory faxes sent between 06:10 July 12th and 07:30 July 13th and and 5 threatening phone calls you felt might intimidate us to reward your behavior we elected to wait and see if CP would finally deliver or if you would in fact reverse the payment as you told me you would be doing.

I still have the messages and faxes saved, if you want I would be happy to post the faxes and transcripts of your messages including the time stamps here for all to see.

If you are going to be a firearms owner it is best NOT to leave threatening evidence that could be considered a safety concern.

I see you DID get your mags. Signed for July 16th

As someone else posted maybe we do not want you as a client. Abusive bullies are not the type of folks we want to deal with.

We have a well and hard earned reputation for above and beyond customer service and strive to improve where ever we can, but do not respond well to abusive tantrums from anyone.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:28 PM

Default Huh?

What is your stake in this, gitrdun?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Magnum Machine, really????? 1 post ????? sounds like somebody I know. Come on R**k, you seem to have a lot to say. If that is you for sure, I've seen threads on your barrel that looked liked they had been theaded with a pipe wrench and glued on with locktite. Just saying, I could be wrong about the new alias name, but I surely am not about the work.

And if truly you keep changing your alias name here on AO, I have only one question......WHY?
Old 08-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz Dog View Post
What is your stake in this, gitrdun?
None, whatsoever. Next?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:24 PM

I can honestly say that Rick and Dustin are some of the most stand up guys I have ever dealt with. Also very helpful/informative to someone who is pretty new to the long range game, like me. Very quick responses on emails and answer in detail. They have actually just finished up a project of mine recently that I can't wait to pick up when I'm done this shift at work. I'm sure it will be top notch work and the service to customers is second to none.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxx11 View Post
I can honestly say that Rick and Dustin are some of the most stand up guys I have ever dealt with. Also very helpful/informative to someone who is pretty new to the long range game, like me. Very quick responses on emails and answer in detail. They have actually just finished up a project of mine recently that I can't wait to pick up when I'm done this shift at work. I'm sure it will be top notch work and the service to customers is second to none.
Awesome, so who is this "Magnum Machine" ?????

And to those that happen to be of the opinion that the sun shines out of their rear ends, that is fine. I happen to think otherwise, but will not get condescending. We can agree to disagree without getting into a poop show, yes?......no?

Last edited by gitrdun; 08-08-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:48 PM

They built a rifle for me last year. Always prompt with replies to any inquiries(damn near same day actually) and the end product will shoot 1/2 moa at 1000. I would not hesitate to be a repeat customer or recommend to a friend.
Oh ya magnum machine is ATRS says so right on their web site.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:11 AM

I used their services a few times and it was always great, next time I need some work on a rifle I will use their services.
They have answered my questions every time, and prevented me from buying the wrong items (optics mounts) for a rifle.
I just wish they were opened on Saturday since I live 3 hours away from Calgary.... but they are great to help on the phone or email.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post

Normally I would not bother to respond to you, but you did raise 1 valid question that I thought should be addressed for the rest of the forum members.

I was advised of Scotts post so felt in all fairness a full response was in order. I honestly could not tell anyone when the last time I visited this forum was, but it was quite a while back.

Years ago when I first joined this forum I ran my usual handle. My company name. I do not believe in hiding behind the shield of alter egos.
It is all too easy to hurl insults or bad mouth someone with impunity when no-one knows who you really are. Case in point gitrdun, the captain of the hate team for my company and alinto42.

I was told that to run that handle I had to pay sponsorship fees as it was deemed advertising, so asked the admin to change my handle to a different 1. Over the years we had to change internet service providers. I forgot the password and as you can not reset your password using a different email address hosted by a different internet provider ( we used to be with shaw and now are with telus, unfortunately) I found it simpler to create a new account.
The handle is pretty transparent however to most as was intended.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Actually, I think your well written and concise repose was what really made it obvious who it was.

It is, as always, great to learn your side of the story.

And, it reminds me that I still have to put my old Parker Hale (the one I brought into your shop in pieces to have the stock repaired) back together, and get it back in there so we can get the trigger tweaked. I had completely forgotten about it until now!

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Precisionshooter

Quote:
Normally I would not bother to respond to you, but you did raise 1 valid question that I thought should be addressed for the rest of the forum members.

I was advised of Scotts post so felt in all fairness a full response was in order. I honestly could not tell anyone when the last time I visited this forum was, but it was quite a while back.

Years ago when I first joined this forum I ran my usual handle. My company name. I do not believe in hiding behind the shield of alter egos.
It is all too easy to hurl insults or bad mouth someone with impunity when no-one knows who you really are. Case in point gitrdun, the captain of the hate team for my company and alinto42.

I was told that to run that handle I had to pay sponsorship fees as it was deemed advertising, so asked the admin to change my handle to a different 1. Over the years we had to change internet service providers. I forgot the password and as you can not reset your password using a different email address hosted by a different internet provider ( we used to be with shaw and now are with telus, unfortunately) I found it simpler to create a new account.
So lets see. Magnummachine is rick timmins? Is that correct, just to be clear.. Was longshot one of your previous site names/handles? Do you share your login information with others?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:34 AM

Good response. I like to hear both sides of the story. Many times I see shop owners who make a post in response and it is not as well written and thought out with good representation and facts provided.

I have seen businesses assassinated by the response of some people. People abuse, insult and threaten people and if they don't get what they want it is "poor customer service".

Having been on both sides of this fence, I have seen issues from both sides of the fence.

The whole mentality of the "customer is always right" sometimes has gotten things screwed up. In fact many times the customer is wrong and I try to help them. If they don't want the help or abuse me or my staff, it is quite simple I chase them off to deal with my competition... in essence I fire them as my customer so they are no longer my customer.

Good luck getting what you need at Wal-Mart.
Closed Thread